Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #46
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AI - Future Bobcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
He's still under contract with Detroit right? If so it had nothing to do with him landing in Charlotte as any discussion about that would be a direct violation of NBA rules.

Doesn't stop him from looking around, checking out properties, etc.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #47
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

AI is better than Felton. Felton is not the long term answer at PG or SG or else they wouldn't have drafted Augustin.

Do a sign & trade Iverson for Felton. Felton's qualifying offer is around the MLE (5.5), he'll probably get about $6M, while that would be a perfect figure for what Iverson is worth in his declining state... around $6M for 3 years.

I really only can see Iverson going to Charlotte or back to Philly next season.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #48
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What about keeping Rayomond and starting A.I. at the 2 with Raja coming off the bench?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #49
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I can't believe you would even consider that.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #50
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I can't believe you would even consider that.

Think about it. A.I. is at the end of his career. He knows he only has about 1 season left in him as a starter. At this point it's not about the money, it's about his legacy as a player. He's not happy in Detroit because he's not starting. He has stated more than once that Larry Brown is the one coach he respects above all others. He can come here and start at the 2 and give us 20+ a night with Raja coming off the bench. What A.I. gives up defensively will be more than made up by that 20 points. And Raja is better than any 2nd string 2 guard out there. Plus we will have the go to guy we lacked since the Jrich trade.

Add to this the intangibles: he is living testimony to our young players to the fact that if you listen to coach and do what he says, good things will happen.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 04-24-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #51
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
AI is better than Felton. Felton is not the long term answer at PG or SG or else they wouldn't have drafted Augustin.

Do a sign & trade Iverson for Felton. Felton's qualifying offer is around the MLE (5.5), he'll probably get about $6M, while that would be a perfect figure for what Iverson is worth in his declining state... around $6M for 3 years.

I really only can see Iverson going to Charlotte or back to Philly next season.

We had ONE PG on the roster. Just because we drafted DJ does not mean Felton has to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Think about it. A.I. is at the end of his career. He knows he only has about 1 season left in him as a starter.

Exactly. He might be better than Felton, but Felton has more than a year or two left. If we were just one player away from contending then I could see it, but no way would I give up my short term future for just the next season.

Besides, Felton is a RFA and will most likely be BYC...so trading him at all would be very difficult.

As I've stated before, it'll be very difficult for us to even use the MLE on a player this year without getting rid of some salary as it'd put us right at the luxury tax limit...which I do NOT see Johnson readily agreeing to.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #52
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yes, AI is better than Felton. But here is the problem: Allen Iverson has always been a player with a BIG ego. If you think for a second that it won't be about the money and it won't be about himself, you're totally on the wrong page.

He's not going to sign here unless we give him something tasty. He's not going to accept a role here as long as there is competition (ie Felton and Bell). He's going to want to be the starting PG or SG. He's going to want 30 minutes per game and 20 shots per game. He is going to completely disrupt the chemistry.

Regardless of how much he respects LB, he's only going to cause problems.

But hey, if he does come here, maybe he'll prove me wrong.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #53
Moose

Here's a new article about AI and the Bobcats --> http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009....ap/index.html
Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #54
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Here's a new article about AI and the Bobcats --> http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009....ap/index.html

Quoted from the article:

Quote:
Brown would have no trouble coaching Iverson again

Posted Jun 5 2009 3:40PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Allen Iverson needs a team and Larry Brown needs a scorer.

Didn't we have our scorer in JRich? That combo for whatever reason just didn't pan out. I think adding Iverson to the mix would derail our current groove (I guess you could say?). I'd say we'd be better off maybe acquiring an addition that would be much less likely to be a distraction.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #55
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

We'd also have to get rid of either Felton, Augustin or Bell. I know, I know, Bell could come off the bench, but that would be retarded.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #56
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
We'd also have to get rid of either Felton, Augustin or Bell. I know, I know, Bell could come off the bench, but that would be retarded.

Well, it would increase the strength of our bench and that can't hurt but at the same time I'm not sure that any of us want the Cats to be all about AI, either................
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: