Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
ap215
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ap215 has an OK reputation so far
Default Isiah To FIU

Isiah Thomas accepts FIU basketball coach job

FIU hired former NBA All-Star Isiah Thomas to be its men's head basketball coach Tuesday morning.

Thomas signed a five-year contract to take over as the Golden Panthers coach. Thomas replaces Sergio Rouco, who was reassigned within the athletic department Monday.

''Coming back to the college game has always been a dream of mine,'' Thomas said. ``I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to go somewhere where we can build a basketball legacy together. A lot of people don't know that FIU is one of the 25 largest universities in the country with a tremendously strong alumni community standing behind.''

Thomas last coached the New York Knicks during the 2007-08 season when he went 23-59 and was fired. Previously, Thomas coached the Indiana Pacers and led them to three consecutive playoff appearances.

Thomas compiled a 187-223 career record as an NBA coach. He will meet with the media at 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Thomas inherits an FIU basketball program that last had a winning record in 1999-2000 at 16-14. The Panthers made one NCAA Tournament appearance in 1995 and lost in the first round to UCLA.

FIU's home arena, U.S. Century Bank Arena, will also undergo a $5 million renovation with the help of the capital improvements trust fund.

At last it's over.
ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Isiah To FIU

Thank the lord, I've been waiting for this day for years. Isiah Thomas officially has nothing to do with the New York Knicks
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Thank the lord, I've been waiting for this day for years. Isiah Thomas officially has nothing to do with the New York Knicks

Has a live Press Conference on ESPN right now. I bet he'll manage to somehow blow this job as well.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would still want him as a scout. He does a nice job of finding talent... David Lee, N8, Wilson chandler, Trevor Ariza... These were all late round picks and they are all good players. He can find talent but he's a complete retard when it comes to building a team.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do not give a shyt.

NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: