Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #46
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I've been playing a bit more this afternoon. The substitution bug thing literally and completely ruins the gameplay. I know we like to complain about the "little things", but this quite literally makes gameplay horrible. I was forced to keep switching sides every 5 minutes on 8 minute quarters to make substitutions for the CPU, and then switch back and continue playing. Total waste of time.

Also, there is a serious problem with offensive rebounding by the CPU. For fun, I played as the 90s All-stars versus the Cavs. By the end of the game, Ilgauskas had racked up 20 offensive rebounds alone. In total, the Cavs grabbed 28 offensive rebounds and 20 defensive rebounds.

Also, there is a serious "awareness" problem among your own teammates when balls hit the rim. I counted at least 6 separate occasions when a CPU player would miss a driving layup, and then the ball would fall to the ground while David Robinson, Karl Malone, and Grant HIll stood around listlessly, while the CPU player grabbed another offensive rebound for a 2nd chance point.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #47
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

2K7 is the best basketball game I've ever played, it's almost perfect. Live has been getting worse and worse for years.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #48
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Where can you see ben Gordon run up the court in full sprint to the 3 point line, while being triple teamed by Shane Battier/Kirk Hinrich/Tim Duncan, and launch a fadeaway off-balance 30 footer with 20 seconds left in the shot clock in the 2nd quarter?

Live 07

F&cking morons...I've been adjusting the new water-downed sliders for another hour to get this thing to be more realistic...obviously not everything is working
Old 10-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #49
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

For those of you that downloaded the 3 gigger PC version, how do you go about installing it? Warning, complete noob here.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #50
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
For those of you that downloaded the 3 gigger PC version, how do you go about installing it? Warning, complete noob here.

what file format did you download it
Old 10-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #51
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Also, when you play on Superstar mode, it's more hard than last years mode if you play superstar mode.

I loved it the first few days, but now, it seems kind of dissapointing to me.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #52
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
what file format did you download it

Ah got it figured finally. EA is an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to gaming. I honestly have no idea how they can call this a final product. Lazy bastards, Michael Sweetney still has a New York Knick jersey on in his player profile. The least you can do is the change the color pattern, pretend to make an effort for our sake. ****ing **********s!
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #53
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

couple of bugs I found:

1. During off-ball movement, keys are incorrectly mapped. When one player is mapped to the "layup" button and the other is mapped to the "dunk" button, those are actually reversed. Took me long enough to figure out why I kept passing to the wrong guy. Then again, knowing EA Sports, I didn't expect them to ever test, let alone use, the off-ball movement.

2. If you are playing a season or dynasty, you can't set your own roster the way you want it. For example, you have Hilton Armstrong and Nenad Krstic as your powerforwards and you want Hilton Armstrong starting because you want some interior athleticism in your starting line. Live 07 actually won't let you do this, because since Nenad has a higher overall rating than Hilton, he will ALWAYS start. In order to get Hilton to start, you have to set Nenad's primary position to center, so that Hilton will start at power forward. F&cking retarded. In fact, this bug didn't even show up until I was well into my season. I found it when, one day, I realized all the wrong players were starting even though I specifically tabbed certain players to start.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: