Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default Laker's Roster Who goes? Who stays?

One thing about Milm is I would like him to get some time at PF position. I remember him saying he feels more comfortable there. But either way they both can play both position but Kwame feels he scores better at center.

Kobe Kwame Bynum Farmar and even Parker got bigger. And Turiaf Evans Odom Radmanovic Milm and Walton have a-lot of heart. Cook Williams and Vujacic are going to have to show something to stay on. That leaves Douthit N'diaye Wafer Mckie Pinnock and Green are going to be lucky to stay around.

But the Laker's also have the option of sending Bynum Farmar Green Douthit Pinnock and Wafer to the Laker's D league any time they want and also bring back when they need to. But the odds are only Green Douthit Pinnock and Wafer would be sent.

Milm Vujacic and Cook are good trade bait, and Mckie Wafer Green and Pinnock are good throw in. That leave Douthit and N'diaye Williams, Douthit is more fit for the D' league and N'diaye is going to have to show what he has to stay around. But both may stay if Milm gets traded.

So what do you think? Who goes? Who Stay? and who should get traded?
And who should be sent down to the D' League?
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Because of phil's lust towards geezer gaurds mckie is probably going to stay around.

Wafer is going to be given one more chance as phil likes his shooting ability (when hes hot) and his size for a gaurd. the reason wafer is not doing well is because in college he was a pro at working without the ball...but theyre asking him to handle it all the time now...and thats why he struggles.

We all know Kobe might not make it

I think Douthit should be given a good chance in preseason and mamadou needs to GO HOME.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Because of phil's lust towards geezer gaurds mckie is probably going to stay around.

Wafer is going to be given one more chance as phil likes his shooting ability (when hes hot) and his size for a gaurd. the reason wafer is not doing well is because in college he was a pro at working without the ball...but theyre asking him to handle it all the time now...and thats why he struggles.

We all know Kobe might not make it

I think Douthit should be given a good chance in preseason and mamadou needs to GO HOME.

Ya I heard Kobe might get traded to the Kings for Artest
They love him there
And Bynum might get traded for Gerald Green:confused:
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Douhit and Mamadou are there just to fill out a B Squad for practices, they don't stand a chance. Wafer is out, he's shown no change from last year, and is destined for a career in the CBA or Europe if he's lucky. Pinnock is tricky, if we had room it'd be great to keep him and send him to the D-Fenders, but it doesn't seem likely. Mihm won't get traded until he can show he's recovered from the injury, so he'll be on the roster after training camp which means no chance of a 2 for 1 trade opening up another spot. I'd definitely buy out McKie and sign Green though, as Evans (an excellent pickup btw) stands a good chance of being the main B.Shaw/R.Harper guard that Phil likes anyway. If they could trade Sasha or Cook away for a draft pick I'd take it and then add Pinnock and let him play on the D-Fenders.

My 15 would be this:

Starters: Kobe, Lamar, Kwame, Vlad, Smush (who names these guys anyway?)

Bench: Evans, Walton, Willams, Farmar, Mihm, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook, Green, Pinnock (McKie was cut, Sasha traded for a future draft pick)

Ta-Da!
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP

Bench: Evans, Walton, Willams, Farmar, Mihm, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook, Green, Pinnock (McKie was cut, Sasha traded for a future draft pick)

Ok, lets be serious...

Wafer, Douthit, Pinnock, Mamadou and likely Greeen will not make the squad. While I like these players, they are just not NBA caliber yet. Green is likely the one on the bubble.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ok, lets be serious...

Wafer, Douthit, Pinnock, Mamadou and likely Greeen will not make the squad. While I like these players, they are just not NBA caliber yet. Green is likely the one on the bubble.

Well, Green has shown he can play NBA minutes as he got some time last year and improved vastly over the summer, but as I said Pinnock would play in the D-League if he manages to make it. It would come down to whether or not McKie looks like he can produce anything this season, if he looks done then there's no reason to keep him, and a better to retain Pinnock's rights since we lose him if he's cut.

Just found this, a little more positive press for Green from today's OC Register: "With Bryant out, Devin Green worked on an offensive unit with Odom, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker and Luke Walton." - you'd think that it would be McKie, Evans or Sasha in there with Kobe out, but they put Green with 3 other starters (and a 1st teir bencher in Walton) on the same squad.

Last edited by Kobe4MVP : 10-04-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Ya I heard Kobe might get traded to the Kings for Artest
They love him there
And Bynum might get traded for Gerald Green:confused:

lool hey!!! mine was good
Old 10-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
Douhit and Mamadou are there just to fill out a B Squad for practices, they don't stand a chance.

Just for my info...how much do they usually get paid for that?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
lool hey!!! mine was good

Ya your right I been reading up more and more about Green and he should be a star!! But I kinda bias when it comes to Andrew, because he's from St Joseph and my son name is Andrew Joseph M. named after a saint.

And plus I have invested in over 2 thousand dollars in signed and rare Bynum cards. Most in which I got really cheap and have a book value of around 5 to 6 thousand over all.

But mostly he has my son name and he's a Laker and like Bryant he said he would only play for the Laker's. This is a business and anything can happen. Phil and Shaq tried to trade Kobe. I think it was for Kidd and Marion.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Ya your right I been reading up more and more about Green and he should be a star!! But I kinda bias when it comes to Andrew, because he's from St Joseph and my son name is Andrew Joseph M. named after a saint.

And plus I have invested in over 2 thousand dollars in signed and rare Bynum cards. Most in which I got really cheap and have a book value of around 5 to 6 thousand over all.

But mostly he has my son name and he's a Laker and like Bryant he said he would only play for the Laker's. This is a business and anything can happen. Phil and Shaq tried to trade Kobe. I think it was for Kidd and Marion.

Trade the Bynum cards for green...lol jk.

and yes the trade was for kidd and marion...I think this was in the phil jackson book.

But Andrew got hella big and i wanna keep him now...He might dunk on shaq harder this year and send him to the ground...or dunk on him and grab the quarters from the top of the rim...or dunk on hm so hard that shaq breaks and retires....or maybe even dunk on him so hard that when shaq tries to hurt him again he will beat the **** out of shaq....

IM DONE!!!!

LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #11
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
One thing about Milm is I would like him to get some time at PF position. I remember him saying he feels more comfortable there. But either way they both can play both position but Kwame feels he scores better at center.

Kwame had stated that with him being 270 lbs he prefers mixing it up down low instead of filling the wings during fastbreaks. Aslong as Kwame develops a mid range jumper 12-15 feet away from the basket, it would then open up his inside game giving the Lakers a low post presence to work with.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just for my info...how much do they usually get paid for that?

I have never seen the "terms and conditions" of those signings to be published. Not that it is not but I have not seen it. I'd bet its between $200K and $800K.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Depending on Bynum's development, Mihm either the 2nd or 3rd string center. If Bynum plays well, Mihm is getting traded.

Aaron McKie should be bought out to make room for Green or Pinnock. We have a veteran backup guard in Shammond Williams.

Pinnock should go to the d-league where he'll get playing time. If Green isn't going to get minutes, he should be sent there, too. A player develops quicker when he's actually playing.

N'Diaye and Douthit are longshots at best. They're probably gone after training camp and preseason unless they absolutely tear it up. However, depending on what trades Mitch pulls off, they could be brought back in the middle of the season, especially if several big men get dealt (Cook and Mihm).
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

I think Devin Green if given the opportunity w/his talents would be a better player than Sasha, and Pinnock IMO is a keeper cosidering we traded for him on draft day w/Dallas, besides the kid can handle the rock, play some serious D and isn't shy about scoring either.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

IMO, Green is not a good shooter...hes more of a slashing mid range shooter.

Sasha Can beat many guys on our team at shooting...when sasha gets hot he plays like a european. so I would take sasha over green. but i like green too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: