Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Gamespot Review
NBA 2k7: 8.2
NBA Live: 6.5

IGN Review
NBA 2k7: 8.3
NBA Live: 6.0

Operation Sports Review
NBA 2k7: 10.0
NBA Live: No rating yet
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #17
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
So the NBA 06 game series isn't normal full sim like the other two, it's an "alternative" type of game involving training and scenarios, not regular 5-on-5 season/league play?

that is somewhat correct. you still play a 5 on 5 game but not a normal full sim like in nba live where you go through the season then playoffs. sometimes you have to play a full half, sometimes they require you to play a full game but you have get a certain number of points, steals, blocks etc.

there is a storyline to it. you are a rookie who has just replaced the STAR PG for the team you choose. that star PG is very bitter and trashes you in interviews throughout the game while the media also critisizes you as well and you have to overcome the odds. you also have an agent who gives you advice and a local street legend who teaches you how to make your game more flashy to get endorsements.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #18
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Ah, cool, thanks
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #19
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Yes, but in NBA 06, you CAN play regular basketball too. Isn't this that game called "NBA 06: The Life" or something like that?

If I recall correctly, this game had three modes. The first was a regular mode where you could do exhibition or seasons. The second mode is called "The Life" where, like you said, its like a story-based game. The third mode is online play
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Which game has the most shoes? I won't buy a game unless it has every pair of shoes ever worn in an NBA game.

Also, which one has the most gameplay sliders? I want 10,00000000,00 sliders, and I don't care if they do anything or not.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #21
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Which game has the most shoes? I won't buy a game unless it has every pair of shoes ever worn in an NBA game.

I agree. This is one of the most crucial aspects of a basketball game. This is why I always play Live. They focus on style and have more shoe selections.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

I wish that the games would allow you to buy the shoes in new colors from the online marketplaces. I am willing to pay more for shoes in a video game than I am in real life.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #23
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

NBA 07 is like the biggest joke in the world. why do they even bother making it. the gameplay is an absolute joke and it has absolutely no fanbase.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #24
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/v/WfW0u3IgCCE

Great 2k7 video....
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: