Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #76
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

I wonder how many of you have actually seen John Wall play a game
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #77
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

wow he moves like Wade. i like the fact that he is very ambidextrous
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #78
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Another retarded thread. If he enters want to avatar bet me?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #79
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Another retarded thread. If he enters want to avatar bet me?
No, you're a clown.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #80
Thunderstruck
Serious playground baller

Thunderstruck is considered somewhat coolThunderstruck is considered somewhat cool

What if the Thunder get the #1 pick, will they select Wall? No, so unless you're Nostradamus, you have no clue what you are talking about.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #81
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
No, you're a clown.

you flood the first page with retarded threads, stupid made up rumors and dumb posts but yet you call me a clown? Than you make a thread saying John Wall will be drafted over Blake Griffin?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #82
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Wow he has amazing driving ability. Handles are nice, but i heard he doesn't really have a jump shot.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #83
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Whatever makes Rubio fall, Im for it.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #84
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wall also refuted speculation that he might test the NBA collective bargaining agreement and enter the 2009 draft as a 19-year-old fifth-year high school student.

"No, not at all," Wall said when asked if he were considering entering this year's draft. "I'm going to school for one or two years and trying to win a national championship. I promised my mom I'd go to college and that if I left early I'd come back and graduate."
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...asp?CID=935860
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #85
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i like the fact that he is very ambidextrous

dude does look very comfortable with either hand. showed some strong moves either side.

but anyway, it's just a clip. do people remember demar derozan? he had a sick high school reel. but then what??
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #86
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In the end it doesn't matter as long as NY gets Jennings or Rubio.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #87
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Anybody else think Wall is not ready for the NBA?

I think he has a lot of potential...but so did gerald green (obviously diff type player). I just think Wall looks really raw right now. He definitely has size and athleticism at PG though.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #88
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Whatever makes Rubio fall, Im for it.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #89
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I think he has a lot of potential...but so did gerald green (obviously diff type player). I just think Wall looks really raw right now. He definitely has size and athleticism at PG though.
All Gerald Green ever showed was the ability to jump really high and shoot 3s.

I think there's a pretty huge difference between that and what we saw from Wall in that mix. (Of course it's only a mix.) Yeah he dunks incredibly easily at 6'4, but what we mainly see is ballhandling, passing, fluency and instinct. Plus what seems like preternatural help-defensive instincts a la Kirilenko (I realize a guy that athletic playing against boys is going to block a lot of shots but he's practically blocking those shots with his chin.) None of which we ever saw from a Gerald Green or a JR Smith. (Not that either player is bad, in fact I have this secret suspicion both players will continue to improve for at least a few more years and both stay in the league for a good while).
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #90
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA KO King
I wonder how many of you have actually seen John Wall play a game

I've only started hearing his name ring like 2 months ago unlike a Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo where I heard about them for a longer period of time and was able to actually watch games and not just highlight reels that alot of talented high school going to big div 1 schools have.

So whats your take on him? How does he compare to say a Derrick Rose in HS and could he duplicate or better Rose as a rookie (if he were to go to school and bounce)? What I've read up on him is he relies far too much on his athletic ability to get him by (so did Rose) but while he makes the crowd pleasing dish what isnt shown or spoken of is the horrible decision making he displays. He tries moves, passes that have little to no chance of being executed.

Other than that? Eh. I've seen some high school games this year but he didnt feature in any. So I guess the only time I'll see him actually play a full game is if a video is online or he goes to college.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: