Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #16
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bargnani next season...

Those seem like legit numbers lilbeastnani, though he'll have to prove us all wrong in the rebounding department. He has the ability, just needs to put forth a more consistent effort in boxing out and hitting the glass.

I like what you're saying too bokes. Keep the main core of the team together, improve on the wing position and the bench if possible. I like the list of guys you put together, we don't have veterans on this team, we need some guys who can bring stability, even if they are past their prime, guys like Anthony Carter and Bobby Jackson would be great backups for Jose, and then hopefully bring in Rasho and maybe even Delfino, and I like this team a whole lot more than I do this year.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I'm probably the biggest Beastnani fan here, but even I know that those are unrealistic numbers. Averaging 25 points for an entire season is difficult, which is why despite there being many guys who can go off for big scoring games, so few can maintain that as an average, and those guys are usually franchise guys where it is clearly understood that it's their team. Also, to this point Bargs has been one of the NBA's best kept secrets. Next year teams are gonna put more emphasis on him, more focus, and he's going to have to learn to become a better passer. He's a solid scorer and obviously the best pure scorer on our team, but I see the focus being more on him becoming a well rounded NBA Center and I look forward to watching every minute of it.

That said I see him performing at about:

19ppg
7.1rpg
1.6bpg
1.5apg

If Bosh stays on the Raps things will keep opening up of Barganni. If we add a Slashing/Scoring 2-3 things would also open up for him too. Barganni should put up solid numbers next year. Another thing is Triano has helped his development a lot and he looks like he feels comfortable under him so I think we should keep Triano maybe not as head coach but somewhere in the organization.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
If Bosh stays on the Raps things will keep opening up of Barganni. If we add a Slashing/Scoring 2-3 things would also open up for him too. Barganni should put up solid numbers next year. Another thing is Triano has helped his development a lot and he looks like he feels comfortable under him so I think we should keep Triano maybe not as head coach but somewhere in the organization.
Adding a slashing/scoring 2-3 actually wouldn't open things up for him in terms of tacking on an extra 10 points on his scoring average. It may give him some more open shots and make his shots easier, but if that scoring wing demands the ball (unlike catch and shoot guys like Parker), it means overall less shots for him and Bosh, but probably a team improvement, just like we've seen out of a team like Boston.

edit: although I agree that Bargnani individually will probably have more plays called for him before + having the benefit of playing the C position all year as a starter.

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 04-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #19
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I'm probably the biggest Beastnani fan here, but even I know that those are unrealistic numbers. Averaging 25 points for an entire season is difficult, which is why despite there being many guys who can go off for big scoring games, so few can maintain that as an average, and those guys are usually franchise guys where it is clearly understood that it's their team. Also, to this point Bargs has been one of the NBA's best kept secrets. Next year teams are gonna put more emphasis on him, more focus, and he's going to have to learn to become a better passer. He's a solid scorer and obviously the best pure scorer on our team, but I see the focus being more on him becoming a well rounded NBA Center and I look forward to watching every minute of it.

That said I see him performing at about:

19ppg
7.1rpg
1.6bpg
1.5apg

Then remind me of this post next year at this time.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #20
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
If it's the only thing, the rebounding has to improve.

Even though he's not grabbing the boards, the thing I'm impressed with is how Bargs is occupying his man on box outs on the D-end... and that's something that isn't counted on the score sheet. While he's not grabbing the boards, the guy he's guarding generally isn't either.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 AM   #21
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Even though he's not grabbing the boards, the thing I'm impressed with is how Bargs is occupying his man on box outs on the D-end... and that's something that isn't counted on the score sheet. While he's not grabbing the boards, the guy he's guarding generally isn't either.
You said it. He's been the most consistant Raptor all year in terms of keeping his man off the boards. The guy that boxes out doesn't necessarily get the board but leaves the area wide open for his teamates to do so. His numbers don't allways go up, but the team rebounding numbers do.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #22
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

18-21 ppg range and if he doesn't gain strength or some hops he would still remain in the rebound category.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I wonder if that's helping up Bosh some. Lately Bosh's rebounding numbers have been going up and right now he's all the way back up at 9.8 for the season.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I wonder if that's helping up Bosh some. Lately Bosh's rebounding numbers have been going up and right now he's all the way back up at 9.8 for the season.

And the Lord sayeth, let him see the light.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #25
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I just hope another summer with Italy won't screw him up again like last year. Not familiar with the Euro format but hopefully Italy gets knocked out early or something so Bargnani can have a less fatiguing summer. Just work out, work on post skills and avoid the fatigue/travel of the international team.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I just hope another summer with Italy won't screw him up again like last year. Not familiar with the Euro format but hopefully Italy gets knocked out early or something so Bargnani can have a less fatiguing summer. Just work out, work on post skills and avoid the fatigue/travel of the international team.

That is probably the thing that worries me the most going into next year, that Bargnani is going to exhibit the fatigue that Bosh has this year by overdoing it in the summer. The last thing we need is for Bosh to be refreshed only to have Bargnani fatigued. Fingers crossed.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
And the Lord sayeth, let him see the light.
Please stop responding to me. I don't associate with groupies.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #28
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

I used to be a big proponent of trading him, but he's kinda grown on me the past month or so. He still gets a lot of flak from people but he's really improved from last year. I like how he's starting to put the ball on the floor after a pump fake rather than just take a step back jumper as he so often would do. He had a couple plays like that in the Orlando game where he aggressively attacked the rim and got to the line. I've accepted the fact that he probably won't ever be a great rebounder, but with Bosh and Marion in the front court with him, it might not be so big an issue.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #29
bokes15
Playoffs!

Like I said earlier, i'm not a huge proponent of Bosh/Bargnani as a combo, but as a tandem they give the opposing defense a lot of trouble. It's really key however to get a scoring, creating, wing. Truthfully I wouldn't have minded going after J-Rich and offering maybe Anthony Parker, Humphries, Kapono.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #30
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Like I said earlier, i'm not a huge proponent of Bosh/Bargnani as a combo, but as a tandem they give the opposing defense a lot of trouble. It's really key however to get a scoring, creating, wing. Truthfully I wouldn't have minded going after J-Rich and offering maybe Anthony Parker, Humphries, Kapono.

Why would anyone take those players for J-Rich? He's a career 19ppg player who brings lots of fans to the arena. Parker is old, Humphries is a decent role player and Kapono is one dimensional with a huge contract and sucks at everything other than shooting.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: