Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #31
v-unit
NBA All-star

Default Re: The Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album of All-Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Name one LP that has the same combination of high-grade production, unreal lyrical content, vivid storytelling, lack of weak link, overall rawness, and influential effect on future artists. You do that, I'll concede Illmatic is 'overrated'

It's overrated because clowns like you write things like that.

Get at me when you hop off. "unreal lyrical content" "overall rawness"

AHAHAHA
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit

AHAHAHA

what album(s) do you consider to be on the same level as illmatic?
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #33
v-unit
NBA All-star

I'm not a fan of alot of artists where I can say this certain album was amazing. The only people I listen to first track to last is Jay-Z, Eminem and Lil Wayne for other reasons.

Eminem is my favourite rapper, but IMO Jay is the greatest rapper of all time. Reasonable Doubt/BluePrint/Black Album are all amazing and if you want an album that's clearly better, it's Reasonable Doubt.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #34
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:

AHAHAHA

so what's the best LP ever then? See you won't have an answer because you're a pretentious ********* who argues to make it look like you're original or different in some way, but you don't have any real opinions or thoughts of your own. Answer my ****ing question or shut the **** up, 2 choices pick one.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #35
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
I'm not a fan of alot of artists where I can say this certain album was amazing. The only people I listen to first track to last is Jay-Z, Eminem and Lil Wayne for other reasons.

Eminem is my favourite rapper, but IMO Jay is the greatest rapper of all time. Reasonable Doubt/BluePrint/Black Album are all amazing and if you want an album that's clearly better, it's Reasonable Doubt.

And he picks Jay-Z as the greatest rapper of all time

Anything you say after that can't be taken seriously. ****ing clown.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #36
1manfastbreak
just win

i think you can make a good argument for jay-z as goat. i don't think he is, but your not a ****in clown if you say he is.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #37
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
And he picks Jay-Z as the greatest rapper of all time

Anything you say after that can't be taken seriously. ****ing clown.

IMAGINE if Nas was consistent and had the album dropping ability that most artists have. Seriously, he had a decent album and then just gets worse and worse. There are certain criteria for GOAT rapper. One is lyricism, another is consistency.

Jay had a great career, started with a bang, and dropped more classics. He didn't have a single bad album out, some worse then others, but even the likes of Kingdome Come is greater then most rap albums of today's times.

And look at you acting like Jay-Z being GOAT is so unordinary. Like that's supposed to mean something when Jay is already considered the GOAT by many?

Another thing-I call you a clown, you call me a clown. I call you unoriginial for liking something that most people like just because of the hype and you call me unoriginal and fallowing other's opinoins. LOL - If there was ever a time in this thread for irony, I guess now is the time.

Ouchie wally wally

Last edited by v-unit : 04-13-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #38
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

v-unit with the slam dunk!!! Boom shakalaka!!!

Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #39
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Did V-Unit just call Illmatic a "decent album"?

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #40
v-unit
NBA All-star

Yeah

I can't listen to that album for my life. I almost hopped on the Nas bandwagon back in early 07, and I remember IMing my friends lyrics of his and trying to convince them he was goat. My friends all responded with "What the fuck?" in disgust. I then said whatever and listened to Ether.

But then I saw a related video "Takeover-Jay-Z" and I listened to his lyrics and I was done. "Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all" "Worst flow on the whole song" etc etc and in a day I stopped kidding myself and turned the other direction.

I haven't listened to Nas since.

Last edited by v-unit : 04-13-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #41
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Yeah

I can't take anything you say regarding music seriously if you honestly think Illmatic is nothing more than a "decent album".
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #42
v-unit
NBA All-star

You (or was it blasian) also said that "whoever doesn't think Illmatic is the GOAT is just a plain idiot" or something along those lines.

So really it's not like I'm going to take anything you say seriously. It's really pity though because I was once in your position and it's just a matter of time before you snap out of it.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #43
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

Quote:
IMAGINE if Nas was consistent and had the album dropping ability that most artists have. Seriously, he had a decent album and then just gets worse and worse. There are certain criteria for GOAT rapper. One is lyricism, another is consistency.

Jay had a great career, started with a bang, and dropped more classics. He didn't have a single bad album out, some worse then others, but even the likes of Kingdome Come is greater then most rap albums of today's times.

And look at you acting like Jay-Z being GOAT is so unordinary. Like that's supposed to mean something when Jay is already considered the GOAT by many?

Another thing-I call you a clown, you call me a clown. I call you unoriginial for liking something that most people like just because of the hype and you call me unoriginal and fallowing other's opinoins. LOL - If there was ever a time in this thread for irony, I guess now is the time.

Ouchie wally wally

Mannnnn.......

Nas' inconsistency? hmmmm didn't Jay say something like when they were going at it back in the day?

anyway, while some consider Jay to be the greatest....MANY others also consider Nas to be up there. Some say the greatest, some say lyrically above him. Rakim, KRS-One (considered by a whole lot people as GOAT) are also up there...

I feel you, its just an opinion, and you could def make a case for it. But, lets be real. Jay has an incredible track record but he didn't keep dropping classics after Reasonable Doubt. Pac is the greatest but hey, you have your opinions.

At least you didn't say some stupid **** like Lil Wayne as greatest l=
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #44
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Mannnnn.......

Nas' inconsistency? hmmmm didn't Jay say something like when they were going at it back in the day?

anyway, while some consider Jay to be the greatest....MANY others also consider Nas to be up there. Some say the greatest, some say lyrically above him. Rakim, KRS-One (considered by a whole lot people as GOAT) are also up there...

I feel you, its just an opinion, and you could def make a case for it. But, lets be real. Jay has an incredible track record but he didn't keep dropping classics after Reasonable Doubt. Pac is the greatest but hey, you have your opinions.

At least you didn't say some stupid **** like Lil Wayne as greatest l=

lol true. I just felt that Jay was more consistent then Nas. But yeah just opinions.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #45
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
You (or was it blasian) also said that "whoever doesn't think Illmatic is the GOAT is just a plain idiot" or something along those lines.

Pretty sure I never said that.

Quote:
So really it's not like I'm going to take anything you say seriously. It's really pity though because I was once in your position and it's just a matter of time before you snap out of it.

I don't care if you like Nas, hate Nas, love Jay, hate Jay, whatever.. I don't give a crap who's bandwagon you're on. Illmatic is better than a "decent album", and it has nothing to do with whether you like it or not. I'm not on Jay-Z's bandwagon, but I'm not going to go around saying Reasonable Doubt is nothing but a "decent album".
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: