Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Why Is Jonny Flynn Not Considered A Top 10 Pick?

He's definetly a complete PG but hes not even considered a Lottery Pick in most Mock Drafts.

This is the same underrated treatment that DJ Augustin received last year.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why Is Jonny Flynn Not Considered A Top 10 Pick?

That would be my guess. How's his defense?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His jumper's a little inconsistent, and who knows how he'll defend man to man. But I've been asking myself this for a while. Personally, I'd take him over Rubio, but at least Rubio brings a different set of skills to the table. I'm not sure that there's much genuine difference between Flynn and Jennings though, and Jennings consistently projects 10-15 spots ahead of Flynn.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A lot can change after draft camp.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Most of the top 10 prospect lists I've seen are way off (in my opinion of course).

Guys like Blair, Curry, Collins and Harden are all projected to go way higher than I think they will, based on their College success (and hype).

I think this draft is going to be all over the place this year, and a lot of people will be surprised.

My steal of the draft?

Dante Christmas.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Most of the top 10 prospect lists I've seen are way off (in my opinion of course).

Guys like Blair, Curry, Collins and Harden are all projected to go way higher than I think they will, based on their College success (and hype).

I think this draft is going to be all over the place this year, and a lot of people will be surprised.

My steal of the draft?

Dante Christmas.
I haven't seen any mock drafts with Blair in the top 10. He should go around the 18-23 spot, but more than likely might drop in at around 15-18, depending on who's drafting and their needs.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Flynn still has issues with turnovers and his jump shot is inconsistent.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
My steal of the draft?

Dante Christmas.

Dionte?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Dante Christmas.
lol
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Dionte?

My bad, I knew it was spelled different so I just guessed.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I haven't seen any mock drafts with Blair in the top 10. He should go around the 18-23 spot, but more than likely might drop in at around 15-18, depending on who's drafting and their needs.
I think 18-23 is more accurate because the athletic high potential forwards are going to raise their stock to the 15-20 range like James Johnson from Wake,Craig Brackins from Iowa State,and Damion James from Texas.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because he's staying at Syracuse
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Because he's staying at Syracuse
Flynn, Devendorf, Onuaku, Rautins, Rick Jackson, and Paul Harris would be sick next year. Final 4 lock.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

-A.J. Price
-Ty Lawson
-Jeff Teague
-Brandon Jennings
-Willie Warren
-Ricky Rubio(Possibly)
-Stephen Curry
-Jrue Holliday
-Darren Collinson
-Tyreke Evans
-Eric Maynor
-Lester Hudson
-Jonny Flynn

That's why. Pretty darn deep PG draft class this year wouldn't you say? You can argue any of those guys being able to crack an NBA rotation next year. Of course some will stay, some are not true PGs but that is still a lot of quality talent.

Last edited by UConnCeltics : 03-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
-A.J. Price
-Ty Lawson
-Jeff Teague
-Brandon Jennings
-Willie Warren
-Ricky Rubio(Possibly)
-Stephen Curry
-Jrue Holliday
-Darren Collinson
-Tyreke Evans
-Eric Maynor
-Lester Hudson
-Jonny Flynn

That's why. Pretty darn deep PG draft class this year wouldn't you say? You can argue any of those guys being able to crack an NBA rotation next year. Of course some will stay, some are not true PGs but that is still a lot of quality talent.
You forgot the best pg prospect Nick Calathes and also Patty Mills.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: