Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Default Re: There are no games out now that I like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm currently playing Darkfall: a full-loot, kill anyone, and build your own cities MMO all combined with a FPS combat system.

I youtubed this game after seeing your post and it looks pretty cool. Do you need a monster computer to run it?
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I'm thinking of grabbing Valkyria Chronicles. But it's not an RPG, its a strategy game.....

Oh well

Have you checked out Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope or Persona 4? Those are some of the later JRPGs out.

Dragon Quest IX will be on the DS and Dragon Quest X was announced for the Wii.

There was recently a Suikoden game released on the DS but I don't know too much about it…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
I youtubed this game after seeing your post and it looks pretty cool. Do you need a monster computer to run it?

Nah I'de say it's similar to WoW requirements... which are really low.

My computer is pretty nice though so I can't be sure. I have been in 100+ player battles in Darkfall though and it ran smooth which speaks well for the game framework. I think they are using a traditional FPS framework from Quake or something like that.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Nah I'de say it's similar to WoW requirements... which are really low.

My computer is pretty nice though so I can't be sure. I have been in 100+ player battles in Darkfall though and it ran smooth which speaks well for the game framework. I think they are using a traditional FPS framework from Quake or something like that.

Wait.. its still in beta? But I'm definitely gonna try it out as soon as I can.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #20
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Have you checked out Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope or Persona 4? Those are some of the later JRPGs out.

Dragon Quest IX will be on the DS and Dragon Quest X was announced for the Wii.

There was recently a Suikoden game released on the DS but I don't know too much about it…

Dude I *only* have a PS3. The irony is, I had to shell out $600 for that freakin machine cause I dodn't want to miss out on FF13 and Tekken 6.

Thats.....just.....unfair
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Dude I *only* have a PS3. The irony is, I had to shell out $600 for that freakin machine cause I dodn't want to miss out on FF13 and Tekken 6.

I might break down and get one too. How else will I get to play Resistance 1&2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1&2, and God of War 3?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I might break down and get one too. How else will I get to play Resistance 1&2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1&2, and God of War 3?

You're not missing out much. Killzone2>>>>both resistances combined. It's just more realistic, more cinematic, much more enjoyable to play than Resistance.

I don't know about Uncharted 1 & 2, but it didn't even get game of the year recognition, so it must not have been THAT great.

God of War 3 might be the only PS3 exclusive to look out for.

Top reasons you might consider to buy a PS3 IMO:
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Killzone 2
3. God of War 3 (maybe)

Truly not worth the extra cash I had to fork out and missing out on the huge online community with Xbox live. (A lot more people make rosters for NBA 2k9 in OS for the Xbox, I think only 1 does a great one for the PS3)
Old 04-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #23
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
You're not missing out much. Killzone2>>>>both resistances combined. It's just more realistic, more cinematic, much more enjoyable to play than Resistance.

I don't know about Uncharted 1 & 2, but it didn't even get game of the year recognition, so it must not have been THAT great.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Killzone 2
3. God of War 3 (maybe)

Truly not worth the extra cash I had to fork out and missing out on the huge online community with Xbox live. (A lot more people make rosters for NBA 2k9 in OS for the Xbox, I think only 1 does a great one for the PS3)

Uncharted is my favorite PS3 game. And maybe my favorite action adventure game of all time. Trust me play it right now. Only problem was it was too short only around 8 hours maybe 9.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #24
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Killzone 2
3. God of War 3 (maybe)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll finally be able to go on xbox live in about a week.....I'll be playing 2K9 and Resident Evil 5. Left 4 Dead when I get it back.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #25
Killbot
Banned

If I were you, I wouldn't force myself to buy games that you don't like. You can save it for something else.

I'm waiting for Starcraft 2 and Doom 4 to come out.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #26
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Uncharted is my favorite PS3 game. And maybe my favorite action adventure game of all time. Trust me play it right now. Only problem was it was too short only around 8 hours maybe 9.

Is that so? I remember picking DMC4 over that game when it came out. I'll youtube it when I get home and see if I like it. Hopefully it doesn't play like the overhyped Force Unleashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
If I were you, I wouldn't force myself to buy games that you don't like. You can save it for something else.

That's the thing. There are NO games coming out in a while. I can't save forever for FF13.

I long for the days of the PS2 when you had a bunch of games coming out and you didn't really have to look forward to game release dates. There's always something playable coming out.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:

Persona 4 is on PS2 - I imagine if you paid the $600 initial price, you'd have a 60GB which offers 99.8% hassle free backwards compatibility.

I have a PS3 collecting dust myself, and I got it at launch thinking that all the great games from Japan would find its way on the Sony machine as in the past two generations… I'd never think that more JRPGs and and freaking shooters like Death Smiles and Ketsui would be on the Yankee 360!

And I believe that Eternal Sonata is also on PS3
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #28
sixerfan82
College star

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm currently saving the dough and waiting for the few PS3 releases I truly want.

I'm checking out some DS titles as well.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #29
Al Thornton
Banned

Quote:
Is that so? I remember picking DMC4 over that game when it came out. I'll youtube it when I get home and see if I like it. Hopefully it doesn't play like the overhyped Force Unleashed.

That's the thing. There are NO games coming out in a while. I can't save forever for FF13.

I long for the days of the PS2 when you had a bunch of games coming out and you didn't really have to look forward to game release dates. There's always something playable coming out.

Dude don't even compare the two. This ****'s from the guys who made Jak and Crash Bandicoot.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #30
AJ2k8
Banned

I searched back a fair bit to find a few decent games, traded in a couple and got myself C&C3, Colin McRae DIRT, Mass Effect and Overlord. All pretty decent games that should keep me going a while.

Although I've heard that FF13 wont be out in North America until Jan. 2010...
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: