Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Lets all pray for Cassidy

Quote:
Cassidy was involved in a serious car accident on Wednesday night in New Jersey.

The rapper was a passenger in an SUV en route to a studio in Yonkers, New York, when a U-Haul truck swerved into oncoming traffic and struck the SUV. The truck

crashed into the side of the vehicle that Cassidy was sitting in, according to a J Records spokesperson and members of Cassidy's camp.

Cassidy was rushed to the hospital, suffering a fractured skull. A large number of bones in the left side of his face were also broken, according to his people. Cassidy is in critical condition, is said to be breathing on his own and is undergoing a CAT scan. None of the four other passengers in the vehicle were injured.

Swizz Beatz, currently in Los Angeles, talked about the accident on radio station Power 106 on Thursday (October 5), asking listeners to pray for his friend and collaborator. Cassidy has been working on his third album for Swizz's Full Surface label, which is affiliated with J Records, for the past several months.

The rapper was released from prison in March after serving eight months. He had been convicted of involuntary manslaughter and other charges stemming from the 2005 shooting death of Desmond Hawkins (see "Cassidy Released From Jail After Serving Eight Months").

MTV News will have more on this story as further details become available.

— Shaheem Reid

On the radio they said Cassidy is not expected to make it tonight. I hope he beats the odds.

Get well Cassidy.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
On the radio they said Cassidy is not expected to make it tonight. I hope he beats the odds.

Get well Cassidy.

Another rapper dead, my smile gets bigger.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric

Ced did something really bad happen to you? You have been REALLY bitter lately. Hoping Amare's knee is wrecked, hoping these people die, it aint normal dude...

As for that prayer, will pray later.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
thats low
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

That's horrible...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Never heard of him, but its still terribly tragic.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

you guys are such tools. hasn't Ced proven nothing he says is to be taken seriously? he just wants your attention.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Never heard of him, but its still terribly tragic.
if you ever turn on the radio or watch mtv, you've heard him. his line is "n****"s ax(=ask) abou' me"
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
if you ever turn on the radio or watch mtv, you've heard him. his line is "n****"s ax(=ask) abou' me"

Oh, I know who you all are talking about now. I hope he's alright.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

***** ass ***** aint even get shot, homeboy got hit by a truck. That aint gangsta! He's a fake! Hold up while I count these rocks!

Naw, seriously, that sucks that he got by a car. **** happens.

Had it happened to someone else other than a rapper though it would be a goddamn tragedy!
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Ced did something really bad happen to you? You have been REALLY bitter lately. Hoping Amare's knee is wrecked, hoping these people die, it aint normal dude...

As for that prayer, will pray later.

Rappers are trash and do nothing good for the world. Amare is a prick. It's just nice to see bad things happen to @ssholes occasionaly. It's just a good dose of Karma.

Now all we need is for Sisqu to be eaten by a bunch of angry dolphins, and for somebody to cut Chamillionaire's head off.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
Señor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
you guys are such tools. hasn't Ced proven nothing he says is to be taken seriously? he just wants your attention.

I think you're taling about yourself. I was not craving attention, I just wanted to point out that rappers are trash, and once they all get phased out the world will be a better place. Rap rock and emo can piss off as well.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #13
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Rappers are trash and do nothing good for the world. Amare is a prick. It's just nice to see bad things happen to @ssholes occasionaly. It's just a good dose of Karma.

Now all we need is for Sisqu to be eaten by a bunch of angry dolphins, and for somebody to cut Chamillionaire's head off.

Do you have reasoning to substantiate the claims of rappers and Amare or you're just throwing them out their and hoping someone will bite?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #14
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

So I guess it's no coincidence your knees got smashed and mine is still intact. I'm a good person, you're not.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #15
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

it's never good to wish for someone's death, but at least that's one more lyricist who will never be allowed to write such "wack beats" ever again.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: