Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Playoffs: We're In!

WOOO!!!!!

Our many years of waiting are over. We have officially made it into the playoffs.

Who do you guys want to see in the first? I'm hoping we can hang onto home court, but tonight against the Rockets will be very telling of whether or not we will do that since we are currently 4th seed, with the Rockets barely behind us for 5th.

I think overall, the 2 teams I want to see the least are the Lakers and the Spurs. I know the Nuggets are playing well, but I still don't fear them as much. I'm pretty worried about the Rockets too (if we don't have home court advantage) because they will constantly have either Artest or Battier on Roy. I'm thinking we have a chance against pretty much any of the teams, but it will be a tough battle. If we win a series, it won't come easy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
shighkin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

shighkin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoffs: We're In!

I feel like we have a shot at winning a series against any team besides the Lakers.
shighkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

i wanna see you guys in 7th seed. I want you guys to get to second round n play against Lakers, cuz that will be a hell of series.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
i wanna see you guys in 7th seed. I want you guys to get to second round n play against Lakers, cuz that will be a hell of series.

Actually, in that case you'd want us to stay in 4th or 5th, because the winner of those two seeds face the 1st seed in the 2nd round.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Regardless of where they seed, the Blazers better learn to win road games. So far they are 1-13 against Western Conference playoffs team on the road.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Actually, in that case you'd want us to stay in 4th or 5th, because the winner of those two seeds face the 1st seed in the 2nd round.

oh yea lol...i knew that, i guess i just must have spaced out. i said it right in every other post that i said i wanted Blazers to play Lakers second round lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Regardless of where they seed, the Blazers better learn to win road games. So far they are 1-13 against Western Conference playoffs team on the road.

you dnt have to be that worried tho, your team is still young and has plenty of time to learn. Its not like you are the Jazz where you have at least middle aged players and they still cant win road games.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ahhh I'm so glad and pumped up! Since what? 2003? Rip City!!
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Myth

So with Manu out, I'd rather face the Spurs than the Rockets assuming we don't get home court advantage. Though, if it were us with home court vs Rockets or not home court vs Spurs, then I'd still choose Rockets.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade

This. I dont think we will make it to the second round without home court advantage. I think our best matchups are probably Houston, Nawlins and Utah. I dont want to play the Spurs.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
This. I dont think we will make it to the second round without home court advantage. I think our best matchups are probably Houston, Nawlins and Utah. I dont want to play the Spurs.

The Hornets are my first pick out of everybody.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
The Hornets are my first pick out of everybody.

Yeah I think Oden, Pryzbilla and Aldridge would absolutely destroy their undersized frontline. CP3 could cause some trouble though, I cant really see anybody on the Blazers who has a chance in hell of defending him well (but then who in the NBA does?)
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Yeah I think Oden, Pryzbilla and Aldridge would absolutely destroy their undersized frontline. CP3 could cause some trouble though, I cant really see anybody on the Blazers who has a chance in hell of defending him well (but then who in the NBA does?)

Theres no way i want my lakers to play you guys...we have not won in portland...well for ages...you guys could win one in LA and that would be it...i know its a different laker team come playoffs but lately i've seen too many types of Laker team...with us blowing leads to subpar teams and stuff.

heres me wishing i dont see you guys again in the playoffs...till the last regular season meeting at portland then...later
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #14
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats to the Blazers, they deserve it!!

They can make quite a run this year if they stick to it and stay motivated. It might be a tough run because of the lack of experience.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Myth

Man, I kind of feel like we are about to be screwed out of home court advantage. Rockets own the tie-breaker with us because they are 2-1, but the 2 they won were in Houston and the 1 we won was in Portland. I feel we should have a shot to tie that. We do own the tie breaker with San Antonio, except they just got a freebie from the refs against Sacramento. Not saying that the Kings would have won for sure, but they should have had the ball with 2 seconds and a tie, not down 3. Not only does that reduce our chance of having a better record with them, but it also means that if we tie with the Spurs AND the Rockets (which would have not been as likely if Spurs lost that game), then we would be pushed down to 5 and the Spurs will jump to 3rd because they have the tie breaker over Houston and that would give them the division championship. So, now we are likely going to be 5th against the Rockets would have home court advantage rather than 4th with home court advantage against the banged up Spurs. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we are in the playoffs, but this situation frustrates me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: