Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 10-23-2006, 03:18 AM   #16
Mrclutch
Serious playground baller

Thumbs up

Newbie here! Spurs since I started following the NBA religiously (1992) ; was amazed by Robinson during the pre-olympic tournament held in Portland ; suffered 7 years before the first title
Mrclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #17
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Welcome my fellow Spurs fan. Should be an interesting year. Go Spurs Win!!!
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:58 AM   #18
Mrclutch

Tks ; honestly, if Spurs are healthy (+ if many doesn't make a stupid foul + if the refs do their jobs) , they will destroy everything that dares to stand in front of them (and that includes Miami)
Mrclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
TheSick1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default re:

Testing.
TheSick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:53 AM   #20
Tank
I airball my layups

just watched the spurs-mavs pre-season game. SPURS RULE!!! i like the spurs' chances this year. elson & vaughn are great additions. anyway, who do you think will finally get the other spot?
Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #21
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

Welcome to the Spurs Forum Tank!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #22
9spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
boo spurs suck!!

:stupid:
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #23
9spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiggums
New to the forum but I bleed black and silver!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #24
9spurs

Spurs will take it this year
Old 10-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

welcome back 9spurs! hadnt seen you for a while since the board changed. glad to see you returned.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #26
9spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
welcome back 9spurs! hadnt seen you for a while since the board changed. glad to see you returned.

Thx man, what you been up 2
Old 11-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #27
BallWINGS

Talking Spurs To Kick Rockets Ass

YA'LL BLACK AND SILVER ALL THE WAY... KICK SOME ROCKETS ASS MAN!
BallWINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 PM   #28
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default over the years

i was a huge iceman fan in the late 80s early 90s

the spurs were great back then: mike mitchell, artis, johnny moore, mark oberding

i also liked alvin robertson and mark ivaroni and johnny dawkins

i was a huge d.rob fan too. i was happy to see him win a championship

but i must admit, that i have enjoyed cheering against the current crew. i respect and even admire duncan-- i just think he is a boring player. also, manu's unorthodox style drives me batty and i believe him to be a flopper

so, i have had mixed feelings about the spurs over the years. the one thing i can say is that the fans in san antonio are very loyal and vocal.

i had the good fortune of getting some great seats to game 2 of the sonics-spurs playoffs two years ago in sa. i was in the middle of some very wealthy spurs fans; i was thankful that they didnt abuse me too badly as i was quite vocal for my supersonics

the spurs again have a legitimate chance of winning it all. they will be in this position as long as tim, manu and tony stay healthy
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #29
tbiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i was a huge iceman fan in the late 80s early 90s

the spurs were great back then: mike mitchell, artis, johnny moore, mark oberding

i also liked alvin robertson and mark ivaroni and johnny dawkins

i was a huge d.rob fan too. i was happy to see him win a championship

but i must admit, that i have enjoyed cheering against the current crew. i respect and even admire duncan-- i just think he is a boring player. also, manu's unorthodox style drives me batty and i believe him to be a flopper

so, i have had mixed feelings about the spurs over the years. the one thing i can say is that the fans in san antonio are very loyal and vocal.

i had the good fortune of getting some great seats to game 2 of the sonics-spurs playoffs two years ago in sa. i was in the middle of some very wealthy spurs fans; i was thankful that they didnt abuse me too badly as i was quite vocal for my supersonics

the spurs again have a legitimate chance of winning it all. they will be in this position as long as tim, manu and tony stay healthy

Boring is in the eyes of the beholder. They can be boring. But it wins games. We in SA know that when the Spurs changed their style from run and gun to physical half court when Pop took over. That change designed to improve their playoff performances. We impressed the NBA for many years with nothing to show for it. So to me.... 3 rings later...the style wins championships...As boring as it looks. It is consistent and....It's not such a boring style when you understand what the team is trying to achieve...Are we trying to win style points?...No...We are trying to win championships...San Antonians know what to expect from The Spurs during the regular season. If the roles of the players are filled during the regular season. We know what to expect during the playoffs...That's why this is not boring to me.

Last edited by tbiggums : 11-17-2006 at 04:24 PM.
tbiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiggums
Boring is in the eyes of the beholder. They can be boring. But it wins games. We in SA know that when the Spurs changed their style from run and gun to physical half court when Pop took over. That change designed to improve their playoff performances. We impressed the NBA for many years with nothing to show for it. So to me.... 3 rings later...the style wins championships...As boring as it looks. It is consistent and....It's not such a boring style when you understand what the team is trying to achieve...Are we trying to win style points?...No...We are trying to win championships...San Antonians know what to expect from The Spurs during the regular season. If the roles of the players are filled during the regular season. We know what to expect during the playoffs...That's why this is not boring to me.

i totally understand and dont disagree with anything you wrote tbggms

your stated reasons are why i respect and at times fear the spurs as a team. they have found the right players and have implemented the best system for them to succeed. this is what all teams in the league want to do.

if duncan were on the sonics, and the sonics won three championships with him, i would be his biggest fan because he would be on my team

as the reality is though and as respected as duncan is because of all he has done on the court and is currently doing-- he is headed for the HOF-- it's primarily spurs fans that really want to watch their games. most of us would prefer to see "exciting" players. why would you guess all those kids around the country buy ai, wade, melo and kobe jerseys? it is because they are exciting individual players who have "flair"

i have been following the game for many years not just because my team wins the championship (God knows the sonics havent won since 1979!!), but i do want to be entertained too. as much as i think winning is great, there are many more aspects and nuances to the game that i appreciate just as much, and at times even more, than winning

plus, it is kinda fun when you have someone to cheer against too

i hope you see it as a sign of respect-- when people cheer against a team (or a player). it is an acknowledgement of the effectiveness of their abilities; it is indifference that shows a lack of respect. indifference essentially says, "we dont really care about your team"

Last edited by RainierBeachPoet : 11-17-2006 at 09:55 PM.
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: