Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2009, 02:06 AM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The Shield was a f'ing legit show.
Meh. I only watched a few episodes on the recommendation of a friend and I had a hard time getting into it. I thought the acting was pretty poor and, after years of watching uncensored television series like The Wire and The Sopranos, the 'PG-13' nature of the show just didn't work for me.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #17
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin6zer0
What we should do is just keep spending, then even print more money so the dollar's value will decline even more throughout the world!
Actually one of the factors that made the great depression worst was the fed not printing enough money. The money supply was too low, and that hurts the economy a lot more than inflation does. More money supply = more demand. You should probably learn how economics work before commenting on what the government is doing.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Meh. I only watched a few episodes on the recommendation of a friend and I had a hard time getting into it. I thought the acting was pretty poor and, after years of watching uncensored television series like The Wire and The Sopranos, the 'PG-13' nature of the show just didn't work for me.

PG-13 nature?

Are we thinking of the same show?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 AM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
PG-13 nature?

Are we thinking of the same show?
Was The Shield the one on FX?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 AM   #20
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Was The Shield the one on FX?
Yeah, but I'm not sure how you can think a show that constantly uses the words "fuck," "shit," "nigger," "faggot," along with severe beatings, blood, gunshots, knife wounds, people being blown up, guys being raped by other guys, etc. is PG-13.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm not sure how you can think a show that constantly uses the words "fuck," "shit," "nigger," "faggot," along with severe beatings, blood, gunshots, knife wounds, people being blown up, guys being raped by other guys, etc. is PG-13.
Ok... I just did a quick search to make sure that I wasn't losing my mind. The Shield series, in fact, is rated PG-13.

That was really a guess on my part after watching a few episodes. I don't base anything on the rating of a show, but it just came off a little 'tame' considering the subject matter and in comparison to the kinds of series that I was accustomed to.

http://forum.dstv.com/archive/index.php/t-914.html

http://www.dvdfile.com/reviews/revie...st-season-1815

The Wire is shown on BET these days and it is edited horribly... chopped to pieces. There is no way that The Wire could air on regular cable television in its original form.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #22
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

If that's what passes as PG-13 these days that's extremely troubling.

And fair enough I guess, but I never got that impression from it.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 04-13-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #23
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

WTF? How can a show which featured a man (Acuveda) being orally raped have a PG-13 rating?
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #24
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
WTF? How can a show which featured a man (Acuveda) being orally raped have a PG-13 rating?
That was my thoughts (among a LOT of other things).
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 AM   #25
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

i wish the wire could go on forever.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #26
slevin6zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Actually one of the factors that made the great depression worst was the fed not printing enough money. The money supply was too low, and that hurts the economy a lot more than inflation does. More money supply = more demand. You should probably learn how economics work before commenting on what the government is doing.
Instead of completely trashing you and making you look like the fools you are, here are a couple links for ya to read buddy:

http://economics.about.com/cs/money/a/money_demand.htm

http://economics.about.com/cs/neocla...e_of_money.htm

http://economics.about.com/cs/money/...sion_price.htm

Remember kids, educate yourself before you speak on a subject, that way you won't sound like a complete dumb **** like our Illini friend here!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #27
slevin6zer0

In short gentlemen that are too lazy to read three articles, I will paraphrase why printing more money will hurt the value of the dollar.

If you create more money without raising the value of gold, the value of the dollar drops, it's call inflation. It's econ 101 stuff, but I doubt that you took that at your Community College, one day you'll be there Illini!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #28
slevin6zer0

Damn I'm high as clouds and I'm still pwning! It's hard ladies and gentlemen, it's hard.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #29
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin6zer0
Damn I'm high as clouds and I'm still pwning! It's hard ladies and gentlemen, it's hard.

Why don't you keep the thread on topic? If you want to talk about the economy create your own thread.

The Wire is my favourite show as well, it took me a long time to get into but but once I had it was one of the most entertaining series I have ever watched. Each character complemented one another perfectly and the story never plateaued off, every episode drew you further in.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #30
slevin6zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Why don't you keep the thread on topic? If you want to talk about the economy create your own thread.

The Wire is my favourite show as well, it took me a long time to get into but but once I had it was one of the most entertaining series I have ever watched. Each character complemented one another perfectly and the story never plateaued off, every episode drew you further in.
Apologies my man, apologies. I will stay off economics and politics from now on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: