Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation
Default Second round picks that I think will make a career in the NBA.

Jeremy Pargo-Gonzaga
Had a terrible season because he was forced to play out of his game a bit and you could tell he didnt feel comfortable doing it.
He needs to work on his shot but I see him as a Will Bynum type player
Micah Downs-Gonzaga
Will probably have to play his way up through the D-league.
Good athlete and skill set and height for position.
Will need to improve defense to get a contract in the NBA, but he is almost there.
Tyler Hansborough-NC
IMO, will be a first round pick, but anyways-
To say he's not an NBA player is ridiculous.
Will he be a consistent starter? Hell no.
he goes hard every play and has some skills to boot.

Add your players
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Second round picks that I think will make a career in the NBA.

AJ Price is the next Eddie House.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

With greater slashing ability, PG instincts;

but less accurate volume shooting.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

danny green
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Eddie House? He reminds me more of Chris Duhon.

I think Sherron Collins and Tyrese Rice will have great careers.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't think Sherron will be in the draft this year, and not only that I think he'll be a first rounder after his senior year.

As for the topic, the following players I like:

Dante Cunningham
Tyler Hansbrough (I'm sure he'll go first round)
Greivis Vasquez
Jeff Adrien
Stanley Robinson
Jerel McNeal
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Hoopladawg87
I brick open layups

Hoopladawg87 has an OK reputation so far

There are a lot of smaller guards that had great college careers projected to go in the 2nd round. I really like all of these players and think they have a fair shot at earning a roster spot on an NBA bench:

A.J. Price
He has gone through a lot in his life, and he always seems to find away to rise to the occassion and get things done. He can really score and this year he showed he could run a team. There is definitely a place for him in the League.

Dionte Christmas
I didn't see much of him in college, but on paper his numbers were very good. His skills set can use some work, but from a scoring aspect he has what it takes.

Marcus Thornton
He is not great in any particular facet of the game, but is a capable scorer, passer, and defender. A contender could definitely develop him slowly and turn him into a solid contributor.

Toney Douglas
His size may be a factor and he lacks natural PG skills, but he can flat out score. He can drive the lane and finish at the rim, pull up and stick the mid-range j, and spread the defense with his perimeter shooting.

Jermaine Taylor
I never saw him play in college, but he is a freak of an athlete. He has the physical tools to play in the league, it is just a matter of developing his individual skills.

Sherron Collins
I really like his game, but it will be interesting to see how his height affects him. He reminds me of a Nate Robinson type scorer but with more refined PG skills.

Stefon Jackson
Although he played in a rather weak conference, he is a pure scorer. He has decent size at 6'5", but it is difficult to project his impact based on numbers alone. It will be interesting to see how he fares in individual workouts.

Jerel McNeal
I'm surprised he's projected to go in the late 2nd round. As a four-year player at Marquette he proved he can do it all on both ends of the court. He is only 6'3", but his abilities should be enough to overshadow this.

Tyrese Rice
Although undersized, he is a big time competitor. He give 100% all the time, and his performace shows it. He can score in many ways, and there are several teams that could use him as an energizer off the bench.

Wesley Matthews
He's not great in any one aspect of the game, but with four years of experience he has an excellent feel for the game. He is also willing to play defense, and in the NBA that desire can earn you a role.
Hoopladawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
Hoopladawg87
I brick open layups

Hoopladawg87 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't think Sherron will be in the draft this year, and not only that I think he'll be a first rounder after his senior year.

Dante Cunningham
Greivis Vasquez
Jeff Adrien
Stanley Robinson
Jerel McNeal

I absolutely love what he can bring to a team, but hopefully he will stay at Maryland another year, develop his skills even more, and improve his draft stock in the process. The only question mark for him is regarding his maturity. He plays with passion, but can often times turn into a headcase.
Hoopladawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
danny green

Forgot about him.

He will for sure be a long time NBA'er
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three

Dante Cunningham
Greivis Vasquez
Jeff Adrien
Stanley Robinson
Jerel McNeal
Adrien's elbow jumper is just a joy to watch, when he uses it. If he can hit that consistently in the NBA, there should be no reason why he can't be a servicable backup SG/SF.

Robinson's athleticism is out of this world. He definitly won't be out of place in the NBA, where athleticism reigns supreme. He does lack a bit of size though, but should be fine as a backup SF.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Adrien's elbow jumper is just a joy to watch, when he uses it. If he can hit that consistently in the NBA, there should be no reason why he can't be a servicable backup SG/SF.

waddafuhk
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
waddafuhk
What?

Adrien can hit that elbow jumper pretty consistently, when he uses it, but he rarely uses it. What he's doing at the college level now, that being playing down low, won't work in the NBA, he's only 6'6. He's going to have to develop a decent mid range game, which he's already got the tools to do, to have some success at the next level.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
What?

Adrien can hit that elbow jumper pretty consistently, when he uses it, but he rarely uses it. What he's doing at the college level now, that being playing down low, won't work in the NBA, he's only 6'6. He's going to have to develop a decent mid range game, which he's already got the tools to do, to have some success at the next level.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
Jeff Adrien a SG? Get the **** outta here. Have you ever heard of Chuck Hayes, Jason Maxiell, etc? Adrien being 6'6-6'7 does not change the fact that he is a PF, who MIGHT be able to operate as a big SF... rarely. But he cannot play SG at ALL.

Anyways, Stanley Robinson should be a late first rounder, that guy is a freak.

I like Jeff Pendergraph as well.

If Patrick Mills or Grievis Vasquez enter this year, I can see them succeeding.

I'd like to see what Shawn Taggart can do in the NBA as well, Calipari leaving might motivate him to test the waters this year. Like Pendergraph, will never be a major contributor but will provide athleticism and hustle.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Jeff Adrien a SG? Get the **** outta here. Have you ever heard of Chuck Hayes, Jason Maxiell, etc? Adrien being 6'6-6'7 does not change the fact that he is a PF, who MIGHT be able to operate as a big SF... rarely. But he cannot play SG at ALL.
Hayes and Maxiell are both bigger than Adrien (not too sure about Hayes, he might be smaller), but Maxiell is much bigger and has also has a phenomenal arm span to boot. If Adrien can transfer his rebounding game into the NBA, then running at the PF position isn't going to be too bad, but he's going to be dwarfed by most NBA PF's, he'd much more suited for the SF position, where he is still going to be small for his position.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Hayes and Maxiell are both bigger than Adrien (not too sure about Hayes, he might be smaller), but Maxiell is much bigger and has also has a phenomenal arm span to boot. If Adrien can transfer his rebounding game into the NBA, then running at the PF position isn't going to be too bad, but he's going to be dwarfed by most NBA PF's, he'd much more suited for the SF position, where he is still going to be small for his position.
Ryan Gomes?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: