Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Default 2008/09 was the most uninteresting Knick season I've witnessed in a long time

Can anyone remember a year that was more boring?

Sure we've been worse but usually there has been some drama or at least some interesing new players to get excited about.

While the Larry Brown season sucked I would still watch because of:

- the rookies Frye, Nate, Lee
- the addition of Eddy Curry
- the whole soap opera the Knicks became that year

While last year sucked it was still interesting to see the downfall of Isiah Thomas.

This year:

- Our lottery pick hardly played and looks like a bust (though I'll give it time)

- We traded for two of the biggest losers in the NBA. Words cannot describe how much I despise Larry Hughes and Al Harrington. Thank god Tim Thomas's second stint with the Knicks ended quickly. (Note I'm glad that Jamal and Zach are gone but I would rather be raped than cheer for Larry Hughes)

- We gave away Renaldo for nothing

When I look back at this season the first thing that will come to mind will be these four words:

COME
TOUCH
IT
DAVE
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: 2008/09 was the most uninteresting Knick season I've witnessed in a long time

They were far from boring this year.

They just were not good enough to win games.

Other than the last few weeks of the season they actually were competing in most of their games.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Default Re: 2008/09 was the most uninteresting Knick season I've witnessed in a long time

we need a go-to guy who is fun to watch.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

There's no heart in this team. I replace ALL of them.

I'd rather watch Hammer dance than the Knicks the way they are right now.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Yes. The most boring I've seen this team be the last decade since JVG left. I HATE offensive teams. Main reason why I enjoy watching Houston or San Antonio is because they play good defense. I'd rather have a defensive stopper team than this chuck machine of a team. Didn't we set a league record for attempted threes this year? How ****ing bad is that... **** offense.

Out of curiosity, but has Houston in particular won anything since Hakeem's days?? They may be defensive minded, but their lack of offense is the main reason why getting out the first round is so tough.

I do give the Spurs their due. They have won quite a few, but their consistent shooting keeps them in the hunt every year, even if they don't win back to back.

But I don't think the Knicks have been boring this year. The style of play made the Knicks a better offensive team, but nobody on the roster is known for great team defense which wins ball games.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #6
PistolPete
The Pistol

This team lacked focus and overall leadership. They were however exciting to watch on the offensive side of things.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I wouldn't put Rick that far up, but I do like him as a coach.

I don't think he is a better coach than Pop, Sloan, Byron Scott, Skiles, or Phil.

Although I don't think the perfect team exists. All teams are gonna favor one side of the ball than the other, but I agree they should have balance.

The Knicks had none.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: