Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default Re: *Rumor* Tim Floyd to be hired as head coach of the University of Arizona soon

He's just being offered the job anyways, the report was premature. But he has brought in OJ Mayo and Demar DeRozan the past 2 years, so he reels in big time recruits. And this is at a football school. As for the person that suggested Wright...dream on
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default Re: *Rumor* Tim Floyd to be hired as head coach of the University of Arizona soon

And also he didn't go the the sweet 16 with Mayo, they lost in the first round with him. They went to the sweet 16 two years ago.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
Champion
Banned

If Tim Floyd could bring the recruits (Sidney and Hill) to UofA, i'm all for his hiring. When i first heard Floyd possibly being UofA head coach, i was disappointed. Hopefully he can bring those recruits and more to Arizona. Otherwise, he'll be a disappointment.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Tim Floyd will address the media around 3 p.m. today at USC. If he were leaving, I would assume the press conference would be in Arizona but that's just my hunch.

http://insidesocal.com/usc/
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #20
Positive
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

I just heard this on PTI too, apparently he had 24 to make sure he agreed with his choice and then decided to stay at USC.
Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Jim Livengood needs to be fired. If we choke the stuff and end up with Theus I'm gonna be pissed.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Jim Livengood needs to be fired. If we choke the stuff and end up with Theus I'm gonna be pissed.
Reggie Theus?

I would take Sean Miller over Theus easily..
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
Reggie Theus?

I would take Sean Miller over Theus easily..
Obviously but if we choke away Floyd, I doubt we can get Miller.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

He is staying.

Capel or Miller. Get er done.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #25
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
He is staying.

Capel or Miller. Get er done.
Capel reportedly declined already.

Miller is a longshot considering he turned down Indiana last season,and Arizona next season is slightly a notch above Indiana if Hill/Budinger/Wise all opt for the NBA.

Arizona is now 0/3 in their coaching search.

What about Jamie Dixon?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Capel reportedly declined already.

Miller is a longshot considering he turned down Indiana last season,and Arizona next season is slightly a notch above Indiana if Hill/Budinger/Wise all opt for the NBA.

Arizona is now 0/3 in their coaching search.

What about Jamie Dixon?
Capel has never been talked to. Floyd was the 3rd choice behind Calipari and Pitino. Dixon isnt leaving Pitt.

Capel
Miller
Drew

Bennett
Fox

Theus
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #27
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Quote:
Capel has never been talked to. Floyd was the 3rd choice behind Calipari and Pitino. Dixon isnt leaving Pitt.

Capel
Miller
Drew

Bennett
Fox

Theus
Its possible..

I read somewhere that if Floyd would have left SC sources say that Dixon said he "might take it"..talking about the SC opening..

I'll see if I can find it..
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Yeah, Dixon would definitely leave Pitt. And Sean Miller is waiting for it to happen. He's made it known that he'd love to coach at his alma mater. It's hard to stay good at Pitt because it's hard to recruit there. I remember them saying Dante Taylor (#24 player this year) is their best commit since Charles Smith in the late 80's. Think of the NBA players who have gone there (Mark Blount...). There's not many.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 04-02-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Yeah, Dixon would definitely leave Pitt. And Sean Miller is waiting for it to happen. He's made it known that he'd love to coach at his alma mater. It's hard to stay good at Pitt because it's hard to recruit there. I remember them saying Dante Taylor (#24 player this year) is their best commit since Charles Smith in the late 80's. Think of the NBA players who have gone there (Chris Gatling, Mark Blount...). There's not many.

Aaron Gray...HAHAHAHA
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I knew Arizona was going to be in for a rather rude awakening with their coaching search. This is not an elite program. It was a cult-of-personality program that was driven by Olson. There is a very specific, but very big difference. It's just another program now.

It isn't a destination program for top-flight coaches.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: