Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #181
D-Shark

Default Re: Official OTC All Time NFL draft clubhouse

-primetime-

put Willie brown as third Cornerback please.

and move Ronnie Lott to Free Safty.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #182
D-Shark

Looks like Dasher stole my #2 Cornerback.

I had to go with Brown because he has 5 TD's if you include playoffs, is a hall of famer, and a Superbowl Champion.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #183
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
Looks like Dasher stole my #2 Cornerback.

I had to go with Brown because he has 5 TD's if you include playoffs, is a hall of famer, and a Superbowl Champion.
Aeneas has 9, and is also a Super Bowl Champion and should be a HOFamer as well.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #184
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Aeneas has 9, and is also a Super Bowl Champion and should be a HOFamer as well.

I do not believe he is a Super Bowl Champion, and Willie Brown has 9 probowls as well.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #185
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
I do not believe he is a Super Bowl Champion.
My bad missed the title.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #186
-primetime-

I am not sure if I could have waited another round on Will Shields or not...

12x probowler...

was anyone thinking about him at all???
Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #187
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I am not sure if I could have waited another round on Will Shields or not...

12x probowler...

was anyone thinking about him at all???
I was...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #188
-primetime-

well I was looking over the teams and trying to get an idea of who has the best...

I think that RBA has a decent lead over the rest of us...

he is drafting Parcell's style...best player available...and then building around the steals that fall in his lap...

we all have picks that could be seen as mistakes I think, or players that would have fallen to us later in the draft...

I am thinking that it is possible that Mean Joe might have gotten to RBA later...but I could be wrong there...other than that I think he has been spot on...

we all need to step it up now because of him...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #189
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

You're too caught up in the big name offensive players he has on the team. Has history not shown you anything prime? All the great teams have had dominant defenses that can shut you down, no matter who you are. As much as we want to crown Brady for all those rings, it's always been the defense that has been the most important aspect of the team. They can simply stop you, no matter who you are. They held us to low point totals when we played them, and we had a high-powered offense full of big-time playmakers.

Look at the Giants in the superbowl against the dominant Patriots. They got to Brady and made that offense look bleek. That was the highest scoring offense, too, wasn't it?

95% of the time defense wins out. It doesn't matter if you have Moss, Rice, Montana, Barry and an all-time great line protecting/blocking for them... it can be stopped. Especially when you can draft a defense full of HOF'ers.

RBA has a solid team, just like everyone else here.... but the team he currently has is not head and shoulders above everyone else'
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #190
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You're too caught up in the big name offensive players he has on the team. Has history not shown you anything prime? All the great teams have had dominant defenses that can shut you down, no matter who you are. As much as we want to crown Brady for all those rings, it's always been the defense that has been the most important aspect of the team. They can simply stop you, no matter who you are. They held us to low point totals when we played them, and we had a high-powered offense full of big-time playmakers.

Look at the Giants in the superbowl against the dominant Patriots. They got to Brady and made that offense look bleek. That was the highest scoring offense, too, wasn't it?

95% of the time defense wins out. It doesn't matter if you have Moss, Rice, Montana, Barry and an all-time great line protecting/blocking for them... it can be stopped. Especially when you can draft a defense full of HOF'ers.

RBA has a solid team, just like everyone else here.... but the team he currently has is not head and shoulders above everyone else'
yeah...I see your point

and I think your secondary is by far the most killer secondary here...

I really think that when this is over that we need to find a legit way of voting so that some of these old greats don't go under the radar to "big names"...

I'll be honest...alot of the HOF players that have been taken I am not that familiar with other than old NFL Flims (TM)...

I think we all know who Night Train is...but not one of us was alive to really have an understanding of just how he compares...

and the rule differences...

Night Train's signature move was a freakin head twist that would have any player of today banned for 3 games...

I tried to bring up this topic earlier...but everyone was so eager to draft that we have overlooked just how we are going to "rate"...

for instance..."could Dick Lane handle Larry Fitz"????

well, in his day, YES...in today's game "NO"...Just my opinion btw...

I really think we need some sort of point system or something when we vote...

taking HOF into account, "all pro" into account, probowl appearances into account, ect...

I don't know how it will go down, but we have to find a way from keeping the "BIG NAMES" from dominating...

and this is coming from someone that has drafted a ton of "big names"...

Last edited by -primetime- : 04-12-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 AM   #191
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No picks yet huh? just PM when I am up
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #192
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
No picks yet huh? just PM when I am up
do you want to PM me your picks?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #193
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bump for whoever.... 24hrs???
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #194
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
bump for whoever.... 24hrs???

Man,... Marlo was on-line at midnight last night and didn't make his pick.

That kinda pisses me off.

I say we move to a 12 hour time limit.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #195
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

damn bettis looks huge as **** in that pic :
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: