Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default AI - Future Bobcat?

very interesting article i read about the possibility of AI coming to the cats in the very near future. i'm not sure what to think, but who knows?

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...402/index.html
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: AI - Future Bobcat?

I could see that happening. AI will want to go somewhere that will allow him to be the man. I think the Bobcats would be the perfect place for AI to go.

How long is Gerald Wallace signed for? AI and Wallace playing together could be huge.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i'm pretty sure we have wallace until 2013 (2012?) or so. and yeah, i think AI and wallace would be a good duo, but i'm still worried about AI and coach brown not getting along. iverson also has that punk kind of attitude that i personally find annoying, but as long as he doesn't mess up the team chemistry and can get the job done, i won't mind.

if he could put up some of his old numbers on a consistent basis then we'd have a pretty solid squad.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Felton for AI?

PG: AI, DJ
SG: Bell
SF: Wallace, Vlad
PF: Diaw
C: Mek, Diop

The only hope for depth is that we somehow pick up a pick in the draft (unless we miss the playoffs) or find some decent vets who will play in CLT.

Man, I hate Alexis Ajinca, but I guess it's not really his fault.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I don't see this happening, nor do I want it.

AI is at the end of his career. He's been *****ing about a back injury and has said he'd rather retire than come off the bench. I don't want that here.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I don't see this happening, nor do I want it.

AI is at the end of his career. He's been *****ing about a back injury and has said he'd rather retire than come off the bench. I don't want that here.
He won't sit on the bench here. That article from NBA.com makes a great point, we are pretty good defensively and suck on offense. We get him for a short time at a very cheap salary and he helps lead us to the playoffs. In a few years, AI retires and our fan base is much bigger after making the playoffs. Heck, by that time, a few contracts will expire and we will have the funds to make a run at a superstar.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wasn't LB like the only coach that AI ever respected?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Not a bad idea. After watching Felton missing shots after shots after shots, now's the right time to think about a replacement. Iverson should be a great mentor for Augustin as both have the quickness and ability to hit open jumpers.

So I say just go for Iverson, and sign him for 3 years (hoping he'll last longer than Jason Kidd... ) Mid-level exception should do it though.

But the problem is, will Brown retire after next season? Who's going to replace him?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Brown and Iverson get along. That won't be an issue. For the right price he could be a decent signing (6-8M), but a part of me thinks he will destroy the chemistry your team is building. Could be a gamble.

He's unrestricted after this season so trade scenarios are unecessary.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

LB doesn't see AI as a PG...that's why he paired him with Snow in Philly.

About the only way I could see us doing it is if we maybe combined DJ with Nazr and got Detroit to do a S&T for like 7 per for 2 years. Unless we're able to dump some salary it appears using the MLE would put us over the luxury tax.

Felton's a RFA and has to approve of any trade/S&T. With Stuckey there I doubt he'd be hot to go to Detroit.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

This had crossed my mind as, as I've said before my brother plays ball over here and is semi obbsessed with A.I. Because of it I'd love to see his face if Iverson played for the cats. I think if we can't keep Felton for a sensible wage, offering the money to him instead would be the best option. He'd be in a rotation with DJ and Bell for those 2 spots much like he is now in Detroit though, but I'd see him being a starter really and getting more minutes here than there.

He'd be the type of name we need to get fans in and also has the connection to coach Brown. I think here is one of the few places that would offer him a big deal so I can see it if he thinks we can make play-offs now. His expereince would be good on what's still a young team aswell. Not sure if as he was a player with alot of determination and drive, our work ethic here would spur him on to get in form. Can't beleive he was an all-star starter as he's not that good now, but it's a popularity contest after all and hopefully he'd be popular here.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I really don't see us renouncing Felton...and I don't know if we can anyway as I think we've already got the qualifying offer out there and there's a hard date for when it can be rescinded.

If you want AI the trick is to get rid of Nazr so we can cover the money and stay under the luxury tax.

Same deal as I put forth earlier...but our draft pick instead of DJ possibly? I'd prefer that MUCH more. Question is would Joe Dumars?
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bobcats would be a nice team for AI. He needs a team of defensive minded players and guys that can make open jumpers to be effective. AI could bring the ball up court and then play off the ball and let Diaw get the team into their offense. Bell, Wallace, and Okafor are all premier defenders at their positions and Diaw isn't bad as well.

Iverson/Augustin
Bell/Felton
Wallace/Radmanovic
Diaw
Okafor/Diop
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Brown and Iverson get along. That won't be an issue. For the right price he could be a decent signing (6-8M), but a part of me thinks he will destroy the chemistry your team is building. Could be a gamble.

He's unrestricted after this season so trade scenarios are unecessary.

I, too, am concerned that AI could have a negative affect on our team chemistry but if LB were concerned about that then Brown wouldn't want AI here either.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

According to a new posting on ISHs Rumors page, AI is out for the rest of the season due to his sore back.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: