Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets Lottery Good Luck Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I didnt know elephants were lucky
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #17
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #18
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I didnt know elephants were lucky
lucky if you're an antelope being stalked by a lion, perhaps. (in which case you move closer to the elephant)

now if we can just play the kevin bacon game and relate that to the nets somehow...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #19
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
lucky if you're an antelope being stalked by a lion, perhaps. (in which case you move closer to the elephant)

now if we can just play the kevin bacon game and relate that to the nets somehow...
Speaking of which, did you ever see that video of a gang of lions teaming up to take down a elephant? Pretty sick stuff.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #20
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow... no i didn't. oO

i did watch a crazy battle between lions, crocodiles and a herd of water buffalo over a water buffalo child.

let's see... here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #21
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #22
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
wow... no i didn't. oO

i did watch a crazy battle between lions, crocodiles and a herd of water buffalo over a water buffalo child.

let's see... here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Yeah I saw that one. Its amazing that baby buffalo survived.
Heres the one I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOE4RzS7JPY
Old 05-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Yeah I saw that one. Its amazing that baby buffalo survived.
Heres the one I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOE4RzS7JPY
jesus. lions being able to take down a full-grown female elephant just seems insane.

i think there are two things making this possible- 1) elephants are herbivores and have a herbivore's mindset, meaning their first response if not protecting a baby is to run from such odds; 2) despite elephants being the toughest, strongest creatures on land, they are apparently poor fighters. for example, an elephant trunk is immensely strong and could probably break small boulders and small trees in half, but it didn't seem to occur to that elephant to use it in it's defense. similarly, elephant legs probably have a piston-like strength on the order of factory machinery which could be a devastating weapon if used correctly.

if i was that elephant and saw that pack coming up on me and no other elephants to help, i would have feinted as if i was going to retreat until they started charging, and then as quick as i could, turn and plow through them like a number 15 ball through a bunch of bowling pins, reaching with my trunk to try to catch any of them i could while my legs hopefully crushed or maimed some lions underfoot who were too densely packed to get out of the way in time. a couple charges like that would settle the argument quickly, i would think.

then again, it can be virtually impossible to attack when you're a plant-eater whose every instinct is screaming at you to run away. plus, elephants are very unathletic and borderline clumsy and could easily trip while making such a charge... a trip that would probably be final.

Last edited by gigantes : 05-19-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #26
Dasher

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
jesus. lions being able to take down a full-grown female elephant just seems insane.

i think there are two things making this possible- 1) elephants are herbivores and have a herbivore's mindset, meaning their first response if not protecting a baby is to run from such odds; 2) despite elephants being the toughest, strongest creatures on land, they are apparently poor fighters. for example, an elephant trunk is immensely strong and could probably break small boulders and small trees in half, but it didn't seem to occur to that elephant to use it in it's defense. similarly, elephant legs probably have a piston-like strength on the order of factory machinery which could be a devastating weapon if used correctly.

if i was that elephant and saw that pack coming up on me and no other elephants to help, i would have feinted as if i was going to retreat until they started charging, and then as quick as i could, turn and plow through them like a number 15 ball through a bunch of bowling pins, reaching with my trunk to try to catch any of them i could while my legs hopefully crushed or maimed some lions underfoot who were too densely packed to get out of the way in time. a couple charges like that would settle the argument quickly, i would think.

then again, it can be virtually impossible to attack when you're a plant-eater whose every instinct is screaming at you to run away. plus, elephants are very unathletic and borderline clumsy and could easily trip while making such a charge... a trip that would probably be final.

lol we've turned a good luck thread into a thread about elephants.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #29
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Yeah, I blame the two of you for us not moving up...

just playing.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Yeah, I blame the two of you for us not moving up...

just playing.
ok after this post no more text, just good luck charms
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: