Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 AM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: conley gay mayo

Come on guys were all on the same team here. No reason in throwing insults at eachother.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi

I'm really hoping we don't sign Iverson either. Mayo at the point guard spells disaster. He's not a great ball handler to begin with and his passing skills are average. I'd much rather keep Conley at the point. Iverson doesn't make us much better. We don't need another chucker.

I agree that mayo shouldnt run the point, which is the position alot of people wanted him at earlier in the season. But I think his passing skills are above average. I think he has great court vision and can see plays develop. He just tends to be impatient and forces to much. He will get better with age.

We dont need a player who takes impatient ,selfish shots. We smart players on this squad with good tendancies.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #18
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

He's the guy that needs to insult people on a basketball forum to feel good about himself
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #19
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
I bought league pass to watch memphis, and ive been the all the games in LA and got pictures with the whole team...

Obviously you're a moron, sorry for having a favorite player? Your too cool to have a favorite player, and you're making fun of someone on an online basketball forum to build your self-esteem, its okay I understand little guy.
I do have a favorite player, and im not insulting you at all im just stating the obvious.

Its you who can take it as an insult.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I agree that mayo shouldnt run the point, which is the position alot of people wanted him at earlier in the season. But I think his passing skills are above average. I think he has great court vision and can see plays develop. He just tends to be impatient and forces to much. He will get better with age.

We dont need a player who takes impatient ,selfish shots. We smart players on this squad with good tendancies.
Not really going to find guys like that to sign with Memphis.

I think with Mayo he'd be better off the ball at PG,while not handling the ball as much but capable of spotting up from 3 and sometimes slashing to the basket.

We just need a veteran on this team that actually can contribute and some of these young players can defer to on the court instead of feeling like they have to take every shot.

Maybe, just maybe Rudy & OJ can develop into stars, but also be a good role player on the court.

I'm not advocating Iverson but I'd just love for us to make an actual signing in FA.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

It would be great if Mayo could learnt to run around and off of a screens like rip hamilton. I would love to see mayo become a mixture of Dwayne wade and Hamilton.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
It would be great if Mayo could learnt to run around and off of a screens like rip hamilton. I would love to see mayo become a mixture of Dwayne wade and Hamilton.
Keeping the ball in his hands and running the offense through him will only cause him to become another Gilbert Arenas.

He just doesnt have the personality or ego of Arenas, which is a good and bad thing.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #23
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Keeping the ball in his hands and running the offense through him will only cause him to become another Gilbert Arenas.

He just doesnt have the personality or ego of Arenas, which is a good and bad thing.

Asl long as he dosent get the nagging injuries like arenas I wouldnt be mad at that.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #24
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

Putting Mayo at PG though is almost useless with the type of team we have right now because teams just focuse on mayo they hedge the pick and roll and collapse the paint so there is no room for Mayo to drive. The only thing he can do is kick it out, and Conley this month has been hitting those open 3 pt shots he missed in the earlier months that is the main reason Mayo APG has gone up. Mayo passing ability is not as good as Dwyane Wade's, but is better than Kobe Bryant's. If Mayo took over PG i could see him averaging about 6 APG which is a little bit better than Kobe. Me, personally i want another year of Conley Mayo Gay Gasol, Lottery Pick, Veteran and see how we do, if we don't get at least in the 35-45 win range it is time to make changes.

If the front office decides after a year or two of failing to go with Mayo at PG. Then the best way to make it work it to make a team like the Cleveland Cavs and Miami Heat, just surround the team with 3pt shooters so teams will think twice about collasping the paint that they do now.

Quote:

Me too, Mayo is great at the Dwyane Wade part of his game in the open court, defense, attacking the rim ( which he can do, just doesn't get the superstar call so he tends to shy away from that.) Mayo needs to learn to use off the ball screens more efficiently, to wear he can get room for a catch and shoot. Hamilton and Ray Allen have mastered it. Mayo still needs alot of work on that department, because if Mayo doesn't get the ball We have already used up 17 out of the 24 second of the shot clock, then it is just Gay or Conley going one on one, or a rushed shot by Gasol. I would also like to see Mayo try to post up, especially when he runs point for the several minutes in the game.

Quote:

Misssissippi, said that Mayo passing abilities are just average. Jailer said it is above average. Well lilojmayo will have to agree with Jailer on this one. Mayo might be one of the most underrated passers. His 3.2 APG doesn't reflect how well of a passer he is. He is averaging 5 APG in the first 5 games of this month. Mayo feeds alot of open players like Ross they just don't knock down their shot. Mayo also sometimes trys to thread the needle to much on bullet pick and roll passes, while Gasol can handle them, players like Warrick, Haddadi, Darko often can't catch those rocket passes.

I would also would like to see O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay work more together instead of taking turns on the offense end. It seems like whoever the play is ran to the other guy is just standing on the opposite side of the court. Maybe we can try some Mayo and Gay high pick and rolls we haven't done that since the beginning of the year. In the open court however if Mayo has the ball these guy are great Mayo to Gay alley oops, i myself have called that " The Gayo Connection", but they need to work on there halfcourt game.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #25
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Putting Mayo at PG though is almost useless with the type of team we have right now because teams just focuse on mayo they hedge the pick and roll and collapse the paint so there is no room for Mayo to drive. The only thing he can do is kick it out, and Conley this month has been hitting those open 3 pt shots he missed in the earlier months that is the main reason Mayo APG has gone up. Mayo passing ability is not as good as Dwyane Wade's, but is better than Kobe Bryant's. If Mayo took over PG i could see him averaging about 6 APG which is a little bit better than Kobe. Me, personally i want another year of Conley Mayo Gay Gasol, Lottery Pick, Veteran and see how we do, if we don't get at least in the 35-45 win range it is time to make changes.

If the front office decides after a year or two of failing to go with Mayo at PG. Then the best way to make it work it to make a team like the Cleveland Cavs and Miami Heat, just surround the team with 3pt shooters so teams will think twice about collasping the paint that they do now.

Me too, Mayo is great at the Dwyane Wade part of his game in the open court, defense, attacking the rim ( which he can do, just doesn't get the superstar call so he tends to shy away from that.) Mayo needs to learn to use off the ball screens more efficiently, to wear he can get room for a catch and shoot. Hamilton and Ray Allen have mastered it. Mayo still needs alot of work on that department, because if Mayo doesn't get the ball We have already used up 17 out of the 24 second of the shot clock, then it is just Gay or Conley going one on one, or a rushed shot by Gasol. I would also like to see Mayo try to post up, especially when he runs point for the several minutes in the game.

Misssissippi, said that Mayo passing abilities are just average. Jailer said it is above average. Well lilojmayo will have to agree with Jailer on this one. Mayo might be one of the most underrated passers. His 3.2 APG doesn't reflect how well of a passer he is. He is averaging 5 APG in the first 5 games of this month. Mayo feeds alot of open players like Ross they just don't knock down their shot. Mayo also sometimes trys to thread the needle to much on bullet pick and roll passes, while Gasol can handle them, players like Warrick, Haddadi, Darko often can't catch those rocket passes.

I would also would like to see O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay work more together instead of taking turns on the offense end. It seems like whoever the play is ran to the other guy is just standing on the opposite side of the court. Maybe we can try some Mayo and Gay high pick and rolls we haven't done that since the beginning of the year. In the open court however if Mayo has the ball these guy are great Mayo to Gay alley oops, i myself have called that " The Gayo Connection", but they need to work on there halfcourt game.

Mayo is undersized.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #26
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

His passing skills may be above average but he doesn't have great court vision and I'd prefer him staying at the shooting guard. He's a horrible decision maker especially late in close games.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
jailer
MillionDollarException

I think people are selling him short on his guard skills. He is very talented with alot of potential. He just has to get striving to get better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: