Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #106
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
While I think the Spurs chances are definitely hampered a bit with Manu's injury, the Lakers will get knocked out early. Oh they'll win their first round match up all right but will lose in either the second round or conference finals. The Spurs are still led by two former Finals MVPs(one of which is having an amazing season) and I think the Nuggets will pose a serious threat as well as a few other teams. The Nuggets are also led by a former Finals MVP, something Kobe will likely never get.

Please, with Bynum and Ariza back there should be nobody who can even get them a good enough challenge in the west. Lakers coasted through the west last year without Bynum and Ariza..with them back it would take a complete meltdown for anybody else to be able to beat them.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #107
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Man, that sucks for the Spurs. Didn't they have an opportunity to trade for VC at the trading deadline? In light of the circumstances they probably should've pulled the trigger on that deal
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #108
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FURB
Man, that sucks for the Spurs. Didn't they have an opportunity to trade for VC at the trading deadline? In light of the circumstances they probably should've pulled the trigger on that deal

Aren't you forgetting the Drew Gooden Blockbuster Acquisition?
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #109
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Well, it looks like the Spurs great run is coming to an end. The injuries are starting to pile up on them. Mano is older than I thought. He and Duncan are both approaching the mid 30's.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #110
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
Yes, he did a great job defending Kobe. Just look at his averages in last year's playoffs.
35+ PPG, Just because you love the Nuggets doesn't mean you have to be delusional and say J.R Smith shut him down.

This season
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281101007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281121013

i like how u again bring up last year like it matters. you are so reatrded, how many times do i have to say that last year is not this year. And i like how u decided to just ignore the game in which the nuggs beat the lakers, cuz that was the last time they played the Lakers. And i NEVER said that JR shut down kobe, u are just putting words in my mouth. i just said that i HEARD that JR did a good job defending him. I dnt have the boxscore, n i dnt feel like looking it up, all im sayin is that i heard he did a good job defending kobe, thats all.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #111
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

There goes the Spurs championship hopes, oh well.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #112
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Spurs are going to be eliminated in the First Round of the playoffs, and this is probably the end of an Era.

Duncan suck major @ss in the last 2 weeks, and Parker already took over as the best player on his team.

Why do you hate the Spurs so much? Just because we swept you? Dont be mad, kid. We've taken out damn near every team in the last 10 years. Youre just another name on the list.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #113
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I really don't think this changes the WC playoff picture all that much, to be honest. The Spurs were going to win a maximum of one playoff series, imho.

Its obvious you have little respect for the Spurs' 4 championships. They were a lock for WCF or Finals appearance with Manu. Seriously.. take a history lesson on Spurs Basketball, kid.

*posted this again .. show yourself, RedBlack.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #114
iTruWarrior
Banned

iTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
i like how u again bring up last year like it matters. you are so reatrded, how many times do i have to say that last year is not this year. And i like how u decided to just ignore the game in which the nuggs beat the lakers, cuz that was the last time they played the Lakers. And i NEVER said that JR shut down kobe, u are just putting words in my mouth. i just said that i HEARD that JR did a good job defending him. I dnt have the boxscore, n i dnt feel like looking it up, all im sayin is that i heard he did a good job defending kobe, thats all.
I just showed you it.... You fail. J.r Smith shutting down Kobe is just like asking Howard to shut down Yao.
iTruWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #115
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's not rewrite the script for this year and make it sound like with Manu the spurs were a lock for the title. Healthy Manu was not young Manu and Duncan was banged up too. Saying the spurs had a chance to beat the Lakers if everyone was healthy is fair, but as the years go on that is becoming such a big IF that it's not even fair to speculate about it, it's almost a given that when playoff time rolls around, someone will be hurt, most likely Manu.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: