Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #46
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album of All-Time?

Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #47
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Pretty sure I never said that.

I don't care if you like Nas, hate Nas, love Jay, hate Jay, whatever.. I don't give a crap who's bandwagon you're on. Illmatic is better than a "decent album", and it has nothing to do with whether you like it or not. I'm not on Jay-Z's bandwagon, but I'm not going to go around saying Reasonable Doubt is nothing but a "decent album".

Don't know how to respond here. I can't listen to the album and can't say it's great because it has good lyrics but I didn't like most of the beats and I didn't like his flow AT ALL. Those two are big.

Jay's albums had those three on point usually and if Illmatic doesn't have that then IMO what can it be besides decent?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #48
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Whoops, my bad. Wrong thread?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #49
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit

I think you just need a little 'Sunshine' in your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxUoySP9zqg

And let's not even talk about what happened when Nas and Jay-Z went head to head...
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #50
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
And let's not even talk about what happened when Nas and Jay-Z went head to head...
Takeover>Ether
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #51
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Takeover>Ether

if you say so, but I guess we were listening to very different tracks/battles. Nas buried him, did Jay-Z even come back w/ anything after Ether? I mean, how could he?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #52
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Rocafella got slaughtered by Nas, and they even admitted it.

I still whup your ass, you 36 in a karate class?

HAHA
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #53
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mothers got involved after Takeover came out. When your mother tells you that you have gone too far, you have gone too far. The only reason people think Nas won is because Jay let them think that. Jigga saved the kid's career by not finishing him off. Super Ugly gets dissed a lot, but outside of the hook and beat choice, Jay hit harder with the lyrics in that joint.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #54
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #55
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm not a fan of alot of artists where I can say this certain album was amazing. The only people I listen to first track to last is Jay-Z, Eminem and Lil Wayne for other reasons.
I watched three Cavs games back in 2003 and never watched basketball again. But Ricky Davis is the definitive greatest player of all time.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #56
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Atliens #1

Last edited by loot : 04-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #57
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

some others i really like and havent seen here yet:

loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #58
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Illmatic is an incredible album...if its not your favorite or the what you think is the best, that is definitely understandable...especially for younger kids in here because some of the beats are kind of old school and it doesnt offer much party music.

but to call it a decent album is outrageous. In my opinion, "It Ain't Hard to Tell" is the worst song on the album, and i have heard people debate that song as one of the greatest hip hop songs of all time...that's how strong the album is.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #59
Dasher

3 votes for Atliens, which is also one of the greatest gospel albums ever as well.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yeah

I can't listen to that album for my life. I almost hopped on the Nas bandwagon back in early 07, and I remember IMing my friends lyrics of his and trying to convince them he was goat. My friends all responded with "What the fuck?" in disgust. I then said whatever and listened to Ether.

But then I saw a related video "Takeover-Jay-Z" and I listened to his lyrics and I was done. "Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all" "Worst flow on the whole song" etc etc and in a day I stopped kidding myself and turned the other direction.

I haven't listened to Nas since.

This post indubitably proves your lack of rap / hip-hop knowledge in general. I don't mean to be offensive... just sayin'...
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: