Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: my mock draft

I don't think your too far off in thinking 9 or close point gaurds in rd 1- I can't see lawson being the 4th of them or that high and I really can't see he or flynn before teague- and no jrue holiday-why?

I can't figure why at all you are so high on henderson and hill- maybe I'm the one way off but I don't see them as top 5 players even at their own spots (griffen, moteinjunas, aminu, monroe, brackis- harden, tyreke, derozen,buddinger) henderson is closer to the group of sam young, danny green, t williams, ellington than he is griffen, rubio, thabeet
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I don't think your too far off in thinking 9 or close point gaurds in rd 1- I can't see lawson being the 4th of them or that high and I really can't see he or flynn before teague- and no jrue holiday-why?

I can't figure why at all you are so high on henderson and hill- maybe I'm the one way off but I don't see them as top 5 players even at their own spots (griffen, moteinjunas, aminu, monroe, brackis- harden, tyreke, derozen,buddinger) henderson is closer to the group of sam young, danny green, t williams, ellington than he is griffen, rubio, thabeet
Henderson is a terrific athlete, he can shoot and slash. Not to mention hes coming from Duke so he has a pretty good basketball IQ and is pretty smart.

Hill on the other hand I do not like very much.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

I think mock drafts get more respect when each pick is explained and supported.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 AM   #19
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

If my Bulls pick blair over Evans I'll have a caniption fit.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Most people are saying Harden has fallen a bit, and may even be behind Derozan as far as top SG. I also don't think the Wiz pass on Rubio with Arenas' history.

I think there is a very small chance Henderson goes that high, Derozan or even Harden if he fell would be a much better pick.

Monroe is coming back, so you can take him out, and probably move Hill up.

I don't see how the Knicks could pass on Curry. D'Antoni loves shooters, and he is friends with LeBron.

Derozan is too low. I would put him at 5, Henderson at 11, and Budinger at 13 if you like those teams to draft swingmen.

I wouldn't bet much money on Adrien even getting drafted, so 1st round is a real reach in my opinion.

I think you also need to get Omri Casspi in there somewhere. I think he would go ahead of Summers and James.

You did a pretty good job with the PG because they are hard to manage. I like a lot of your late 1st round picks.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #21
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

any better???what else do i need to change?
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Biddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputationBiddy77 has a terrific reputation

portland's depth chart as of the end of the season:

pg: blake, rodriguez, bayless... with roy playing some pg mins
sg: roy, fernandez
sf: batum, outlaw, webster... iwth Roy playing SF mins in small lineups.
pf: aldridge, frye, ruffin... with outlaw actually serving as our 2nd PF.
c: przybilla, oden... with frye playing 3rd C minutes.

portland's big needs are a long-term PG (to grow into the role as blake ages), and a back up for Aldridge.

some people here believe Bayless is the long-term solution at PG, and that our biggest need is a steady back up PF. many others just aren't buying that theory, myself included.

i expect our picks (plural--i think we'll buy a mid-first round pick...) will be PG and PF prospects.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
portland's depth chart as of the end of the season:

pg: blake, rodriguez, bayless... with roy playing some pg mins
sg: roy, fernandez
sf: batum, outlaw, webster... iwth Roy playing SF mins in small lineups.
pf: aldridge, frye, ruffin... with outlaw actually serving as our 2nd PF.
c: przybilla, oden... with frye playing 3rd C minutes.

portland's big needs are a long-term PG (to grow into the role as blake ages), and a back up for Aldridge.

some people here believe Bayless is the long-term solution at PG, and that our biggest need is a steady back up PF. many others just aren't buying that theory, myself included.

i expect our picks (plural--i think we'll buy a mid-first round pick...) will be PG and PF prospects.

I agree about the needs, but I think Blazers should go with the best player available approach. Even if that player is a SG or SF it won't do any harm because so many of their players can play multiple positions.

Speaking of point guards, do you know are Blazers going to bring Koponen from Europe for next season?

Last edited by disco : 04-22-2009 at 02:38 PM.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

iam not sure but i thought omri casspi was going to the lakers good mock draft
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: