Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Second round picks that I think will make a career in the NBA.

Jermaine Taylor-UCF

He should have a long career as a shut down defender.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #17
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Adrien's elbow jumper is just a joy to watch, when he uses it. If he can hit that consistently in the NBA, there should be no reason why he can't be a servicable backup SG/SF.

Adrien's problem is that he hasn't shown much improvement year to year. His free throw percentage is still horrid and he doesn't seem laterally quick enough to play the swingman position at the next level. I like him enough to think he has a place as a tweener forward for a team that could use his toughness. He could end up like Carl Landry.

Quote:
Robinson's athleticism is out of this world. He definitly won't be out of place in the NBA, where athleticism reigns supreme. He does lack a bit of size though, but should be fine as a backup SF.

He reminds me of Renaldo Balkman, who is carving out a nice career for himself. Stanley comes in with instant hustle and energy, willing to get the crowd fired up with his play. He's super athletic and has nice long arms to block shots and to snare down long rebounds. I see a nice career for him if he never loses his intensity.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 AM   #18
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Quote:
What?

Adrien can hit that elbow jumper pretty consistently, when he uses it, but he rarely uses it. What he's doing at the college level now, that being playing down low, won't work in the NBA, he's only 6'6. He's going to have to develop a decent mid range game, which he's already got the tools to do, to have some success at the next level.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Adrien is not playing anything other then the 4 in the NBA.

If not he'll play that in Europe.

He has literally no wing skills.

You can't just develop a entire perimeter game once your already 22.
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 AM   #19
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Ryan Gomes?

He had perimeter skills in college that translated to the NBA
Old 04-07-2009, 04:53 AM   #20
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

I think Taylor Griffin will be a NBA player to
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 AM   #21
Bonez
I airball my layups

Bonez has an OK reputation so far

hansborough = Mark Madsen
Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
Adrien is not playing anything other then the 4 in the NBA.

If not he'll play that in Europe.

He has literally no wing skills.

You can't just develop a entire perimeter game once your already 22.
He'll struggle at the 4, greatly. He's only 6'6 and hasn't got a huge frame like Maxiell. He might have to play the 3 and occasionly play the 4, when matching up against smaller PF's, such as Powe, Milsap, Hayes, etc.

I didn't mention a perimeter game, I mentioned a mid-range game, which he has got the tools to build on. If he really developed a mid-range game, he'd be much more servicable.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Hayes and Maxiell are both bigger than Adrien (not too sure about Hayes, he might be smaller), but Maxiell is much bigger and has also has a phenomenal arm span to boot. If Adrien can transfer his rebounding game into the NBA, then running at the PF position isn't going to be too bad, but he's going to be dwarfed by most NBA PF's, he'd much more suited for the SF position, where he is still going to be small for his position.
He'll be a PF or nothing in the NBA, at 6'6, 240 lbs. He doesn't have the skills or the quickness to be a SF, although he might be able to operate at that position occasionally. Frankly he isn't much of an NBA prospect at all. He had a nice college career, he might be able to be a second rounder and ride an NBA bench for a few years, then maybe play in a foreign league.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #24
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Taj Gibson

16 10+ rebound games, averaged 14/9 with 3 blocks. Six games of 5+ blocks. 14/11 during the Pac-10 Tournament. Will end up being an energy big off the bench, like Powe for the Celts.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Manny Harris from Michigan and Robert Vaden from UAB.

SG's that can score at will.

Last edited by idizzle : 05-16-2009 at 11:53 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really like Pendergraph. I think Heytvelt will stick because of his jumper. And I really like Calathes.

There's actually a lot of guys I like later in this draft.

Adrian really is too small, and he actually had a lot of trouble finishing consistently in traffic in the big east. He has some game, but I just don't see it translating.
Stanley Robinson however I could see being a dramatically better pro than a college player. Especially in the right setting with a serious PG for him to run with. He's really big, I expected a raw 6-7 wing guy, but he's 6-10 and still runs and jumps like that. He could be a nice PF off the bench to accelerate the tempo. I see an Eddie Robinson type career where he'll come out of nowhere and have a really good run. Eddie got ruined physically, and was never nearly as good as the general public thought, because he was such a highlight guy, but he brought serious goods if only in spurts. Stanley needs to amp up the energy a bit, but that may be easier at the pro level when it'll be clearer what's expected of him, rather than really trying to develop his whole game like they were hoping for at UConn.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Manny Harris from Michigan and Robert Vaden from UAB.

SG's that can score at will.
Harris isn't in the draft
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Robert Vaden may not make it, he can shoot but he was very stoppable at UAB if good physical defense was played against him.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #29
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
I think Taylor Griffin will be a NBA player to

Yes, I think he's a real sleeper. Plays hard, and is working hard to develop a perimeter game.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #30
Jerkstore!
I airball my layups

Jerkstore! has an OK reputation so far

Patty Mills cus im Australian
Jerkstore! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: