Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #31
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: AI - Future Bobcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
If not for Bob Johnsons Horse Jumper Classic or whatever its called being held at the arena Charlotte could very well have their last 4 games at home, but oh well. Fred Whitfield (sp?) needs to shape up the schedule next year, because this year was just sad comparing the home/away games from the start to the end of the season.

IMO whether or not Bob Johnson postpones next year's horse show till later in April will show better than anything what his committment is to having a winning Bobcats team. He was interviewed recently about the fact that his horse show scheduling for this month really hurt the Cats and Johnson seemed oblivious--he just talked about how important the jumper classic is. That's not in doubt, of course, it's just the scheduling. But he chose to not answer that question directly. So we shall see...........
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #32
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
IMO whether or not Bob Johnson postpones next year's horse show till later in April will show better than anything what his committment is to having a winning Bobcats team. He was interviewed recently about the fact that his horse show scheduling for this month really hurt the Cats and Johnson seemed oblivious--he just talked about how important the jumper classic is. That's not in doubt, of course, it's just the scheduling. But he chose to not answer that question directly. So we shall see...........
Jumper Classic is important? BS.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #33
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
Jumper Classic is important? BS.

It's important to Bob Johnson because his daughter is an equestrian and she participates in the show and it's apparently the richest horse show in the U.S. and brings money and prestige to Charlotte. BJ has to do something to make up for dissing Charlotte and its business community last year. All we're asking is that the jumper classic dates be changed. I guess we'll find out eventually.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

At least next season we are in a position to win more of our early home games, so finishing on the road won't have as much of an impact.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #35
Brakas
I airball my layups

I would like to see us pick up another quality big or a good size two. I feel good about going into next year. As much as I wanted the Cats to make the playoffs, I think they grew up the second half of the season and the future is bright as long as we keep this core together.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

We are essentially a 500 team now. We were 7-16 before the Diaw/Bell trade and 28-26 after. I think if the core stays together and a few pieces are added we will win a few more of the close games. I can see us going 45-37 next season. Not stellar, but good enough to get into the post season and possibly do some damage.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #37
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
We are essentially a 500 team now. We were 7-16 before the Diaw/Bell trade and 28-26 after. I think if the core stays together and a few pieces are added we will win a few more of the close games. I can see us going 45-37 next season. Not stellar, but good enough to get into the post season and possibly do some damage.

I like this outlook, but I still think 45 is pushing it unless we acquire someone in the off-season to help us get to that 45+ mark. I still think we'll be somewhere within the 38-42 win mark next season, however just enough to squeeze ourselves into the playoffs.

I guess I'm more of an expect the worst hope for the best type guys.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #38
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Since this is such a heavy draft for SGs AND that seems to be our biggest weakness (depth, not a starter...Raja is that IMO) you have to think we're going to get some much needed help in the draft.

I also think we bring back May on a minimum deal which will make him hungry (pun absolutely intended) to do well as he'll be playing for a good contract. Add in another depth player or two with our 2nds and I think that'll cover enough to push us to 45 wins give or take.

I want the 4th seed next year, but with ORL probably still dominant I'll take the 5th.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #39
Legend of Josh
Banned

4th seed?! You guys are aiming too high.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #40
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Aiming too high? Atlanta is locked into the 4th spot right now with 45 wins, and Miami is at the 5th spot with 41 wins. You previously stated you would expect 38-42 wins next year. We might get to 38 wins this year alone even while starting out 7-16, so of course im going to aim higher than that.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #41
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Aiming too high? Atlanta is locked into the 4th spot right now with 45 wins, and Miami is at the 5th spot with 41 wins. You previously stated you would expect 38-42 wins next year. We might get to 38 wins this year alone even while starting out 7-16, so of course im going to aim higher than that.

Next season the East will be better... and I foresee no team finishing below .500 and still making the playoffs. The bottom teams in the East will be around that 38-42 win mark (hopefully and likely including Charlotte).

I expect we'll be around the 5th seed at best, 8th at worst.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #42
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Next season the East will be better... and I foresee no team finishing below .500 and still making the playoffs. The bottom teams in the East will be around that 38-42 win mark (hopefully and likely including Charlotte).

I expect we'll be around the 5th seed at best, 8th at worst.

Why so quick to assume the East will be better? The salary cap/luxury tax limit is going down, squeezing teams that are already cash strapped.

*Milwaukee looks to possibly lose CV, Sessions AND their No. 1 pick, because signing just one puts them over the projected new tax limit.

*Chicago's owner refuses to go over the tax...which means they'll most likely lose Ben Gordon (mainly because Deng's contract is untradable).

*Washington is rumored to be selling their pick...again because of how close they are to the limit.

*NY? D'Antoni is saying only 3 players are safe to come back next year. Regardless, they aren't signing anyone because 2010 is their target.

*Toronto's Bosh might very well be traded to keep from losing him outright in FA.

There's only going to be a couple of "buyers", teams in a situation to help those cash strapped teams out...so most are going to end up losing contributors.

There's no reason to think the East will make a general improvement next year, whereas we will be able to take a team that has been over .500 since the trade, give them a summer to gel and then be able to attack the new season from game 1.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #43
catsandheels
I brick open layups

theres no way that ai will ever go to cats first off bobcats wouldnt be able to offer him the kind of contract he would want unless we dont resign felton which would just make us worse and second it would mess up the chemistry of the team he is to big of a superstar to fit in well with the cats. I may be wrong but im just puttin my two cents in.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #44
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

The guys on talk radio are saying that AI was spotted in Charlotte this past weekend.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #45
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
The guys on talk radio are saying that AI was spotted in Charlotte this past weekend.

He's still under contract with Detroit right? If so it had nothing to do with him landing in Charlotte as any discussion about that would be a direct violation of NBA rules.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: