Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default My 1st round Top 10 Mock Draft

Just to let you know before anyone judges, the order of the draft lottery is what I believe will be the turnout.

#1: Sacramento - Blake Griffin (Obvious pick)
#2: Clippers - Jordan Hill (They have to many Centers Thabeet isn't really needed since they have Camby)
#3: Wizards - Hasheem Thabeet (Wizards need defense, Haywood isn't a reliable center for them)
#4: Thunder - James Harden (They're not gonna pick, still too early, Harden is a great all around SG if they move Westbrook to PG)
#5: Timberwolves - Brandon Jennings (I have a feeling Wolves are gonna take him and move him to PG instead of Foye)
#6: Grizzlies - Craig Brackins (PF with a jumpshot, Arthur isn't going to be long term for Grizzlies, wont pick Derozan already have Mayo)
#7: Warriors - Demar Derozan (Will be a starting SG for them after Crawford leaves, Ellis will take PG, Can play in the run and gun offense if Nelie is still coach)
#8: Knicks - Al-Farouq Aminu (They'll need his strength and athleticism can move him to PF)
#9: Raptors - Cole Aldrich (They'll definitley want his defense and toughness, Kevin Love with defense )
#10: Pacers - Gerald Henderson (Athletic, fast freak. Pacers need a tough SG, Brandon Rush can become the spark off the bench with his stroke)
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: My 1st round Top 10 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Just to let you know before anyone judges, the order of the draft lottery is what I believe will be the turnout.

#2: Clippers - Jordan Hill (They have to many Centers Thabeet isn't really needed since they have Camby)
#3: Wizards - Hasheem Thabeet (Wizards need defense, Haywood isn't a reliable center for them)
#4: Thunder - James Harden (They're not gonna pick, still too early, Harden is a great all around SG if they move Westbrook to PG)
#5: Timberwolves - Brandon Jennings (I have a feeling Wolves are gonna take him and move him to PG instead of Foye)
#6: Grizzlies - Craig Brackins (PF with a jumpshot, Arthur isn't going to be long term for Grizzlies, wont pick Derozan already have Mayo)
#7: Warriors - Demar Derozan (Will be a starting SG for them after Crawford leaves, Ellis will take PG, Can play in the run and gun offense if Nelie is still coach)
#8: Knicks - Al-Farouq Aminu (They'll need his strength and athleticism can move him to PF)
#9: Raptors - Cole Aldrich (They'll definitley want his defense and toughness, Kevin Love with defense )
#10: Pacers - Gerald Henderson (Athletic, fast freak. Pacers need a tough SG, Brandon Rush can become the spark off the bench with his stroke)

The Wizards wouldn't really want or need Thabeet. Haywood is actually a decent center (18 PER his last healthy season, good defender, reasonable scorer, and an above average shot blocker with a high bball iq), plus they've got Javale McGee waiting in the wings to take over. Their big weakness is shooting guard, although they could theoretically trade down to get Jennings and move Arenas to the 2. Also, even though I think Derozan is tailer-made to run and gun, he's probably not a good enough shooter for Nellie, although they could still take him.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I would probably switch Thabeet and Harden, but other than that it is really good.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

tell me about Demar Derozan can he play defense what are his strengths and weakness
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

I really think he is going to be a very good player in the NBA, but right now he is really hard to explain.

His biggest strength is that he is an ultra-athletic 6-6 player. The rest of his game is pretty much a work in progess.

I am sure you know, being a long athlete in the NBA can go a long way, and this guy has those "unteachable" things top NBA players have. In terms of a skill set he is still a work in progress, especially when it comes to shooting and defense. He shot 17% from 3 this year, and while I don't think he is a terrible defender, that will be one of the first things NBA teams work with him on. He should be able to get a lot of steals early on, but as he adds weight (he isn't skinny, but he needs to put on another 10 or 15 points) he will get so much better at man-to-man defense.

He is basically like so many of the HS players we saw taken 5-10 years ago. He has the athletic ability and the natural talent, but he needs to develop his skill-set and then just put everything together and become a complete player. I think early on he could be like a guard version of Josh Smith (lots of dunks, and some steals to get him out on the break).
Old 04-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk

Well, at least some thought went into this, unlike what some people will post for mocks.

Sacramento picking Blake is obvious. Whoever gets the #1 would have to be crazy not to pick Mr. Griffin and keep him, even if they already have a decent frontcourt. Unless a really good trade down opportunity arises of course.

Not sure about Clippers picking Hill, they may have bad memories of Chris Wilcox, Drew Gooden. College bigs who appeared to have all the tools to be star frontcourt players in the NBA but were never smart enough. I would like to see Hill get picked by Memphis. Him or a good PG.

I doubt the Wizards pick Thabeet over Harden, SG is their real need, and frankly Harden is a far more NBA ready player than Thabeet. Frankly Thabeet wouldn't help them any more than Haywood. I would like to see Hasheem land on Minnesota, gives them interior defence and moves Big Al to his proper PF spot, with Love and Craig Smith beasting off the bench.

The Thunder could definitely use James Harden, a good pick, nasty backcourt with Westbrook, Harden would be like the big PG to Westbrooks little beast SG. If Washington picked Harden before hand, maybe they go for Jennings, have a small backcourt. Thabeet could actually fit well here too, though they may be scared off by memeories of Sene and Petro.

Ugh, Timberwolves with Jennings. The Timberwolves are a messy business, an oddly built team, its hard to know what could work. It's also hard to know what kind of player Jennings will be. Probably a lot like TJ Ford.

Grizzlies taking Brackins? Is Brackins really rated that high? You don't pass on far superior players just so you're picking a PF. If the Grizz don't land Griffin or Hill, they should just take the best player available at this point, which would not be Brackins. They could take any position other than SF or C, unless there is a straight stud there. Mayo could be moved to PG if they wanted to draft Harden, Henderson or DeRozan. They could even put Tyreke Evans in at PG with Mayo.

No complaints with DeRozan to the Warriors. Mostly because I can make no sense of how the Warriors are building their roster or how they're using those players. I sometimes think Don Nelson has lost his ****ing mind. They've got talent at every position, but play no defense, and DeRozan's early value will be as a defender. They could pick anyone, literally, because they're wierdos. I have no idea who would be their ideal pick either.

Not sure why the Knicks would want Aminu in particular, but hey.

Is Aldrich entering the draft? If he is, he will probably go a little higher than this anyways. I wouldn't hate to see the Raps pick him, but I would prefer Gerald Henderson (or Harden, or even DeRozan or Tyreke Evans), simply because we only have one SG on the roster, and he's a 33 year old free agent this off-season. Henderson could be a stud.

I have no idea who the Pacers whould pick. They have such a convoluted frontcourt, just a messy roster overall. Would probably shy away from drafting Aldrich simply because they have so many damn white big men.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not really that much thought put into it, considering how closely it resembles NBAdraft.net's mock draft. It resembles it an awful lot.

Brackins and Aldrich in the top 10? They'll be lucky if they make the lottery. Although, I think Aldrich is staying another year, which is a good choice, because he can raise his stock a bit more.

You're also forgetting about Monroe, if he enters this year, he'll definitly be a top 10 pick. Though I don't know if he is entering this year.

Last edited by Kebab Stall : 04-05-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The fact that you say the Knicks draft Aminu for his strength leaves me extremely skeptical about how much effort really went into this versus just taking NBADraft's mock and flipping some pieces.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Cole Aldrich? Craig Brackins? In the top 10? Come on now.

Cole is a favorite of mine, but he's really at this point just a hustle guy. He's like Jeff Foster and he really should stay longer in college.

Admittedly, I have only seeing Brackins for one game, I do not think he's top 10 material. It would be a bust waiting to happen.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

I agree Brackins really shouldn't be in there (he is a bust if he is), but it wouldn't surprise me if he raised his stock close to the top 10 with workouts. I wouldn't take him that high, but it wouldn't shock me to see him go that high. I think Earl Clark could be a more likely pick at that spot.

Aldrich is up there and should be. As his offensive game continues to improve he will make a team happy. He probably won't be a star, but in a kind of weak draft, I think he is a good role player type to grab. He won't be a bust, but he won't be a star either.

Really, though, it isn't crazy to think the draft could go down like this. I don't know what NBAdraft has, so maybe it is just a copy, but it isn't bad.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

I just don't get what makes people think jordon hill is anywhere close to a 2nd draft pick

I'm also not a huge fan of gerald henderson as a lottery pick- just too small to not be a shooter of ball handler/creator

Fariq-aminu would make a great foreward to pair w gallinari in the future- don't think he lasts that long

Where do you think rubio belongs? Aldrich is not a top 10 pick
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Wow this is a really bad top ten mock draft. I highly doubt that the person that created this thread did any sort of research what so ever.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: