Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 04-03-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default Ok, Memphis is out of the picture; just Sac and Wash now..

Memphis is now at 21 wins and 54 losses while we are comfortably behind them at 18 wins and 57 losses. So they are more or less officially dropped out of the race.

Sacramento came THISSSS close to beating New Orleans the other night, lost on a buzzer beater. Then they lost by two in overtime to the Warriors last night. Very cunning of them. They know what they're doing. Realistically, I don't think we can catch them.

Washington, on the other hand, has just returned Agent Zero to the lineup and beat the Cavs tonite to climb even with us in the wins column. Thats the good news. The bad news is, they've played two more games than us. So that means we have two extra opportunities to win before the end of the season than they do. Now, we're pretty good at losing, so I'm fairly confident that's no big deal. Altho the Minnesota date worries me. But Washington has Miami, Cleveland, Toronto twice, and Boston left. They'll probably win two of those. We have Denver, Lakers, Minny, Sactown, Portland, Utah, and OKC. Sactown owns us so I'm not real worried bout that one, but there is a very real threat of beating both Minny and OKC.

This is gonna be an extremely close finish in the race for second (to last) place. Luckily on our side is the fact that Washington did beat us head-to-head this year, which I believe does matter as a lottery tie breaker.

In our hour of need, I am praying to the basketball gods that we can hold onto our losing ways for just two more weeks.

*Just as a point of note, looking at Sacramento's schedule, they have PHX, GS, LAL, HOU, LAC, SA, DEN, and MIN left. With a two game lead, catching them is a longshot, but I'm not convinced we can't pull it off. Basically we need them to overachieve and get 3 wins out of that schedule (we can provide one of them) and we need to finish up strong (poor) with just 1 win or less. We do hold the head-to-head tiebreaker with them. This is actually kind of exciting.

Last edited by starface : 04-03-2009 at 01:00 AM.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ok, Memphis is out of the picture; just Sac and Wash now..

What a sad thread.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never thought I'd see a fan post a thread about hoping and praying for more losses. A sad thread indeed
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
lil_miketaylor
I hit open layups

lil_miketaylor has decent reputation

I still dont know who we should draft? Noone really fills any needs. We should get a high pick and package it with Kaman and get a younger big + expirer + lower first rounder in return
lil_miketaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miketaylor
I still dont know who we should draft? Noone really fills any needs. We should get a high pick and package it with Kaman and get a younger big + expirer + lower first rounder in return

Sounds like a great plan, we'd just need to find someone who will bite on it.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miketaylor

lil mike!!!! yeeeeaaaaaaa
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

way the clippers season has gone, they'll get the most ping pong balls and up with the 15th pick

i know there's only 14 lottery teams...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 AM   #8
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation

package Dunleavy and the first round pick for cash consideration? Probably be the best move the Clips could make
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: