Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #16
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
can some1 please rate this team? is it a lock to make the playoffs?
12 teams
my team
pg m bibby(looking to trade him)
sg maggette
g b davis
sf AK
pf Dirk
f battier(if he plays PF big #s comming)
c pryzbilla(looking to trade him)
c nesterovic
util m miller
util mo williams
bn tinsley, s swift, scerbiak

who should i trade bibby for
should i just drop pryz
Trash
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default poorlilrich

Your centers absolutely suck cow****. Other than that, not bad.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

centers dont mean ****
u can pick u good c of the WW every year
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #19
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

bump. mods: STICKY THIS THREAD! its working and cleaning up the fantasy board
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #20
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

If it was working that great you wouldn't need to bump it.

It's been less than a day, give it some time. Lighten up francis.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i just bumped it hoping to get a mods attention, the threads been working because now everytime you enter the fantasy forum you don't see 5 new "rate my team threads"
Old 10-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootornado
Rate my team, 12 team league

PG-Baron Davis
SG-Kirk Hinrich
G-Smush Parker
SF-Michael Redd
PF-Elton Brand
F-Marvin Williams
C-Yao Ming
C-Kurt Thomas
Util-Darko Milicic
Util-Stephen Jackson
bench-Nene Hilario
bench-Tim Thomas
bench-Bonzi Wells

im guessing this is a ten team league, maybe less.
Your getting good 3s, solid rebounders. Davis, Parker, Williams, and Jackson could hurt your fg%. You took a lot of big men, but other than yao the rest of your centers are weak. Try trading darko (he has high value) and davis and nene for a top notch C like bosh and a good guard like felton.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

@ Poorlilrich

Sorry dude, but the team may be out of contention at the break. And the only trade bait you have you can't possibly trade. If you trade Prysbylla its gonna be trash for trash. Most likely both players will get canned shortly after. There may be some room out there to squeak u into the playoffs but that is a long shot, so really disecting this one is futile. No offense.

everyone else - I am going to give a shout to Moncrief first cuz I checked it real quick and its a fierce squad with a hole or to that can be repaired. If you have read my rants and would like me to tear apart your squad PM me with your squad so I dont lose it on this Thread. Some cats are doing that lately to make sure I get to em. Fact is im going away with the lady this weekend and will be jonsin for my NBA fix come next week. If your in my inbox i'll do those for sure. If not then maybe maybe not.

Moncrief

I don't know the details of the keeper league. I may be reading it wrong, but if you've built it over the years does that mean you go to the draft with more than 1 or 2 keepers every year? I doubt it. Who are your keepers? What would you say is the best keeper core this year? I'm gonna assume that there are some teams in your league that are PTS whores in your league? And they are probably hogging all the 3s too? Those are 2 areas you gotta grab if you want to compete to the end which you are ready to do. And your TO's are gonne be scarry high. That is just the nature of having a sic squad like u do. So you can try to improve that one, but its harder to quantify and do successfully without messing up more important areas. So it can be an acceptable who. I feel you're way above avg in ASTS. And you shouldn't have any probs with either BLKS, FG%, and FT%.

So you got a chip caliber team fer sure. Wade, Pierce, Bosh, Gasol, Diaw? Amazing spread there. You may be throwing TOs out the door but F it. Work on getting some more 3s/PTS which is nice cuz they are complementary categories. Maybe its with the FA or maybe its a 2 of yours for 1 of theirs trade. Do not touch any of those guys I mentioned. Kaman could be used but its tough to make up what you are losing there at the C. I'd say to get rid of Curry and maybe Martin. Curry is inconsistent and can kill a week if he decides never to score 20 which he can but does so infrequently it sucks. And he's getting you nothing else other than TO's. Maybe do a minor deal with your Curry & Raymond Felton or Curry and Kenyon for a 17 pointer at the G, F or C, most likely G or F. If that doesnt fly see what you can get from Kaman. In that case you may have to keep Curry, or find a FA now that can score as a C if possible. Kaman with Felton or Kenyon may be your ticket to a Gordon package, Okur package, or something like that. If you do anything it it is imperative that you get the edge on 3s and Pts. Take the dive on ASTS and REBS if u have to, its affordable and leads to a chip!

Good Luck.....see y'all in a few days
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #24
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

9 Team ROTO League
FGM, FTM, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK
No bench spots.

G - S. Nash (15)
G - M. James (58)
G - S. Cassell (69)
G - J. Nelson (75)
G - A. Miller (87)
F - Jo. Smith (33)
F - M. Redd (40)
F - S. Marion (4)
F - A. Kirilenko (22)
F - A. Walker (FA)
C - S. O'Neal (51)
C - S. Dalembert (106)
U - D. Williams (FA)
U - B. Wells (FA)

It was an autodraft and I was pleasantly surprised with my team. With Smith, Kirilenko, Marion, O'Neal and Dalembert I probably will almost double every other teams' blocking totals. I feel like I've got a very well-rounded team, but I've never played roto before so I'm approaching everything from a H2H perspective so I would appreciate any criticisms or advice you may have.

I had my Andre Miller + Antoine Walker for Carmelo Anthony trade vetoed by the commissioner yesterday. And the team I was trading to needed assists badly and he was trying to get threes locked up.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-07-2006 at 12:25 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:44 AM   #25
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

20 Team League

My Team

PG L. Ridnour
(Sea - PG)

SG P. Pierce
(Bos - SG,SF)

G J. Tinsley
(Ind - PG)

SF C. Anthony
(Den - SF)

PF U. Haslem
(Mia - PF)

F T. Murphy
(GS - PF)

C C. Boozer
(Uta - PF,C)

C J. Magloire
(Por - C)

Util S. Hunter
(Phi - PF,C)

Util J. Redick
(Orl - PG,SG)

Util J. Rose
(NY - SG,SF)

BN J. Farmar
(LAL - PG,SG)

BN D. Fortson
(Sea - PF,C)

BN T. Hudson
(Min - PG)

BN Ju. Jones
(Pho - SF)
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #26
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

I'm in a 12 team league. Rate mine please. (especially Tess Squad; very good with description when rating teams)

PG-Franchise

SG-Ginobili

G-Starbury

SF-KG

PF-K-Mart

F-Z-Bo

C-Amare Stoudemire

C-Shaq

Utility-Larry Hughes

Utility-*none*

Bench-Donyell Marshall

Bench-Eddy Curry

Bench-Michael Finley

Bench-Jamal Crawford
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
shark61350
Can barely lace up my sneakers

shark61350 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
can some1 please rate this team? is it a lock to make the playoffs?
12 teams
my team
pg m bibby(looking to trade him)
sg maggette
g b davis
sf AK
pf Dirk
f battier(if he plays PF big #s comming)
c pryzbilla(looking to trade him)
c nesterovic
util m miller
util mo williams
bn tinsley, s swift, scerbiak

who should i trade bibby for
should i just drop pryz
This team has a lot of question marks. Most of your players are career under-achievers, injury risks or GASP both! Bibby and stud Dirky are probably your most consistant players. Your PGs Mo Williams, Baron Davis and Tinsley are huge injury risks so DON'T trade Bibby. That doesn't even include Maggette and AK47(games). Battier is a solid player with good %s but if you get 12 points and 6 rebs from him you'll be lucky. Pyrbilla will be on and off the waiver wire all year. He'll have his moments especially in the second half of the season as usual but still Portland has a lot of BIGS. Mike Miller should be good with Gasol out and mighty mouse not 100%. I think this is Swift's year and he should get C eligibility before too long. wally is another solid player with pts, 3s, and %s.

In conclusion scan your waiver wire, there are probably a lot of better players you can grab. Then again I gambled on alot of the same players so what do I know?
shark61350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: