Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

well with sasha vujacic at 220 looks like we officially dont have a nash defender.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #17
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
well with sasha vujacic at 220 looks like we officially dont have a nash defender.

Are you high? What do think Shammond Willams, Mo Evans and Jordan Farmar are, chopped liver? Smush is even a better choice on Nash than Sasha despite the last 3 games of the playoffs. Do you remember a guy called Kobe Bryant that happens to play on our team? He was 1st team all defense you know, we didn't have the offensive firepower last year to let Kobe work on Nash, but this year I think we'll see Kobe having more games where he's a designated stopper since he should have fresher legs not having to carry the offense so much. Evans can guard players from the 1-3, and Williams is quick as heck and brought on board to play opposite guys like Nash, Chris Paul etc. so we're in pretty good shape as far as backcourt defense goes, we're much weaker defending the 3 and the 4 spots, that's what I'm worried about.

Sasha couldn't defend a parking space let alone Nash, if you were counting on him to stop the supposed MVP I want some of what you're smoking.

Trade Sasha for a draft pick so we can free up some roster space. He's worthless.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 10-05-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #18
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Default Sasha

that's pretty rough there Kobe4MVP! I think Phil or Kobe might
say different... Sasha hustles on D better than some at least.
Let's see you stick with Nash!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #19
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
I have been looking all morning for the article but I saw as well I think it said Sasha Vujacic was up to 220 Ė 225 that would be +25-30 lb but I canít for the life of me remember were the article was. Smush is another who bulked up there is a pick of him from media day that had him looking all ripped.

(( Dose anyone know how to post a pic when I hit the insert image tool it asks for a URL but what if it is saved to your C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Pictures then how do you attach it? Thanks in advance to who ever has the answer to that))

I can't believe it He gained I got ah see that this is a big surprise to me!!
I'm shocked!! If Cook gained muscle too I'm having a heart-attack!! lol

It will be fun watching Susha pushing people around.
Crazy almost every one on the Laker's has been hitting the GyM. And Bynum even grew an inch he's 7'1 now and bigger. Eveyone is working hard to be a good Defender. Dam this is going to be a fun year.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #20
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
that's pretty rough there Kobe4MVP! I think Phil or Kobe might
say different... Sasha hustles on D better than some at least.
Let's see you stick with Nash!!

Sasha has no defense. What he does do a good job of is being a pest, getting up on his man, sometimes drawing an offensive foul if the guy pushes off hard enough. That style however also leads to a lot of personal fouls which Vujacic can certainly attest to. If they want someone to come in and give a foul every minute or so by being an obnoxious pest, well then Sasha's your guy. Personally I'd rather have a guy who plays actual defense and can stay in front of his man without fouling, and can therefore contribute more to the team.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #21
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

When did we ever have a Nash defender????

Aside from that, Sasha's defense was VERY soft last year. Yes, he liked to pretend like he was pressing hard, but the reality is his footwork was way off and people zoomed right by him. Rarely did he show any defensive prowess. Typical Euro player.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

SoCalMike and Kobe4MVP,

Im not high but Sasha made nash angry and if they eject nash for getting annoyed and frustrated i would be more than happy to lose sasha.

He just pisses guys off and takes them off their game. thats why i like him.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
SoCalMike

Quote:
SoCalMike and Kobe4MVP,

Im not high but Sasha made nash angry and if they eject nash for getting annoyed and frustrated i would be more than happy to lose sasha.

He just pisses guys off and takes them off their game. thats why i like him.

Sorry, but I did not see Nash get upset over Shasha's defense other than the typical out of control hacking that Sasha did on occasion. He did not seem to have any reasonable impact on Nash's ability to run Phoenix's offense.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Sorry, but I did not see Nash get upset over Shasha's defense other than the typical out of control hacking that Sasha did on occasion. He did not seem to have any reasonable impact on Nash's ability to run Phoenix's offense.

well he certainly didnt stop nash. but he took him out f his game...nash got a technical for sasha stickingn so close...and you woud just hope sasha keeps doing it so nash can pick that second one up.

He also knocked down iverson once after iverson gave him a bloody mouth and iverson charged at him and wanted to hurt him so much.

then speedy claxton at the end of a game fouled sasha sooo hard that they gave him a flagrant 2 because the whole game sasha kept getting in his face and playing him close.

thats the "D" im talking about.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #25
SoCalMike

Quote:
well he certainly didnt stop nash. but he took him out f his game...nash got a technical for sasha stickingn so close...and you woud just hope sasha keeps doing it so nash can pick that second one up.

He also knocked down iverson once after iverson gave him a bloody mouth and iverson charged at him and wanted to hurt him so much.

then speedy claxton at the end of a game fouled sasha sooo hard that they gave him a flagrant 2 because the whole game sasha kept getting in his face and playing him close.

Sounds more like a clumsy white guy to me... I want to see some real D with good footwork and quick hands...

Those examples you site are too few and far between most respectfully.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

LOOL

well he did it on purpose so i wouldnt call him clumsy
Old 10-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #27
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:

Ya Sasha he has a-lot of spirit!! And now that he gained 20+ pound he will be fun to watch him push people around.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Ya Sasha he has a-lot of spirit!! And now that he gained 20+ pound he will be fun to watch him push people around.

except he will be much stronger this time...sometimes I get the feeling he was the most made fun of player in the NBA last year.

idk maybe im just being paranoid.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #29
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Default muscle

People say that the Lakers suffered last season because of lack of a consistent outside threat, but clearly the reason they lost to Phoenix last year was lack of muscle.

They have corrected that for this year. Bynum and Brown are beasts. This team is ready to be an elite team again. In fact, they are an elite team again.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Phoenix didnt have enough muscle either.

I mean, u cant have a gaurd playing center (boris diaw). and their biggest man (tim thomas) was playing ***** outside the 3 pt line.

they werent a physical team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: