Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 11-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Azubuike is Horrible

The good news is that they resigned him relatively cheap. The biggest knock on him coming out of Kentucky was that he doesn't pass the ball much and so far this season, he has proved that report right. He just doesn't pass the ball. He's becoming a Mikael Pietrus type player. Last night, against the Blazers, he made two bonehead plays towards the end that almost cost them the game. Both of them when he was inbounding the ball. He clearly doesn't know how to pass the ball. He's not a good 3 point shooter, yet he keeps chucking them up while shotting a measely 25%.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Azubuike is Horrible

Azubuike is great.
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i agree that his 3pt shooting is horrible he should stop taking those shots hes more of a mid range slasher type not as good as maggette but pretty good hes a good defensive player which the warriors need and hes can come off the bench orr start when needed like for injury so i dont think hes horrible but he should stop taking so many 3's
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

wth are you talking about honestly?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
warriorsfan9
Can barely lace up my sneakers

warriorsfan9 has an OK reputation so far

errr....no....Azabuike is great, he plays hard every game, altho sometimes he misses shots because hes not a great shooter, but he always hussle and play defense and grab rebounds when they needed.

How about discussing CJ Watson? i think hes the worst player in the league. Heck, imma make a new topic for him, cant stand his ugly face and horrible skill and effort.
warriorsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsfan9
How about discussing CJ Watson? i think hes the worst player in the league. Heck, imma make a new topic for him, cant stand his ugly face and horrible skill and effort.
I'll give you the ugly face but he plays really consistent. he has a good jumpshot and hustles out there. Explain why you hate him.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
i agree that his 3pt shooting is horrible he should stop taking those shots hes more of a mid range slasher type not as good as maggette but pretty good hes a good defensive player which the warriors need and hes can come off the bench orr start when needed like for injury so i dont think hes horrible but he should stop taking so many 3's

i want to correct myself azubuike is a decent to good 3pt shooter hes shooting .373 this year maybe he was just in a slump when posted that anyways he played good last night
Old 12-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
warriorsfan9
Can barely lace up my sneakers

warriorsfan9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2.1.
I'll give you the ugly face but he plays really consistent. he has a good jumpshot and hustles out there. Explain why you hate him.

I hate Watson b/c he simply plays too much, I wouldnt mind if he's a 10min backup. I really think he doesnt deserve 30+ minutes even when Ellis is injured.

He cant play any def, he can shoot but only make open shots, he definitely cant pass as well as any other PG, and its most frustrating when he turn the ball over in close games (inbound violations, he had like 3 of those this year,I never seen anyone else in NBA done it before). I know his stats arent bad, but it really annoys me to actually watch him play. He can hussle and try to steal alot, but thats actually his weakness, giving open baskets whenever attempt a steal. Great defenders do try to steal but they dont give away easy layups. Also, he usually wastes a well 15 to 20 seconds off the shot clock when he brings the ball up court and do nothing with it. Nelson and Williams are much better PGs, altho their offense isnt so good, but at least they know what theyre doing. Even Belinelli can pass and handle better than Watson, and Belinelli does play starting PG last few games in place of Watson and im glad that he does so.
warriorsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #9
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

As a Great Britain fan i hope Azubuike get his passport sorted out in time for Eurobasket 2009. This season his stats look decent. What position has he been playing? Discussing him on other forums we have been saying he will play SG with Gordon at the point. Will this suit him for 3 point shooting as the arc is smaller in europe?
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
Don't Stop Believing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
As a Great Britain fan i hope Azubuike get his passport sorted out in time for Eurobasket 2009. This season his stats look decent. What position has he been playing? Discussing him on other forums we have been saying he will play SG with Gordon at the point. Will this suit him for 3 point shooting as the arc is smaller in europe?
Well Azubuike usually plays the SG or SF position... more the SF postition. He's a decent 3 point shooter but don't expect him to be lights out.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
inaminute23
I airball my layups

I thought so & he'd probably play SG for GB. What's his perimeter D like? GB suffer a little bit from this especialy on the pick & roll. I'm sure he has the talent to be a 45% 3 point shooter on a european court, and if all goes well & commits to programme he can only benefit himself, GB, & the Warriors in future seasons.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Don't Stop Believing!!

Are there rumours that Azubuike is going to Britian? Explain...

And I'd say that his defense is average... if Jackson wasn't on the team he'd probably be gaurding the best player on the opposing team.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #13
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2.1.
Are there rumours that Azubuike is going to Britian? Explain...

And I'd say that his defense is average... if Jackson wasn't on the team he'd probably be gaurding the best player on the opposing team.

Yes we tried to get his Passport last year but the home office refused. British basketball are appealing as he was born in London, as it it seemed very unfair.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Don't Stop Believing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
Yes we tried to get his Passport last year but the home office refused. British basketball are appealing as he was born in London, as it it seemed very unfair.
So is there a good chance that he's heading overseas?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #15
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

i doubt it he has another 2 years left on his contract and its not like the warriors dont play him so i doubt they realease him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: