Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #76
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You obviously got offended. And once again, judging by the title, you cant tell what language it is unless you're a language expert.

Quit being an illogical dumbass. It was an extremely nit-picky criticism which points to being offended.

Are you brave enough to act like a smart ass to people faces? Or is it just because you can hide behind a screen? I have a feeling you would get broken in half like a twig if you tried acting like this in real life
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #77
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

Tdk.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #78
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

IHTT, what civil dude would resort to violence in a conversation about movies?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #79
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

If I judged people based solely on their movie interests, I wouldn't have many friends. I like a lot of foreign and indie movies, but sometimes people who share that same interest with me are too arrogant for me. (not saying I'm not, but in this case I don't mind being a little hypocritical) As long as the other person is open minded to the movies I like I'm ok with it.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #80
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
IHTT, what civil dude would resort to violence in a conversation about movies?

I can tell he likes to just push and prod people to get them worked up, but a lot of the time he just comes off as a jerk
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #81
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

It isn't a movie, but someone once told me when I first met them that their favourite TV show was Mad Men, and I knew right away she was an idiot.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #82
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
It isn't a movie, but someone once told me when I first met them that their favourite TV show was Mad Men, and I knew right away she was an idiot.
What's wrong with mad men? Its one of the better quality shows out there.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #83
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You obviously got offended. And once again, judging by the title, you cant tell what language it is unless you're a language expert.

Quit being an illogical dumbass. It was an extremely nit-picky criticism which points to being offended.

I know you can't tell by the title. But how did you come to the conclusion it was Chinese? Just saying... You obviously read the names, but came to a conclusion based on your horse blinders. Many of you wear them.

Instead of coming to conclusions, I read more, and it told me that it was Japanese. You think I ever heard of the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I couldn't even tell it was an asian movie with the title: Lolita vib-zeme or whatever. Sounds more european to me, only when I saw the director's name could I tell it was japanese.

Do movie titles like: "Old boy" "In the mood for love" or "Chocolate" tell you they're asian?

Neither could I. It sounded French at first.

Old Boy? Not at all. Chocolate either... But people can choose to read further on to find out the origins of the movie instead of making baseless comments.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #84
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
That's what I was gonna say.

I dunno how many threads have been created here asking people what their favorite movie is, and three months back, over half of them listed "The Dark Knight", like they'd never seen a decent movie until last summer.

Falking pathetic.
The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies of all time, for no other reason than because it was ****ing fantastic. It has its flaws, but its pros far far far outweigh them. Critical acclaim, commercial acclaim, one of the most memorable(or at the very least popular) performances of all time, and the list goes on. I'd be very surprised if your head wasn't right up its ass when it first came out, and its only now that you're hopping on the "overrated" bandwagon that everybody seems to cherish so dearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Tdk.
Have you even seen it yet?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #85
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm always pretty drawn to people with completely different tastes than mine.

The only thing I can't stand is when someone is ignorant, but doesn't recognize or acknowledges it. Every thing else is cool with me.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #86
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Menace to Society

John Q - Amazing how many ppl think that this film was a work of art
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #87
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Damn, a lot of you guys would hate me then.

TDK is my favorite movie.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #88
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
Damn, a lot of you guys would hate me then.

TDK is my favorite movie.

Really?

I don't have a problem with that, but it's April 2009, and you look back in the two decades that constitute your life, and does The Dark Knight prevail over every other film you've seen as a child? Is it a bonafide factual opinion.

Just need confirmation, brosh.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #89
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Really?

I don't have a problem with that, but it's April 2009, and you look back in the two decades that constitute your life, and does The Dark Knight prevail over every other film you've seen as a child? Is it a bonafide factual opinion.

Just need confirmation, brosh.

At the moment, yes. Call me a follower, I dont care. Its my favorite movie....
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #90
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
At the moment, yes. Call me a follower, I dont care. Its my favorite movie....

No nothing to do with following. I loved Batman Begins and it'd be in my top 20 easily, and I remember Patiently Waiting and my mind being blown several times throughout summer night viewing of Dark Knight. When the score came, and Bale was running away and the narrator was like... "sometimes the truth just ain't good enough," i had chills like f*ckin Tyrone Biggums. At that precise moment I could've called it my fav.

Perhaps its my memory, but that feeling wore off about six months later. Like I rewatched it on DVD, and it just seemed great but not epic. It's all good tho I'll take your word for it.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 04-07-2009 at 02:51 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: