Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Where's all the Rudy Gay haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
No this was replying to the guy from phili. He was saying that the grizz are in good shape to be good in a year or two. I was saying that the fans in memphis never want to stick around for the bad years. But will always come back when the grizz are good.
The problem is we've never really been good.

I'm a huge fan of both the Memphis Tigers & Memphis Grizzlies, I just think Memphis & Tennessee in general is a state that likes college athletics more than professional sports.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
The problem is we've never really been good.

I'm a huge fan of both the Memphis Tigers & Memphis Grizzlies, I just think Memphis & Tennessee in general is a state that likes college athletics more than professional sports.

Well when the grizz won 50 games three years in a row we had fans. We averaged over 15,000 fans a game. Not alot compared to other "good" teams. But thats good for memphis. I dont think were really a college state. The titans are big in nashville they also have the predators. They draw big aslong as the team does well. But overall youre probably right, there are more big college programs than there are pro ones.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Well when the grizz won 50 games three years in a row we had fans. We averaged over 15,000 fans a game. Not alot compared to other "good" teams. But thats good for memphis. I dont think were really a college state. The titans are big in nashville they also have the predators. They draw big aslong as the team does well. But overall youre probably right, there are more big college programs than there are pro ones.
In order:
Tennessee Volunteers Football
Tennessee Titans Football
Memphis Tigers Basketball
Tennessee Volunteers Basketball
Memphis Grizzlies Basketball

I've been down to see the Grizlies play & the Tigers play and honestly the atmosphere is so much better in the college sports, it was barely anybody at the Grizzlies game and most were there simply to be there, not because they are true fans.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If we starting winning more, more fans will show up. That's just the way it is and the way it will always be. I doubt we'll ever have fans like some teams have, but hopefully the fan base will grow.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
In order:
Tennessee Volunteers Football
Tennessee Titans Football
Memphis Tigers Basketball
Tennessee Volunteers Basketball
Memphis Grizzlies Basketball

I've been down to see the Grizlies play & the Tigers play and honestly the atmosphere is so much better in the college sports, it was barely anybody at the Grizzlies game and most were there simply to be there, not because they are true fans.

I went to alot of the playoff games when the grizz were in them. And the house was rocking pretty hard. I have also been to alot of tiger games. Their both fun but the tigers games are only exciting like 5% of the time. Because their confrence is garbage and good teams are rare to come through here.

Ofcourse now that the tigers are in turmoil over losing calipari the grizzlies fans will be back this season.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: