Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #31
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who else can't wait for the Lakers to suck again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwake
suck for what..? 1-3 years? then have all stars and top 10 picks fall from the sky again. It must be nice being a lakers fan, ****ing pricks
wouldn't that bitterness be better pointed at the ownership of the team you cheer for?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 AM   #32
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
wouldn't that bitterness be better pointed at the ownership of the team you cheer for?
So you're saying if I take out my anger on my own team that will make things better?

easy for you to say, If your team sucks you just have to wait a few years. While for so many other fans, they may never see their team win a championship in their lifetime.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #33
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

You're going to have to wait until after Bynum retires.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 AM   #34
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board
Default On the Laker bandwagon since 1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Naw, it's easier to hate the Lakers than to admit the shortcomings of the team they are emotionally invested in.

I developed a hatred for the Celtics back in the 60's, Knicks and Bucks in the 70's. Same thing with the UCLA Bruins basketball team in the 60's and 70's when you're a USC fan.

You ever watch Jerry Springer and when someone's wife or girlfriend cheats on them and they get mad at and want to fight the person their SO has cheated with instead of being angry with their wife/girlfriend? Same basic principle applies here.

Kind of bizarre and illogical, but simple human nature. If they can somehow paint the Lakers as villains (NBA/Stern/referees favor them, Kobe's a ******, Kobe's an a-hole, Shaq is a bully, Sasha is annoying, fans are annoying - whatever), it will then seem logical and therefore justify their hatred.

Other sports franchises/figures that get the same treatment year after year include: New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Dallas Cowboys, Jeff Gordon & Manchester United.

I don't get too worked up over it because it's a sign that the Lakers have been very successful and it comes with the turf. I'd still rather deal with that than with what happens when your team is not as successful.

So, I'm looking forward to all the lame reasons and conspiracy theories that the misdirected passion the haters possess will bring.

Party on Garth

EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #35
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: On the Laker bandwagon since 1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
Naw, it's easier to hate the Lakers than to admit the shortcomings of the team they are emotionally invested in.

I developed a hatred for the Celtics back in the 60's, Knicks and Bucks in the 70's. Same thing with the UCLA Bruins basketball team in the 60's and 70's when you're a USC fan.

You ever watch Jerry Springer and when someone's wife or girlfriend cheats on them and they get mad at and want to fight the person their SO has cheated with instead of being angry with their wife/girlfriend? Same basic principle applies here.

Kind of bizarre and illogical, but simple human nature. If they can somehow paint the Lakers as villains (NBA/Stern/referees favor them, Kobe's a ******, Kobe's an a-hole, Shaq is a bully, Sasha is annoying, fans are annoying - whatever), it will then seem logical and therefore justify their hatred.

Typical Lakers fan, thinks they are just entitled to having great players fall in their lap.

Yea we should be mad at our team for not trading nothing for Pau Gasol, or having players that refulse to play anywhere else but for our small market team. You guys are so ****ing spoiled it's disgusting.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
Typical Lakers fan, thinks they are just entitled to having great players fall in their lap.

Yea we should be mad at our team for not trading nothing for Pau Gasol, or having players that refulse to play anywhere else but for our small market team. You guys are so ****ing spoiled it's disgusting.

That's a ridiculous statement. How exactly did I come off as thinking I am "entitled" to having great players fall into the Laker's lap?

I have nothing to do with who plays where and I'm not going to hate the team for the deals they make. There are several other teams, 'big market' and otherwise that squander away what they have. The Knicks, Nets, Clippers and Bulls come immediately to mind as far as so called 'big market' teams that have not been able to perrenially capitalize on their supposedly advantageous market situations, so I can't really support the notion that it's all about whether or not a team is in a big market. There's more to it than that or the Knicks would be more like the Yankees and the Clippers are right here in the same town (for 25 years) so maybe it actually DOES have quite a bit to do with a team's management afterall.

Last edited by EllEffEll : 04-16-2009 at 09:50 PM.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #37
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So you're saying if I take out my anger on my own team that will make things better?

well ask yourself this do you think your owner will do anything if you point your anger at the celtics? or would he respond better if he knew his fan base was upset?

it's not the lakers, celtics, cavs or spurs fault your team is not doing so well, it's the fault of the owner of your team on down... to be mad at another teams fans or the team itself is childish

should clippers fans be mad at the lakers? no you blame sterling and dunleavy, it's not dr. buss's fault, or the coaching staffs fault or the lakers fans who are to blame for the clippers failings...

Last edited by gts : 04-16-2009 at 08:01 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #38
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x has decent reputationjimmy77x has decent reputation

jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #39
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J. Stern
Did someone call me?

Sincerely,

The Commish

Naw dude, Stern has moved on to the Heat. He went all in on the Heat in 2012. Miami is the present and future of biased officiating.

Proof: 2012 playoffs and Finals
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #40
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #41
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

lol this thread makes me laugh.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #42
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #43
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Ah, the Mid-90's, those were the days. With Vlade Divac and Cedric Ceballos (sp?) leading the mediocre Lakers to 43, 39, and 33 wins. No bandwagon fans, no Kobe nuthugging... Just mediocre LA basketball, it was a beautiful thing.

Yes indeed.
It should stay that way forever.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #44
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:

Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #45
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: