Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-04-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
B-Real
I airball my layups

Default ...and how about my team

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Paul Pierce
G - Loul Deng
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Amare Stoudemire
F - David West
C - Marcus Camby
C - Channig Frye
Ut - Danny Granger
Ut - Jamaal Crawford
BN - Mo Williams
BN - Antonio McDyess
BN - Marquis Daniels
B-Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

You seem set as far as rebounds and shot-blocking is respectable, however you have a lot of injury risk with Camby and Stoudemire. You'll be competitive in steals and threes but you will consistently lose assists. You point production is pretty good, although that is conditional on whether Amare gets back to near his scoring averages prior to injury

If you are completely resigned to losing assists, you might as well try to trade Jameer Nelson for Jason Terry. You'll get more points and threes that way. And unless he's your cousin, there is no reason Marquis Daniels should be on your roster? There must be someone better on the waiver wire. An Earl Watson ought to help your cause in assists and threes.

EDIT: I know I sound like a broken record because I seem to recommend Earl Watson in every post, but the man averaged 1.8 threes , 5.4 assists and 1.3 steals in a backup role with Seattle last year. And now he's being given the chance to earn the starting spot.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2006 at 04:21 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
B-Real
I airball my layups

i know i got enough swingman but i had marquis last year and everytime he got on a constant streak 25+ min he put up very respectable numbers.

injurys are an very serious case for my team, but on the level of nba i guess every1 can have bad luck in 1 game and the season is done. for example i could imagine dirk will struggle this year, if u keep in mind that he went for 100 games last nba season and was the main-force on the german team @ the world championships.

but anyway thank u for your critic
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

The JoySlobe and I are on the same page with this one as well. Boards, Blocks, Stls and even FG% is looking real good. TO's, 3s and Pts will be closer to call but you are still in good position there as well.

While Marquis Daniels is a decent player, his numbers last year came mainly when J. Howard was injured. And when J. Howard was healthy Daniels seemed to be injured or at least his minutes were cut significantly. Now these rumors of Howard talking about exploring Free Agency could find him on another squad by the break, or earlier - but that is a long shot, and certainly a far reaching reason to keep Marquis on your team.

The fact is, PLEASE drop him. He should be an add/drop guy throughout the season along with Gordon Giricek and the like. Even if he comes out playing 20 min and scoring 12 - 15 a game with 4 boards, 1-2 stls, 2-3 ast, that doesn't help your squad any. So, even though its tempting to fill the final spots with scorers it can cost you relative to the opportunity cost of failing to pick up a boring but effective distributer like Earl Watson (shout out) or someone like Deron Williams if he's available. If Earl starts he should be picked up for sure. And Deron will only get better - he's a true PG. He looked good early but then caught that rookie slide after the break (although he tore it up the last 15 games to finish strong - 14pts.; 6 stls; 1.5 3's). He should have his legs for a whole 2nd season. Fact is, drop Daniels. Oh, and if Breven Knight is available pick him up right now.

I'm all about Mo Williams at the end of a draft if he's there. No earlier, though. A Michael-Redd-esq backup and a fun PG to have on your bench.

Sorry to trash your last pick! Your squad is solid!

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-04-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
B-Real
I airball my layups

So if just my last pick is trash i´m happy to mind that all of the above are not trash, but i´m going to consider it.

By the way i had to pick with the last but one spot, so show credit for that
Old 10-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

You do know that Howard and Daniels don't play on the same team anymore.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
SRZ66
Local High School Star

i'd drop daniels for b. knight, kevin martin, jr smith, frye, rafer. if they are available
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #8
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
You do know that Howard and Daniels don't play on the same team anymore.

Do I? DOOO I???? Actualy no I didn't realize that. And actually he has much more value on the Pacers and is not as bad of a pick now that I think of it. I don't like Stephen Jackson anyway, so I could be a little bias.

thanks!
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
B-Real
I airball my layups

@ Tess Squad

Yeah that the point with point with quis.

Bt i think of trading one of utl/bn-players for one center, cause my frontcourt seems to be a little fragile
Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quis has potential as always. The problem is getting playing time. Hopefully he will in Indiana. But he is already seeing limited practice time due to having a toenail removed. So as is usually the case with Quis, beware lost time due to injury.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 AM   #11
Rey619ATL
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Paul Pierce
G - Loul Deng
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Amare Stoudemire
F - David West
C - Marcus Camby
C - Channig Frye
Ut - Danny Granger
Ut - Jamaal Crawford
BN - Mo Williams
BN - Antonio McDyess
BN - Marquis Daniels

Camby and Stoudamire are almost gambles. I really like the bench of Mo and McDyess. West will be good for 15 pts and 8-10 boards. Frye should be ok this year but the PT in NY is so random. same with Crawford. So I think you should try and deal him.
Rey619ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: