Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Any Jay Electronica fans?

I've been hearing about dude for a while, and I took a quick listen once, but I must've not been paying much attention.

I was on another board, and they brought up the new class of indie hip hoppers like Charles Hamilton, Wale, Jay, and a few others. But I'm not really feeling them cats too much. They're nice and all, but the only one that I found myself willing to listen regularly was Jay Electronica.

Can some of you point me into the right direction?

Thanks
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Any Jay Electronica fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I've been hearing about dude for a while, and I took a quick listen once, but I must've not been paying much attention.

I was on another board, and they brought up the new class of indie hip hoppers like Charles Hamilton, Wale, Jay, and a few others. But I'm not really feeling them cats too much. They're nice and all, but the only one that I found myself willing to listen regularly was Jay Electronica.

Thanks

Eternal Sunshine and Transformations are two of my favorites from him. He put out two EPs that I have, Jay Electronica Sampler and the StyleWars EP. Not sure where I got them but I came across them a while ago. I like his flow but alot of times I cant hear his lyrics. Good sound though.

As for the new guys, IMO Drake is the best hands down. Blu is really tight too if you haven't heard him (Completly different styles, but these two guys can both make it). Don't like CH. I like Wale and Cudi but I don't see them making the impact that Drake can. Gemini was another one of my favorite up and comers, but he recently quit the industry
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

Thanks

jay is potentially a really dope emcee. out of the new crop, blu is great too.
nice tracks:

eternal sunshine
so what you sayin
my world

if he gets some charisma and nice beats, it's over; he has amazing lyrics.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks!

I'm hip to Blu and Drake (basically the new crop of artists).

I think Drake is good, but I can't get into him, just like I can't get into Lupe.

Blu is dope as well, but there's times when his voice and delivery don't match on certain type of tracks.

All of them are dope for a track or two, but not for constant play for me. I think Jay is the only one I can play on a regular basis.

And thanks for the links.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: