Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #61
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album of All-Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm talking about if you could only listen to ONE Rap/Hip-hop Album for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #62
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Not necessarily the best albums, but my top 2 favourite ones definately!
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #63
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Right now it would probably be The Cold Vein - but, like always, that's subject to change. The beats are my favourite of all time, but my lack of enthusiasm for Vordul makes it difficult to have so far up.

Others that are certainly in contention:

Illmatic
Ready to Die
A Prince Among Thieves
ATLiens
Deltron 3030
Haiku d'etat
Southernunderground
Madvillain
Vaudeville Villain
Capital Punishment
Endtroducing
Blackstar
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #64
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont really think there is a clear cut "best" rap album ever but you cant go wrong with any of these.

TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #65
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot

That's a good one.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #66
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I watched three Cavs games back in 2003 and never watched basketball again. But Ricky Davis is the definitive greatest player of all time.

What I meant was not that I don't listen to their albums first to last, but that I can't listen to their albums first to last. I don't like all of the songs. The only artists who could produce albums for me where I could put on track one and wait for it to get to track one again are Jay, Em, and Wayne. There are Nas songs I like but every album of his has songs that I will never like. No breaking into the song, no giving it a chance, nothing. I can't listen to alot of Nas songs.

I can listen to every Jay, Em and Wayne song. Take that how ever you want to take it.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #67
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are really only two possible conclusions to take from that

1. You have incredibly specific taste, limited to your three favourite acts; three very popular, very emulated, and indeed quite different artists. This conclusion seems doubtful, as there are a vast array of artists one would expect you to like, considering your appreciation of the aforementioned three.

2. You don't listen to much rap outside of the artists you mentioned. This makes more sense. And if this is the case, you shouldn't be spewing the absolutist arguments toward which you have quite the tendency.

But what do I care, it's none of my business.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #68
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:

1. You have incredibly specific taste, limited to your three favourite acts; three very popular, very emulated, and indeed quite different artists. This conclusion seems doubtful, as there are a vast array of artists one would expect you to like, considering your appreciation of the aforementioned three.

2. You don't listen to much rap outside of the artists you mentioned. This makes more sense. And if this is the case, you shouldn't be spewing the absolutist arguments toward which you have quite the tendency.

Well said, the LOJ LOL'd.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #69
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
I dont really think there is a clear cut "best" rap album ever but you cant go wrong with any of these.

I don't hate Lil Wayne, but I don't like his music. Don't really care about him. But why would you put Carter II in there with those classics? Just look at your post one more time. Now tell me if you still think Carter II belongs in there.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #70
UDøNIS

Quote:

Voice of reason.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #71
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I don't hate Lil Wayne, but I don't like his music. Don't really care about him. But why would you put Carter II in there with those classics? Just look at your post one more time. Now tell me if you still think Carter II belongs in there.

I know a few circles of hip-hop heads that think very highly of Carter II (and III for that matter) but obviously that album was out of place. In fact, Carter III > II.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #72
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carter I, II, 500 Degrees, Lights Out, and Tha Block is Hot >Tha Carter III
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #73
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

One of the biggest Wayniac's out there..homer pick.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #74
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Carter I, II, 500 Degrees, Lights Out, and Tha Block is Hot >Tha Carter III

Tha Block is Hot is not better than C3...at all.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #75
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Tha Block is Hot is not better than C3...at all.
Yes it was. The Carter III was a decent album, but it is not on the level of Tha Block is Hot.

Kisha
Tha Block Is Hot
F*ck Tha World
Loud Pipes
Respect Us
What Ya Wanna Do

All Banged harder than anything on the Carter III not named A Milli, and A Milli was only hot because of the beat. In fact The Carter III contains no song that would be amongst Weezy's ten best.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: