Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #61
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

He hit that kid with a shamgod at the begining of the mixtape. haha
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #62
VeeCee15
Great young streetballer

VeeCee15 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Derrick Rose is a better athlete than Wall.

He can outdunk wall and jumps higher..Wall is taller and has longer arms.

Wall athletically is like DWade.
VeeCee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #63
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
and he (Wall) has never proven himself against players that he wasn't substantially more physically mature than.
Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #64
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
He's an elite talent, but lets not forget that having a highlight tape on youtube isn't really a hard thing to have. Anyone can have a highlight reel. If you put a compilation of my best moves in high school basketball I could have looked like a 4 star recruit.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
I would easily take John Wall over Blake Griffin. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, a better passing derrick rose.

You realize how many times I've heard that?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #66
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.

JuJuan Johnson, Taj Gibson, Damion James, Dexter Pittman, Leo Lyons, Paul Harris, Arinze Onaku are all either NBA-caliber players or potential NBA players.

I'm ok with you saying John Wall challenging that first pick slot, but don't act like Blake Griffin has not faced adequate competition to make him worthy of his #1 billing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #67
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
they have to be one year removed from high school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
owned

Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #68
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

It's the truth. Just like you watched that reel of Keith Brumbaugh and thought he was the next great thing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #69
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?
im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #70
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up
It sounds like a similar situation that Larry Fitzgerald had with the NFL a few years ago. You can only enter the NFL draft three years removed from your high school graduating class but Fitzgerald spent a post graduate year, so he was allowed to enter the NFL draft after only playing two years of college ball (I'm not sure if that rules changed or not, but that's what it was at the time).

Also I think the Wolves would be one of the few teams that would actually look forward to not getting the number 1 overall selection (the Kings are another one). If they got the first pick, they'd probably just take Griffin due to the outcry that would occur if they didn't select him but the team make up would be a little off kilter and they need a point guard much more than a third big.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #71
sandwiches
I have a pet

sandwiches has an OK reputation so far

isn't this what OJ Mayo tried to do when he was in his 5th year of highschool, but lost.
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #72
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

this is stupid...Griffin is already a proven athlete who is gonna be an imediete factor. Wall is 5th year senior (meaning he failed) who people have seen little of. Not that i think its so horrible that he failed, but it does leave you to wonder where exactly his mentality is at. You would be a fool to risk the first round pick on him, other than that, i believe he could go as 2nd or 3rd since this draft is weak.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #73
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Wall enters he will be the #1 pick. He's one of the most naturally talented players I've seen in a long time.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #74
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

I pity the team that takes Wall #1 overall.

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #75
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought he was the projected first overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: