Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #151
Block_Party
I brick open layups

Block_Party has an OK reputation so far
Default How well do you think Amare will be this year?

Personally I don't think we'll ever see the same Amare. He's been on and off ever since last year and the best we'll ever see is probably some watered down version that puts up 22-8.

Then again, in my predictions 2 years ago I had the Sonics winning 38 games. They won 50 that year.

The only way I see the Suns making it to the finals is if the Spurs and Mavs clobber each other into submission and then they're both too tired to keep up with Phoenix, but if that didn't happen this year I don't think it will ever happen. Dal and SA are too good.

Thoughts?
Block_Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #152
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

This Has Been Made A Thousand Freaking Times How Do U Not See These Threads?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #153
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

The whole state of Arizona is praying right now.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #154
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Let's be real. Amare is done and so are the Suns. Those lucky MF's beat the Lakers last year when in reality, the better team lost. Damn 3-1..DAMN!!!!
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #155
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

I really hope the Suns aren't rushing him back. Its no secret that he shouldn't have played at all last year, and it seems that with all of these missed practices that once again he's trying to do too much, too soon.

Matt Harpring had a similar procedure done two years ago and he still doesn't do two-a-days, and said recently that he probably never will again. He missed most of the back-to-back games last year and spent countless hours doing rehab and various other exercises.

Amare really needs to pace himself. Go light, play limited minutes for a while when he does come back, skip one game of all the back-to-backs for a year. I wonder though, with Nash not getting any younger, if the Suns feels that this year is now or never.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #156
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd
Let's be real. Amare is done and so are the Suns. Those lucky MF's beat the Lakers last year when in reality, the better team lost. Damn 3-1..DAMN!!!!
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. suns are done
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #157
Prince
I brick open layups

Prince has an OK reputation so far
Default Is it STAT Finished??

I don't know...
I always figured it was too good to be true, a player as dominating as STAT
to have a long career...
I hope he doesn't end up on "Beyond the Glory"...
I just knew something was funny when STAT signed that contract
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #158
Sham
Great young streetballer

Sham has an OK reputation so far

Antonio Mcdyess anyone?
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #159
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham
Antonio Mcdyess anyone?

McDyess worked his ass off and found an unstoppable midrange jumper off the turn around. If he starts he's prolly a 15/10 guy. That would be a dissapointment to Amare, the Suns, and his fans i'd imagine.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #160
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
McDyess worked his ass off and found an unstoppable midrange jumper off the turn around. If he starts he's prolly a 15/10 guy. That would be a dissapointment to Amare, the Suns, and his fans i'd imagine.
Mydess was never half the force in the paint that Amare was. Mydess could get 18/19 a game if he played 36-40mintues.Isn't that what he used to get?
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #161
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Mydess was never half the force in the paint that Amare was. Mydess could get 18/19 a game if he played 36-40mintues.Isn't that what he used to get?

Statistically, his best season was

21.2 ppg
10.7 rpg
1.6 apg
1.46 spg
2.30 bpg
47% FG

I'd say that's very comparable to Amare's best year.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #162
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Amare shoulda just made a committment to take 2 years off following the surgery just to be sure he didnt rush anything. Better to lose 2 years of him than have him for a long time as a gimpy jumpshooting shadow of his former self.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #163
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

bump. too many amare topics. hope those get meshed
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: