Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool
Default Bargnani next season...

What do you think his stats will be?

19.6 PPG
7.2 RPG
1.5 BPG
48% FG
41 % 3FG

Pretty good considering what he was last year.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bargnani next season...

I'd be happy with those numbers. Especially the rebounding numbers.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

he'll average 20 and 6 with 1 block a game.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

25.3 Ppg
6.8 Rpg
1.8 Blk
48% Fg
46% 3fg
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
25.3 Ppg
6.8 Rpg
1.8 Blk
48% Fg
46% 3fg

Tell you the truth, I can see that happening if Bosh ain't a raptor next season
Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

If it's the only thing, the rebounding has to improve.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
What do you think his stats will be?

19.6 PPG
7.2 RPG
1.5 BPG
48% FG
41 % 3FG

Pretty good considering what he was last year.

mes thinks

18.9 PPG
6.8 RPG
2.1 APG
1.4 BPG
47% FG
39 % 3FG

in 33.5 MPG
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Tell you the truth, I can see that happening if Bosh ain't a raptor next season

I'm not sure I can see those numbers happen even without Bosh on the team, but I can guarrantee you they don't happen with him on the team. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just that you need to be the number one offensive option for the majority of the game to put up numbers like that and Bosh will be that option if he's still here (and honestly as much as I dog the guy he HAS earned it).

That said I'm thinking he'll put up 20/7 with 1.5 bpg which would be phenomenal and I'd say finally justify BC taking him 1st overall, because who honestly could have predicted that Roy would be the beast that he is?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In terms of numbers, I could see something like 18/6/1.5

But, in watching tonights game, i'm thinking that depth is quite an underrated problem. Not that I like the Bosh/Bargnani combo all that much, but our starting 5 (with a scorer/creator of course) is not THAT bad. I would like to see a bench coming in that can actually be competitive because a lineup of:

Ukic
Kapono
Graham
Pops
Voskuhl/Bargs/Bosh

should NEVER be on the floor at the same time.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
25.3 Ppg
6.8 Rpg
1.8 Blk
48% Fg
46% 3fg
You're predicting that Andrea is gonna be a top 5 scorer in the league next season? You never cease to amaze me.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
In terms of numbers, I could see something like 18/6/1.5

But, in watching tonights game, i'm thinking that depth is quite an underrated problem. Not that I like the Bosh/Bargnani combo all that much, but our starting 5 (with a scorer/creator of course) is not THAT bad. I would like to see a bench coming in that can actually be competitive because a lineup of:

Ukic
Kapono
Graham
Pops
Voskuhl/Bargs/Bosh

should NEVER be on the floor at the same time.

I like what you're saying here a lot, if I'm understanding it correctly...

Keeping a (mostly) status quo starting five (with the addition of maybe a two-guard who can score and create better than our current options) might be the only major move we need to make (to the starting 5) before adding depth to the team.

In other words, keep Bosh and Bargnani together... get a good wing creator and add to our bench talent.. is this what you're saying?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I like what you're saying here a lot, if I'm understanding it correctly...

Keeping a (mostly) status quo starting five (with the addition of maybe a two-guard who can score and create better than our current options) might be the only major move we need to make (to the starting 5) before adding depth to the team.

In other words, keep Bosh and Bargnani together... get a good wing creator and add to our bench talent.. is this what you're saying?
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I know these past few games have not been worth much of anything, but I think that when Bosh/Bargs/Calderon have played together and been healthy they've given the opposition nightmares (in spurts). Add Marion to the mix (at a lower price tag) and a scorer/creator at the 2, and our starting 5 is actually pretty solid IMO. Then we need to work on our depth. Basically, I guess i'm just not sold that we are a team in complete rebuilding mode. We hae some very nice pieces if the right moves are made in the offseason.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #13
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

I actually like what I saw from Quincy today. Is he known for his defense? He was doing a pretty good job for the minutes he had.

Quincy > Roko
Old 04-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I actually like what I saw from Quincy today. Is he known for his defense? He was doing a pretty good job for the minutes he had.

Quincy > Roko
I honestly don't know why people have been so high on Ukic. I'd never want to see my team run by him as a starter and i'd even be iffy about him getting a consistent 15-20mpg reserve role. I think we need an upgrade.

edit: I think for that position we should be looking at the following who are FA's this summer and may sign cheap.

Flip Murray
Anthony Carter
Marcus Williams
Tyronn Lue
Bobby Jackson

However If I had to make a priority list i'd probably say, in this order.

1. New Coach (if possible)
2. Scoring wing for the starting lineup.
3. Depth and bangers for the bench.
4. Better backup pg.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-04-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
25.3 Ppg
6.8 Rpg
1.8 Blk
48% Fg
46% 3fg
I'm probably the biggest Beastnani fan here, but even I know that those are unrealistic numbers. Averaging 25 points for an entire season is difficult, which is why despite there being many guys who can go off for big scoring games, so few can maintain that as an average, and those guys are usually franchise guys where it is clearly understood that it's their team. Also, to this point Bargs has been one of the NBA's best kept secrets. Next year teams are gonna put more emphasis on him, more focus, and he's going to have to learn to become a better passer. He's a solid scorer and obviously the best pure scorer on our team, but I see the focus being more on him becoming a well rounded NBA Center and I look forward to watching every minute of it.

That said I see him performing at about:

19ppg
7.1rpg
1.6bpg
1.5apg

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 04-04-2009 at 04:34 PM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: