Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default "I called him the worst player in the world"

Quote:
Bryant has been particularly tough on the Rockets. He beat them with a 3-pointer with less than 30 seconds left in January then produced some more fourth-quarter heroics in Houston last month after Ron Artest taunted him.

Asked Friday what he did to rile up Bryant in their previous meeting, Artest smiled.

“I called him the worst player in the world,” he said. “I told him he was the worst player I’ve ever seen in my life.

“ … Some people won’t talk to the guy who actually might kill them. I like to talk to the guy who likes to kill me.”

Calling Kobe the worst player in the world is like calling Mike Tyson the softest puncher in the world.

LINK TO ARTICLE
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: "I called him the worst player in the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Calling Kobe the worst player in the world is like calling Mike Tyson the softest puncher in the world.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Or like calling Tiger the worst golfer in the world...
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We should hire somebody (different person each game) to try and piss Kobe off every game... I'd love to see Kobe's reaction if a fat white guy wearing a Nuggets t-shirt said, "hey Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes." He'd probably drop 50
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why are you trying to sensationalize this? its not that big of a deal and it wreaks of kobe homerism... sorry, but it just does. players call each other out all the time and all artest was doing was trying to get under his skin... so what?

i saw this story earlier and did not post it just for that reason.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
why are you trying to sensationalize this? its not that big of a deal and it wreaks of kobe homerism... sorry, but it just does. players call each other out all the time and all artest was doing was trying to get under his skin... so what?

i saw this story earlier and did not post it just for that reason.

I don't think the story is actually that significant, like you said - Artest was just trying to get under Kobe's skin, but what he said to Kobe just strikes me as really funny. You are the worst player in the world, rofl.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just find what kobe did in response to that priceless
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhizard
I don't think the story is actually that significant, like you said - Artest was just trying to get under Kobe's skin, but what he said to Kobe just strikes me as really funny. You are the worst player in the world, rofl.

now that would be a more interesting discussion point... the psyche of artest that would do what he did. if he was smart, he would pick and choose who he attacks and how.

so, those of you that were pro-artest -- do you really still want him as a laker?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
2 Legit 2 Quit
Can barely lace up my sneakers

2 Legit 2 Quit has an OK reputation so far

Trying to read the mind of Ron Artest is impossible, but I'll give it a go. My guess is that he wanted to try and bait Kobe into playing Kobe-ball and was hoping Kobe would start forcing the action. Not a bad idea, but one that backfired.

I'm actually surprised more teams don't try to let Kobe beat them by himself. You could make an argument that giving Kobe the green light to score 40 is better than letting Gasol, Odom, and the rest of the supporting cast easy scoring opportunities.
2 Legit 2 Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
now that would be a more interesting discussion point... the psyche of artest that would do what he did. if he was smart, he would pick and choose who he attacks and how.

so, those of you that were pro-artest -- do you really still want him as a laker?

Of course. He's a competitor and will stop at nothing to try and get in another player's head.

What he's doing right now is great possibly because he is in a contract year. I would take him on this squad if he had one year left
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Of course. He's a competitor and will stop at nothing to try and get in another player's head.

What he's doing right now is great possibly because he is in a contract year. I would take him on this squad if he had one year left

ahh, now i have caught the fish on the hook...

so, you think artest is good for the triangle? you think he brings good team chemistry? you think he is not a risk to go off and lose it at any point?

how does this benefit the lakers?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

myfavorite artest moment was actually last night.. end of the game, rockets are losing, he has 5 fouls on him and a sore groin, adleman won't call a time out to get artest off the floor despite his pleas...

he gets the ball and just plows into the first laker he sees (trevor)... offensie foul end of probelm end of another night of humiliation, out of the game
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
ahh, now i have caught the fish on the hook...

so, you think artest is good for the triangle? you think he brings good team chemistry? you think he is not a risk to go off and lose it at any point?

how does this benefit the lakers?

First of all...I miss good fish...we should have some when I come back for a visit in a week .

As for the topic in question....maybe we should sign artest to 1 year deals frequently if thats whats going to make him behave ...its a joke of course but he would definitely bring additional toughness to the team. Whats the rockets record now anyways 48-27? Not bad for Artest as a second option.

What we need more than anything is his defense which is something this laker's team has been lacking. Good for the triangle? Sure he could be if he doesn't constantly chuck up shots.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #13
Mushua
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mushua has an OK reputation so far

I would like to every player do this in the fourth quarter.

His response? 18 points in the fourth quarter.
Mushua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #14
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
First of all...I miss good fish...we should have some when I come back for a visit in a week .

As for the topic in question....maybe we should sign artest to 1 year deals frequently if thats whats going to make him behave ...its a joke of course but he would definitely bring additional toughness to the team. Whats the rockets record now anyways 48-27? Not bad for Artest as a second option.

What we need more than anything is his defense which is something this laker's team has been lacking. Good for the triangle? Sure he could be if he doesn't constantly chuck up shots.

i will agree to sign artest if, as part of the contract, he agrees to regular psychiatry sessions and also agrees to be medicated.

seriously, if you are going to be back in the states, please call me when you get here and we will try to get together for lunch!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhizard
Or like calling Tiger the worst golfer in the world...

IDK about that.. lol

But it's like

Mutumbo in 2001 around late may

"You cant score on me. I can stop you, shaq is nothing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1UpffICzs
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: