Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: AI

for the people saying iverson has to come off the bench...i dont think this is true...i think phil should let iverson and fish battle it out for the starting spot...who knows? iverson might thrive in the triangle while playing with kobe bryant...i wonder what the chances are shaq gets bought out in the off-season...lakers should splurge and go after shaq and ai...while resigning odom...prolly impossible, but i can dream. fck can u imagine that bench? shaq, ai, odom, omg omg.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
for the people saying iverson has to come off the bench...i dont think this is true...i think phil should let iverson and fish battle it out for the starting spot...who knows? iverson might thrive in the triangle while playing with kobe bryant...i wonder what the chances are shaq gets bought out in the off-season...lakers should splurge and go after shaq and ai...while resigning odom...prolly impossible, but i can dream. fck can u imagine that bench? shaq, ai, odom, omg omg.
Ok this is really like the second coming of Malone and Payton

Imagine this line-up on the floor at some point in the game:

AI
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
Bynum
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: A.i.

every star player can contribute to a contending team in some way and some people say they rather have fisher but cmon ur going overboard with that imagine iverson and kobe in the backcourt my god
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It depends what role Iverson is given. Don't get me wrong Im not trying to be an iverson groupie here but I am just speaking from a player point of view...he will definitely say the right things about trying to blend in and what not even after he just finished saying that he will retire if he has to come off the bench again.

The reason detroit is screwed is because they traded Billups, a play maker, for iverson, a play breaker.

However with limited minutes and a limited role, he might be useful.

If lamar Odom can accept a bench role, Iverson can too, he just needs to embrace it for a second.

Would he fit well with the lakers shadybab? No idea, Im going to say no with this current system and coach.
That would be an amazing bench

Iverson
Sasha
Ariza [assuming luke goes back to the starting spot like before
Lamar
(pau or bynum whoever stays on with the 2nd unit

that right their is at minimum an 7-8th seed
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have no interest in AI on the lakers team... but gts knew that already!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #21
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
i have no interest in AI on the lakers team... but gts knew that already!

What he said without the Gts bit
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #23
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

No.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
What he said without the Gts bit

LOL...!!

now, a player i would still love to get is billups... too bad there is no way to get him... i just think he's the perfect fit for the triangle.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #25
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

I say yes if AI wants to do it. His way of breaking down defenses would be perfect for our big men. I also think he's cold blooded late in games; he wouldn't mind the pressure of taking the big shot late if it is needed.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its really going to come down to how we play int he playoffs. A big influence will be if both Farmar and Sasha have subpar playoffs. Its a pretty agreed consensus that we are all getting abit frustrated with Sasha and Farmar. If those guys cant hit shots off the bench, then it's certainly not out of the question to consider the guy.

Whether or not Lamar stays will also have a major influence on who and what we will use or MLE on. The departure of LO may influence signing the scoring combo guard.

While I'm not a big advocate of acquiring AI, I would like some stability from our guards off the bench. Im not sold Farmar will be our pg of the future, so I wouldnt mind us taking calls on him. If AI is willing to come off the bench and we struggle in the playoffs, I am down to consider it at least
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #27
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Iverson is a frre agent this summer...

Lakers have nothing to offer other than the MLE. should the Lakes make that offer? he has alot to offer and since the triangle doesn't rely on the traditional PG he fits into the lakers scheme of things.

pros

*lessens the burden on kobe to be the perimeter threat to break down defenses off the dibble (kobe really is the only gaurd the lakers have capable of doing that at this time)

*gives the lakers another seasoned vet at the small gaurd position

*decent defender would easily be the lakers 3rd best defender in the back court after kobe and fish possibly the second depending on how you rate fish

*top level ball handler, good shooter

*makes farmar expendable to some extent, good trade bait

*not afraid of the big moment

*mentally tough, there's a lot of fight in that dog

cons

* carries some baggage, i'm not convinced it's all of his own making, but none the less there is history there

*33 years old, but his game doesn't seem to be as effected as some 33 year olds

thoughts?

for some reason.. this sounds fishy..

I dont see GTS as an Iverson liker(More his Iverson ball playing style) that much.. Especially on the lakers, But if the guy says he thinks its a good idea, then thats what the guy thinks.

I knew right off the bat. Socal mike would be against this. Before I read any post or w.e., I knew he wouldnt like that idea.

I think Iverson has some juice left, but Do I want him on the lakers?? I dont know, i dont think it'll be that good of a fit(Coming from a guy who WAS iversons # 1 fan. Guy used to be my fav player) with THIS current laker squad. I think Iverson is at best on a team that NEEDS him to score 30. A team that has another star that can drop atleast 20.. A team like the lakers would be TOOOO STACKED.. Not getting enough shots was already a problem when we had drew, but you add a guy like AI...

ADD Ariza, and Farmar who want more shots, Sasha and fish..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #28
SoCalMike

my personal guess is that gts was just generating conversation to force us to think about being a general manager and how particular talent would fit into a team. there is a lot to consider in acquiring talent that must be factored in, including need, skills, does player fit in system, personality, character, team chemistry, and of course, the beloved collective bargaining agreement. (i may have left some off)

all too often, people do not consider these factors when suggesting trades or player acquisitions.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #29
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I knew right off the bat. Socal mike would be against this. Before I read any post or w.e., I knew he wouldnt like that idea.

haha, yeah, i am becoming predictable! LOL but yeah, you are right of course. and, for me, is more about his personality, character, chemistry and fit within the triangle system that make me not want him as a laker.

that is not to suggest that he is not a great individual player and a warrior, because he is. its just to me, he does not have the championship mettle it takes and that is what the lakers need. i just don't think he could ever put the team before himself.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

actually i'm still on the fence..my first reaction would to say "no" but there is something intriging about the idea...
like i said in my OP i think some of the baggage iverson carries is not of his own making i think it's media generated.. yes he did make some mistakes when he was younger... so have other players, some who are on the lakers.

but still i sit on the fence on this subject...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: