Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
KB8tHeGrEaT

Default Blake Griffin = WHO in present or past NBA?

Who do u think his overall game compare to? It can be present or past???
Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Blake Griffin = WHO in present or past NBA?

He is frequently compared to a pre-injuries Antonio McDyess, and I like that comparison.

Although McDyess was probably slightly better on defense (which is not a knock on Griffin).
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Taller version of Charles Barkley.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
GiveItToBurrito

The Barkley and McDyess comparisons are pretty accurate. If I had to choose a more current player, it would probably be a rich man's Millsap with touches of 2005-ish Gerald Wallace. Basically anyone who puts up 20 and 10 and plays their heart out on offense whilst trying to dunk everything and not really worrying too much about defense.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
KB8tHeGrEaT

^^^^ LOL nice!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
The Barkley and McDyess comparisons are pretty accurate. If I had to choose a more current player, it would probably be a rich man's Millsap with touches of 2005-ish Gerald Wallace. Basically anyone who puts up 20 and 10 and plays their heart out on offense whilst trying to dunk everything and not really worrying too much about defense.

I really like the Millsap comparison. He was the first person I thought of.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Gerald Wallace doesn't care about defense? lol
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Gerald Wallace doesn't care about defense? lol

My thoughts exactly.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
TrueRob
Local High School Star

TrueRob has no real reputation yet.

What about Elton Brand?
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kmart/mcdyess hybrid
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
KB8tHeGrEaT

^^^^ This
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always think of Kenyon Martin when I watch him play.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #13
Thunderstruck
Serious playground baller

Thunderstruck is considered somewhat coolThunderstruck is considered somewhat cool

He's better offensively than K-Mart and McDyess, but not as good defensively. Although I think with 6 fouls to work with in the NBA his defense will be better than expected. He's a smart defender, he just isn't aggressive enough yet. I would compare his offensive skills more to Malone, Kemp or Boozer though. More explosive than Boozer, but not as much as Kemp in his prime, but has better post skills.

Last edited by Thunderstruck : 04-05-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #14
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Stoudemire.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:57 AM   #15
fefe
Local High School Star

fefe has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
He's better offensively than K-Mart and McDyess, but not as good defensively. Although I think with 6 fouls to work with in the NBA his defense will be better than expected. He's a smart defender, he just isn't aggressive enough yet. I would compare his offensive skills more to Malone, Kemp or Boozer though. More explosive than Boozer, but not as much as Kemp in his prime, but has better post skills.

He is not better offensively than McDyess...
Prime McDyess was a force inside, had nice footwork, and also a great midrange game.

K-Mart is the right comparison.
I don't beleive Griffin will be able to maintain his phisical dominance in the NBA.
I don't expect him to be a 20 point per game scorer in the league anytime soon. He has to improve his game a lot to do that.
I expect him to start his carrier as K-Mart did. If Griffin can stay injury free, he can become better.
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: