Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fg20 Tl 2009

5:05, April 20th, 2009

I nixed todays workout for three weeks... number one, I just found out that apparently what I thought was a groin injury has in fact been a sports hernia. With that in mind, I think its pretty hardcore I played over 2 month on it and only missed two games. Reason number two, ive got a workout with a southern Utah team today and I also have one tomorrow with a nice JC college tommorow, so I guess I can forgive myself just a little bit. Thirdly, im still sore like a mofo...

EDIT: Had a good run with the guys/players and actually I feel a bit guilty because I dont think my shot has ever been so on as it was tonight. Everything I tried early on went in, every drive I took got to the rack and fell ect. Once my wind became an issue though, I was in trouble... my team won first 5 games though.

Ill post an update after tomorrow and under this same post as an edit.

Last edited by Fallguy20 : 04-22-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #17
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what are you tryng to do?

like what areyou training for
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
what are you tryng to do?

like what areyou training for

Quote:
Im looking overall to increase speed, functional strength and agility and hope to add anywhere from 5-10 pounds muscle in 4 months.

When I say overall speed, I mostly mean to focus on lateral quickness as opposed to 40 dash speed (more basketball specific). Im decently strong for my age/height/weight, but im kinda bulky still and am looking to translate what I have now into a more fluid and/or "functional" strength. The 5-10 pounds of muscle should be just a goal in mind, but in all honestly im looking to get more of a slasher/swingman/hustlebunny body as opposed to a bigger bulky frame that might slow me down.

Right now im focusing on working on deficiencies (ie lower body) and gradually lose a % or two of bodyfat before I start any pylos or anything... also, I learned today that I might have to take a surgery break for an old nagging injury, so im going to have to work that in somehow.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

how old,height,wieght are you?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
how old,height,wieght are you?

dude... you cant read the first page?

anyways, im shut down. I went and did a college workout with the school that ive decided im going to go to for at least a year and i tore out my hernia. Im officially cripled for probably at least 3 months after I get surgery.

there goes my summer and my plans of making a difference

EDIT: Doc estimates 6 weeks downtime... better then I expected.

Last edited by Fallguy20 : 04-29-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #21
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
dude... you cant read the first page?

i refuse
Old 04-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
i refuse

1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #23
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

I maybe my last trip to the weightroom as a highschool senior today and tried to break my schools powerclean record. It was set at 295 for 215+ people. I put on 300 exactly. I got the bar navel high 7 times, and 7 times my groin wouldnt allow it when I went to catch the weight. Im having surgery soon that will require 6 weeks downtime, just enough to make sure I never break that record that ive dreamed of breaking since I was a freshman.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
FG20
Keep em Seperated

FG20 has an OK reputation so far

I got up 300 in the powerclean the other day!
Made me pretty happy, and now I can focus on other things and rehab without worry!

FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

you two the same person?
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #26
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG20
I got up 300 in the powerclean the other day!
Made me pretty happy, and now I can focus on other things and rehab without worry!

congrats.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #27
FG20
Keep em Seperated

FG20 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks Dwight.

Im BAAAAAACK! Had surgery the 29th of May, and less then two full weeks rest the doc says I can return to pool workouts, low impact and (thankfully!) basketball court time! Even some jumprope isnt out of the question even though running is still a bad idea.

Im so PUMPED!

FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: