Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #16
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Angels/Red Sox near fight

thats when you throw the bat at him.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #17
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Beckett is a piece of sh*t and this is why I hate the Sox

yeah, what a piece of crap!. Guy's closing in on getting a ring for every orifice, but hey, he's a piece of sh*t.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is one of my favorite rivalries in the game. Angels play well vs. the Sox in the regular season. Sox own them in the postseason. Beckett is a country boy through and through (for better and worse). He doesn't take crap from anyone, and percieves any small slight as something much larger. These teams play 6 more times this year, including next month. I'd expect tensions to continue to rise.

By the way, for being such a traditionalist organization, the Sox sure do have alot of hat/jersey combos. I'm not sure how I feel about the new gear, but these days, almost every team has 3/4 hat/jersey combos going.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
slevin6zer0

**** both these teams. Kick them out of the league for all I care. We need more class organizations like my Cubbies now-a-days. Oh ya, **** the Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
I wish Tommy John surgery upon Beckett.

These days, the procedure is (relatively) common. He's just come back strong in a few years. Having the surgery doesn't carry quite the stigma it used to.

Perhaps a voodoo doll would work better
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
This is one of my favorite rivalries in the game. Angels play well vs. the Sox in the regular season. Sox own them in the postseason. Beckett is a country boy through and through (for better and worse). He doesn't take crap from anyone, and percieves any small slight as something much larger. These teams play 6 more times this year, including next month. I'd expect tensions to continue to rise.

By the way, for being such a traditionalist organization, the Sox sure do have alot of hat/jersey combos. I'm not sure how I feel about the new gear, but these days, almost every team has 3/4 hat/jersey combos going.

I think most Sox fans don't like it. Selling out to the almighty dollar.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #22
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

A regular season game between two teams who really don't like each other. What's the big deal? So Beckett buzzed Abreu for calling time -- that's baseball! Although its fairly reasonable to assume that Sox fans would be rioting if their hitter was thrown at, and their manager, hitting coach, and starting cf were ejected for their troubles.

The bigger story in this game happened during the top of the 8th when Lowell and Drew bailed out Shields with some horrifying ab's.

(Dang. Caught the news on the passing of Harry Kalas a few mins ago, and it really dampens the mood. He was a true master of his craft)
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I think most Sox fans don't like it. Selling out to the almighty dollar.

They wouldn't have 2 titles without the money. And the one thing their owners truly excel at is extorting as much money off of "Red Sox Nation" as humanly possible. Green Monster seats/Roof seats/Bullpen seats, etc. I used to watch their games on occassion on NESN and it was like a long infomercial with a baseball game in the middle of it. I'm suprised that they haven't got a sponsor for crotch-grabbing yet.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: