Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bargnani next season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Why would anyone take those players for J-Rich? He's a career 19ppg player who brings lots of fans to the arena. Parker is old, Humphries is a decent role player and Kapono is one dimensional with a huge contract and sucks at everything other than shooting.
Maybe they'd have done it if we tossed in a 2nd rounder and cash. Because I mean, they got Bell (32) and Diaw (27) for him.. And while they've been pretty solid, they aren't exactly all-stars themselves and they have big contracts. Bell $5mill/2 years remaining, Diaw 3 years $9mill/year remaining. So clearly they didn't get the better of the deal and were just looking to get rid of him.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #32
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Maybe they'd have done it if we tossed in a 2nd rounder and cash. Because I mean, they got Bell (32) and Diaw (27) for him.. And while they've been pretty solid, they aren't exactly all-stars themselves and they have big contracts. Bell $5mill/2 years remaining, Diaw 3 years $9mill/year remaining. So clearly they didn't get the better of the deal and were just looking to get rid of him.

The only thing is that Diaw and Bell are considerably more defensive-minded than the three we'd be offering and it appears as though Larry Brown had a special interest in them and loves them now that they're on his team. I'd sure loved to have gotten J-Rich though. I've been a big fan of his for most of his career. I'd say the best borderline allstar guard in the league for a good long time (though probably not anymore).
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well yeah, thats true. Considering the size and number of years on Bell and Diaw's contracts, they definitely weren't cheap nor were they intended to be rental players. So both were players that Brown had a specific interest in having on his team, which probably couldn't be said for Parker, Kapono, Humphries. However, I think that a draft pick potentially could've sweetened the pot. Just an afterthought though since I know we're not gonna get him anymore.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #34
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Well yeah, thats true. Considering the size and number of years on Bell and Diaw's contracts, they definitely weren't cheap nor were they intended to be rental players. So both were players that Brown had a specific interest in having on his team, which probably couldn't be said for Parker, Kapono, Humphries. However, I think that a draft pick potentially could've sweetened the pot. Just an afterthought though since I know we're not gonna get him anymore.

Yeah.. we definitely could have used a player like him at our SG position. A good scorer and athletic enough to play decent defense, rebound and make hustle plays. I think we should direct our attention to a Richard Jefferson type player. He brings everything we need. A veteran presence, scoring, rebounding and defense. He's still young enough at 29 to have another 4-5 years of solid numbers (18 & 5). Or at least someone who fits that criteria. He is 6'7" but he has played SG for NJN sometimes.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #35
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

I wish the Raptors could somehow get Jefferson, he is exactly the kind of player this team needs. If Villaneuva wasn't there I would provide a trade proposal of Calerdon + Bargnani + 1st round pick for Redd + Sessions + Jefferson (don't know the numbers, so don't scrutinize).
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
What do you think his stats will be?

19.6 PPG
7.2 RPG
1.5 BPG
48% FG
41 % 3FG

Pretty good considering what he was last year.

That seems like a pretty good prediction. Everything has room to improve which is the cool thing when analyzing Andrea, his potential is limitless. He's a 7'0", 250 pound center with an unbelievable shooting touch for someone that size. His PPG could improve if his confidence continues to soar. The amount of blocks this guy racks up has really impressed me this season and I think 1.5 p/game is pretty decent for him. His rebounding numbers is something I really hoped would have improved more considering his size but I guess thats what happens when you play far from the basket. Hopefully he works on his post game some more and gets some more offensive rebs. Hopefully he continues to build on this solid campaign and turn into a very potent and consistent scorer for us.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I wish the Raptors could somehow get Jefferson, he is exactly the kind of player this team needs. If Villaneuva wasn't there I would provide a trade proposal of Calerdon + Bargnani + 1st round pick for Redd + Sessions + Jefferson (don't know the numbers, so don't scrutinize).

How would that make us better? We would just be the like the Bucks this year
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #38
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
How would that make us better? We would just be the like the Bucks this year

Not neccessarily, Redds been injured most of the year so we didn't get a real feel of the bucks this season.

Sessions-Redd-Jefferson-Bosh-_____

Just the 5 spot would need to get improved...possibly sign nesterovic and another back up.....delfino can come back to be the backup swing...

I like it:)
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #39
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
Not neccessarily, Redds been injured most of the year so we didn't get a real feel of the bucks this season.

Sessions-Redd-Jefferson-Bosh-_____

Just the 5 spot would need to get improved...possibly sign nesterovic and another back up.....delfino can come back to be the backup swing...

I like it:)

that team would be worst than the one we have this season

Calderon > Sessions
Parker < Redd
Marion = Jefferson
Bosh = Bosh
Bargs > Nesterovic

so basically we downgrade at PG and C to get an upgrade at SG, not a great move IMO.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #40
DJMason
High School JV MVP

I would absolutely LOVE to get Richard Jefferson, but I don't think we can trade Bargnani or Calderon until we see what we get from them next year with Calderon healthy and Bargnani starting from the get-go. If Colangelo could work some magic and convince the Bucks that a combination of the rest of our garbage is worth Jefferson though I'd be extatic. Despite how he's done for us so far Colangelo is touted as being some sort of wiz GM so get it done!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #41
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

A healthy Calderon is a borderline top 10 Pg in the league.
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
bokes15
Playoffs!

I'm not a big fan of RJ. He'd definitely be an upgrade, but for all the talk of not wanting Bosh to be overpaid, we're forgetting that RJ is just midway through a 6 year 78 million dollar contract. That is one rich man, and not nearly worth what he'd be bringing in. I'd rather go after Lamar Odom.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #43
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

If Bargs was to execute the same off-season regiment he did last year, hitting up a nice big-man camp I'd be extremeley excited for seeing him play next year. The fact he's not and is gonna be dancing around wearing himself out over in Europe again worries me ALOT...So much that I would consider trading him this off-season.

The dude's stock is as high as it's been since he entered the league, and I'm willign to bet we can get pretty close to equal value. With him going to Europe this year I really can't see him doing anything but taking a step backward next year, and seeing how important next year is gonna be for us I think we'd be better off cutting lose now. Let Rasho, Pops and some other scrub (Jawai?) man the five next year, and trade bargs and whatever the heck else for a top-notch 2 guard...

Last edited by Too_Cool : 04-06-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #44
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of RJ. He'd definitely be an upgrade, but for all the talk of not wanting Bosh to be overpaid, we're forgetting that RJ is just midway through a 6 year 78 million dollar contract. That is one rich man, and not nearly worth what he'd be bringing in. I'd rather go after Lamar Odom.

Ya, I knew his number was big but I forgot how big. That said, If a couple of bad contracts went their way in the deal and we kept our core together I'd still probably do it. As for Odom, he'd be the number one guy I'd try to get this offseason, although I'm not sure he'd want to come here after playing for the Lakers and I'm pretty sure the Lakers are going to want to hang on to him with how key he's been in the wake of Binum's injury. If I'm the Lakers I'm not exactly planning on having Binum around for a full season next year if the past 2 years are any indication.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #45
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:

Odom's a great all around player. It just scares me how he takes nights off. He doesn't have a lot of passion for the game it seems and those are the types of players we need to avoid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: