Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #16
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who else can't wait for the Lakers to suck again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
exactly

or like the cavs were before lebron got there if you're looking for an example... because clearly you couldn't comprehend what the meaning of "suck again" meant even after catz explained what he meant in the OP
lol?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

while i've not been a lifelong fan of the kings, i have loved them since the end of the stockton-led jazz teams that were my love....and i am a laker-hater through and through, but you other laker haters gotta admit they are the most fun to hate
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
while i've not been a lifelong fan of the kings, i have loved them since the end of the stockton-led jazz teams that were my love....and i am a laker-hater through and through, but you other laker haters gotta admit they are the most fun to hate

yee to that.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haters will hate. The Lakers are the most successful franchise that has owners intent on winning. This is why they are so successful. Not afraid to spend some money, not afraid to pull a deal. There is a history of winning that goes along with this franchise. Anybody who hates on the Lakers really are jealous that their own teams can't get to the level that the Lakers are at. They don't go through many bad seasons bc they are always actively trying to get better and this makes it attractive for big time players to want to play here.

And how about we put these threads to a rest. There are a lot of laker homers threads I will agree, but the hate ones clutter the board just as much.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

ChrisKreager has not been impressing people

Quote:
Ah, the Mid-90's, those were the days. With Vlade Divac and Cedric Ceballos (sp?) leading the mediocre Lakers to 43, 39, and 33 wins. No bandwagon fans, no Kobe ******ging... Just mediocre LA basketball, it was a beautiful thing.

Yeah, the same mediocre Lakers who almost upset the powerful 1993 Suns and upset the Sonics in 1995 a year before they made the NBA Finals.
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Haters will hate. The Lakers are the most successful franchise that has owners intent on winning. This is why they are so successful. Not afraid to spend some money, not afraid to pull a deal. There is a history of winning that goes along with this franchise. Anybody who hates on the Lakers really are jealous that their own teams can't get to the level that the Lakers are at. They don't go through many bad seasons bc they are always actively trying to get better and this makes it attractive for big time players to want to play here.

And how about we put these threads to a rest. There are a lot of laker homers threads I will agree, but the hate ones clutter the board just as much.

Its not so much that the Lakers are willing to spend the money, its the fact that they have the resources that small market teams would drool over.

Damn right im jealous
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

by saying it's jealousy, are you implying that if a team were to, over the next decade or however long, reach "the level the lakers are at", that the fans of that now successful team who hated the lakers would suddenly not dislike the lakers anymore?
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Ah, the Mid-90's, those were the days. With Vlade Divac and Cedric Ceballos (sp?) leading the mediocre Lakers to 43, 39, and 33 wins. No bandwagon fans, no Kobe nuthugging... Just mediocre LA basketball, it was a beautiful thing.

Considering they've missed the playoffs 5 times in about 60 years....you might be waiting awhile buddy I really can't wait for the Laker haters to flood these boards when....wait that's ISH every day.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #24
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Jorn444Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978
Considering they've missed the playoffs 5 times in about 60 years....you might be waiting awhile buddy I really can't wait for the Laker haters to flood these boards when....wait that's ISH every day.

So true.

Anyways, I always get crap for my join date because it was right around when Gasol got traded to the lakers. But you know what? I don't care. I've been bleeding purple and gold since the eddie jones, nick van exel days (I know, no THAT long ago, but I'm only 20). When Gasol got traded to the Lakers, I was so excited, I needed to find a place to talk about it.

Back to the point, when the Lakers "suck" it's usually not for very long, so good luck with that.
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #25
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Every time a team gets good/great they are going to get bandwagoners/ frontrunners. It is just the way it is. If the lakers seem to have more than most teams, it is because they are consistently good. Look how long it takes them to reload, even after giant departures like magic/shaq.

Blazers who are consistently good are back after 6 years. Celtics took a long long time, altho they had an unusual amount of tragedy to get past. NYK? Orlando?

It has taken the lakers 1 year out to get back in the post season. Twice.

I remember the exodus after magic and shaq. Fans marching to some greener pastures. Somewhere. As far as I am concerned, they are ball fans. Not laker fans.

I got my Nick Van Exel jersey when the team was mediocre at best, an upsetter who cant contend. I still rock it. People who ask me "who is that" get a lesson, and cats who know just nod.

So, anyway. I feel non laker fans frustration in a way, but have fun waiting. Support your club and do not get eaten up by your frustration with a team you do not rot for... especially the lakes. It is just futile.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #26
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Duncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Ah, the Mid-90's, those were the days. With Vlade Divac and Cedric Ceballos (sp?) leading the mediocre Lakers to 43, 39, and 33 wins. No bandwagon fans, no Kobe nuthugging... Just mediocre LA basketball, it was a beautiful thing.

That's why Lakers fans say the 90's were weak and it was becuase they were bad in the 90's.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #27
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Me and every other peace loving and intelligent lifeforms in the world.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ahh yes the 90's terrible time for the lakers... missed the playoffs in 94 screwing up a perfectly good 17 year streak of making the playoffs... had to start another one in 95
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #29
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahh yes the 90's terrible time for the lakers... missed the playoffs in 94 screwing up a perfectly good 17 year streak of making the playoffs... had to start another one in 95

90's Lakers werent as bad as some people try to make them out around here. Nick the Quick, Eddie, Ice (Cedric) Vlad and Elden. They made things fun to watch. Still have my Ceballos autographed Laker jersey pinned up on the wall!
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #30
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

suck for what..? 1-3 years? then have all stars and top 10 picks fall from the sky again. It must be nice being a lakers fan, ****ing pricks
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: