Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default conley gay mayo

been playing well together...have they finally figured it out?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Re: conley gay mayo

Hopefully. Gay has finally figured it out. He's too talented to be settling for jumpshots all game long. He's been attacking the rim and getting to the line. Rudy has also been crashing the boards and doing other things besides score. If he continues to do this then we can keep playing well and maybe just maybe win some more games.

I think we're on a 3 game win streak.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

yep rudy starting to ball like last year
Old 04-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rudy's averaging 26/8/2 over the last two games and is averaging 21.2 ppg and 6.8 rpg over the last 5 games, which we have gone 4-1 in, including our current 3 game winning streak.

In each of those 4 wins, Rudy has played extremely well averaging 24 ppg and 7.5 rpg, including 2 blocks per game. In the one loss to Portland, Rudy only had 10/4 and didn't get to the free throw line at all.

Just thought I'd throw the stats out there, because it's about damn time Rudy started playing like the player he should be.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
marqui78
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marqui78 has an OK reputation so far

Add to the fact Conley's averging 22.5ppg, 5.5 apg, and 5.5rpg.
marqui78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah they have been playing great as of late. Hopefully they can hit the ground running next season.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
marqui78
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marqui78 has an OK reputation so far

MEMPHIS
The Grizzlies believe there suddenly are some free-agent hoops fans in town in the wake of John Calipari's departure from the University of Memphis to Kentucky. Optimistic as that sounds, given the Tigers' local stature no matter who is coaching them, more than one rival executive we spoke with promptly nominated the Grizz as the team most likely to pursue to Iverson, since they clearly could do with a proven ticket seller if nothing else.

I'm not at all sold, though.

The Answer, with apologies to O.J. Mayo, would become the biggest basketball personality in town with Calipari gone. It's also true that Memphis is projected to have more cap room this offseason, an estimated $20 million, than any other team in the league. So you figure the Grizzlies, given their well-chronicled issues filling seats in the Tigers' shadow, would have to at least weigh the possibility of gambling on A.I.

However

No team in the league is more averse to spending money than the Grizzlies, who have agonized all season about whether they could afford to keep Quinton Ross and his modest $926,678 salary on the roster for all 82 games. So it's a major stretch to envision Grizz owner Michael Heisley sanctioning even a one-year deal at a hypothetical $7 million or $8 million, in spite of the countless empty chairs at FedEx Forum, which I'm looking at as I pound out this story with a Memphis-Dallas game on the TV in my home office.

An Iverson signing in Graceland seems even less likely if you dare to consider any of the on-court implications. Divvying up the shots between Mayo and Rudy Gay already is a huge issue for the Grizz. Does anyone see Iverson as the facilitator/mentor to get those two clicking?

"Most basketball guys wouldn't touch him," one Western Conference executive said, "but he does sell tickets."

You also could question whether that still holds true. My best friend in Memphis said he doubts A.I. would make much of a difference for the Grizz gate-wise. I acknowledge that doesn't exactly qualify as scientific evidence, but I trust this friend's read on things.

Marc Stein says this will solve all our problems.
marqui78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson might sell a few more tickets, but that's about it. He sure as hell won't get us any more wins and he sure as hell won't get the team clicking. If anything, he will drive the team apart. He'll be b!tching for minutes and he'll be complaining when he isn't getting enough shots a game. He won't be getting more than 20 minutes on a team that has Conley, Mayo and I assume a talented guard from the draft, taking up a hell of a lot minutes.

If Heisley wants to sell more tickets, then find a way to win the f*cking games. Fans don't want to watch a team lose every single night, they want to watch a team win. If ticket sales are to improve, then more wins are needed. Iverson is definitly not the answer (that wasn't intended) for us.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 AM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Theirs no need to derail the team already
Old 04-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Iverson might sell a few more tickets, but that's about it. He sure as hell won't get us any more wins and he sure as hell won't get the team clicking. If anything, he will drive the team apart. He'll be b!tching for minutes and he'll be complaining when he isn't getting enough shots a game. He won't be getting more than 20 minutes on a team that has Conley, Mayo and I assume a talented guard from the draft, taking up a hell of a lot minutes.

If Heisley wants to sell more tickets, then find a way to win the f*cking games. Fans don't want to watch a team lose every single night, they want to watch a team win. If ticket sales are to improve, then more wins are needed. Iverson is definitly not the answer (that wasn't intended) for us.
Iverson fits at SG if we move OJ to PG and allow him to play off the ball.

But that would ruin Conley's development having him move from a starting role to the bench.

It would sell more tickets and help Mayo & Gay realizing they have a star that they grew up watching to defer to on the court instead of feeling like they have to take every shot for us to win.

I think we could be a 5th seed in the West next season with a lineup of:
PG-Mayo
SG-Iverson
SF-Gay
PF-Hill
C-Gasol

As long as our bench with Conley,Warrick,Arthur,Darko,and maybe Wayne Ellington develops and contributes next season off the bench we could surprise everyone.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

if the grizzlies picked up iverson i would never watch a game again.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

I agree
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
You never watched anyways.

Why dont you just become lilrudygay.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

I'm really hoping we don't sign Iverson either. Mayo at the point guard spells disaster. He's not a great ball handler to begin with and his passing skills are average. I'd much rather keep Conley at the point. Iverson doesn't make us much better. We don't need another chucker.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #15
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

I bought league pass to watch memphis, and ive been the all the games in LA and got pictures with the whole team...

Obviously you're a moron, sorry for having a favorite player? Your too cool to have a favorite player, and you're making fun of someone on an online basketball forum to build your self-esteem, its okay I understand little guy.

Last edited by brandonislegend : 04-07-2009 at 01:04 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: