Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation
Default Observations from a Nets game...

I was at the Nets/Magic game over the weekend. All-in-all it was a damn good time but I realized...

1. That dancing "Stu", or Dancing Phil as he's refered to in the program, is a dirty old pervert. Yeah, you read right. The Nets actually had 2 pages about him in the program for the game. It explains that he was hit in the head by a baseball several years ago. It fractured his skull from the inside out and almost killed him. (I'm not making this up. It actually says this sh*t). Long story short, he's now a disco-obsessed dance-a-holic who attends every Nets home game just so he can rub his ass on children. Thats right, Disco Phil likes to rub his ass on children... boys especially. This even prompted one mother, who was previously joking and talking with Phil, to intervene and pull her son back to his seat. I mean seriously, it was weird: The guy shows up 45-minutes late for a game (obviously not interested in a great basketball team rolling into his town), wearing a SKIN-tight floral design shirt. Then he proceeds to rub his ass all over children. And he does this all the time! NOBODY ELSE FINDS THIS WRONG??

Anyway...

2. Michelle Beadle's stand-in is nearly as hot as she is. I dont know what her name is, nor do I care, but she is fine. So why not put them both on the air? We could be "that team with the two hot chicks." Couldn't hurt ticket sales either...

3. StubbHub is the sh*t! Not really an observation on the game, I know. But I can't believe how cheap you can get tickets on there.

4. The asian fans have seem to have absolutely no interest in basketball. This is the second Nets game this season that I went to and sat next to a large group of asians. Both times they just sat around lethargically, not watching the court or having a clue what is going on, and occasionally pointing down on the Nets bench where Yi is sitting. (disclaimer for Asians : I dont mean for this to sound racist. I'm just commenting on what I see, so dont come at me with all your kung-fu. thank you)

5. Nets half-time shows suuuuuuuuuck. At the other game I went to this season, they had an all-senior production of some crappy community theater play. 30 geriatrics standing around waving their arms and lip-syncing for ten minutes. Torture. This past Saturday night, they had a doo-wop quartet called "The Coasters". After they completely bombed and crapped on the national anthem, you could hear the crowd's collective groan when it was announced they would be performing at half-time. Maybe these cats could sing in the 50's, but they looked like they were about to keel over. At no point during the 10-minute "performance" did they actually harmonize in key. I was actually embarrassed a little for them, because they seemed to be the only ones who enjoyed it. But seriously, this was a Saturday night game.. against the freakin Magic, who have one of the biggest superstars in the league. They knew it would be a good turnout, and they can't bother to put together half-way decent entertainment for 10 minutes?? I would have preferred a highlight reel of V.C. dunks on the big screen..

6. The tunnel sucks. It's not so bad when you're going TO the game, but when the game lets out and the tunnel is so jam packed that you can barely move.. I get insanely claustrophobic. Am I the only one who doesn't like being tightly funneled into a tube with a mob of strangers?

7. Stan Van Gundy is LOUD.

8. Izod Center hot-dog vendors must make pretty decent money, because I saw at least 5 of them rocking I-Phones. Then I'd get mad because I think about how I can't afford to pay monthly for an I-Phone.

9. Is there any other team in the league that flings burritos into the crowd??? I dont know why they have a deal with Chipotle Grill, but I think it's pretty hysterical that you can catch a giant burrito at a Nets game if you're lucky enough. The things are huge like BRICKS. Anybody ever eat there? I dont think I've ever seen one...

10. The Nets beat the Magic!!! And without Devin Harris too. Which further proves my theory that Harris blows games with his "me-first" mentality. Just look at the unselfishness of Dooling and Carter, who combined for 19 assists on the night. Ball distribution.. THAT'S how you win games. So now that the season is over for the Nets and it's time to play the blame-game, people are finally admitting what I've been saying all season: Harris' questionable late-game decisions and failure to get his team more involved cost the Nets their season. Dont get me wrong, folks.. his game is tight. He isn't a superstar though. He has superstar potential. He must not confuse the two if he wants to mature as a player and team leader.

Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Observations from a Nets game...

another awesome collection, rockbottom. thanks for that.

1. interesting. but after viewing this segment i'm still inclined to believe he's a good guy. he seems to want to dance up against anyone, be they little boys or not.

4. it's the group mentality at work, i presume.

6. totally. and i have bad feet, so it's really annoying to have to walk the tunnel twice to watch a game. i thought it was only supposed to be temporary while they worked on the parking lot, yet the tunnel's been there for what, 2-3 seasons now??

Quote:
...I saw at least 5 of them rocking I-Phones.
okay, this is just a pet peeve, but:

when are wearing or using something you are not rocking it. you are not up on stage performing music. when i sit in a chair i am not chairing and when i lift my fork to eat i am not forking it.

thank you. that is all from the sick-of-lame-cultural-fads department.

10. i'm with you. living in philly i had to endure way too many years of iverson playing me-first for the sixers such that i had enough of that in 2001 and became a nets fan. if this happens all over again with harris i am liable to go stark raving mad.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
okay, this is just a pet peeve, but:

when are wearing or using something you are not rocking it. you are not up on stage performing music. when i sit in a chair i am not chairing and when i lift my fork to eat i am not forking it.

thank you. that is all from the sick-of-lame-cultural-fads department.

Strange thing is... I agree with you. I dont talk gangster at all IRL. Yet when I'm on certain forums (ISH being one of them, of course) I tend to use slang I'd never actually speak out loud. I dont even realize I'm doing it half the time
Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
Strange thing is... I agree with you. I dont talk gangster at all IRL. Yet when I'm on certain forums (ISH being one of them, of course) I tend to use slang I'd never actually speak out loud. I dont even realize I'm doing it half the time
funny thing is, 99.9% of the people who talk like that have no idea what it is to be a gangster. so i'd like to see all these recording artists and wannabe gang-members be sent to places like moscow, tokyo and sicily to see how well their so-called "gangsta" skills work out against the pros.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the reason the nets won against the Magic is because Dooling is pretty good and mostly because Rashard Lewis was out and that made us focus more on howard since they started Battie at PF...
VC stepped up his game and Dooling did his job...
So I dont know why you are knocking on Harris who has won us just as many games as VC did...
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I dont mean for this to sound racist. I'm just commenting on what I see, so dont come at me with all your kung-fu
That part was racist
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

they dont actually throw burritos...they are t-shirts wrapped up as a burrito. But for some reason they call them "Burritos"
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

and chipotle is delicious
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
the reason the nets won against the Magic is because Dooling is pretty good and mostly because Rashard Lewis was out and that made us focus more on howard since they started Battie at PF...
VC stepped up his game and Dooling did his job...
So I dont know why you are knocking on Harris who has won us just as many games as VC did...

Seasons over man. Now it's time to take an honest look at this team and analyze what made us lose all those games. You're right about Harris winning as many games as VC did. Problem is: VC isnt our point guard. When Harris is controlling the offense, and the team has a crappy season, you gotta look at his game and realize where it needs improvement.

Or you can just keep making excuses for him and we can act like nothing is wrong. After all, the playoffs arent that important I guess.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
Seasons over man. Now it's time to take an honest look at this team and analyze what made us lose all those games. You're right about Harris winning as many games as VC did. Problem is: VC isnt our point guard. When Harris is controlling the offense, and the team has a crappy season, you gotta look at his game and realize where it needs improvement.

Or you can just keep making excuses for him and we can act like nothing is wrong. After all, the playoffs arent that important I guess.
Harris is deffinently not the player that cost the season. The person that cost us the season is the head coach. Starting Hassell and Yi for that long stretch wrecked us...Simmons should have always started and yi should have been on the bench since the start of December.
Truest me if the Nets didnt have Harris's monster games The Nets would not have won even close to 20 games. VC was always the playmaker while Devin is the scorer...it seriously is not Devins fault he is played at PG is it?
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Harris is deffinently not the player that cost the season. The person that cost us the season is the head coach. Starting Hassell and Yi for that long stretch wrecked us...
it's hard to believe people can say that with a straight face.
not you specifically, but there are so many people out there who think frank cost us a better season.

you know, like finishing sixth in the EC would have been worth being blown away by orlando and getting worse draft position for this spring? for what? i mean, wasn't this season the perfect opportunity to see if yi could make it in the NBA? there was absolutely nothing to lose and much to possibly gain by doing it.

second, i have a very hard time believing frank wanted to start yi on his own merits.
no, the writing was on the wall when a near-star was traded for the boy. this was thorn's doing and nobody else's.

as for hassell, at least he's the team's best defender. IMO you can never go wrong giving heavy minutes to your best defender regardless of his offense. and let's be honest- bobby simmons did not exactly light the place up stats-wise. other than being statistically good at threes (but not able to shoot them in volume), what exactly does he give us? we all know that if the nets could be rid of him and his contract, he would be gone before this sentence was over.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Firstly, nobody really knows what happens behind the scenes...whether Frank decided to start Yi or not. You have to look at the top. I personally think Frank is a good coach. And I think that we have some good players, but they are just really young and need some development. We have to be honest with ourselves here. Honestly the nets are about 1 or 2 moves away from being a contender. You cant rely on rookies to run the team. Although Lopez did a hell of a job and we all saw the future in CDR and Anderson. What we need is a strong fearless PF (Yi, Anderson, Najera, Williams) are ok but thats not the fearless PF that we need. I like Hayes alot as a backup SF, but we also need a offenisve SF that can put up points quickly. DEFENSE needs to be addressed as well. The coaching staff needs to adjust their defensive strategy and stress the defensive factor in the games...maybe they can pick up a defender in the off season.

1. Strong PF
2. Offensive SF
3. Defense issue

if the nets can fix these problems then that will be a step in the right direction
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Good points all around

Now lets talk about Vince. As much as I enjoy watching him play, I think it would be beneficial to the team to shop him around in the off season. He's done incredible things for this team (and basketball in general) but his performance has been declining due to age and I cant honestly believe we'll see a more aggressive V.C. in his final contract year with the Nets.

The idea of getting a young PF/SF or some defensive muscle, like JerzeyBlaze said, is just too tempting to pass up.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

what u think about picking up Boozer in the offseason if or when he opts out? Great defender/rebounder, great scorer, 27, the PF beast we need. He would probably be wanting close to 13 mill though...OR

We can make an offer for Paul Milsap who is only making 800,000 a year. He's young, showing that he can bud into a star, will be a Restricted Free Agent in the offseason. We offer him 3-4 mill, get him some money and we get a monster PF

And while we are at it, packup Simmons and send him to NY for AL harrington. The salaries match i think. Play AL at the 3

Harris
CDR/Carter (if he's still there)
Harrington
Boozer or Millsap
Lopez

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 04-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Boozer has no heart and Harrington is too thug for the Nets
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: