Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #16
KIWI

damn i wish i was in your league

but if its league votes on trades in your league surely it gets vetoed even your commish would block it if not you must be in a pretty dumb league
Old 10-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #17
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Caron butler is also arguably more valuable than Josh smith, the only above-average fantasy player that you recieved in that trade.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok first of KG gives you blocks, rebounds and EVERYTHING. He also worked on his game this summer. Which means he's still better then Darko which he's only going to get 10/6 and Smith, who we'll have to fight for the starting job.
Then to top it off you let go of Butler, he's finally finding his groove. As for the third player you got of then trade Harris aint really going to do that much for ya man.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #19
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
Ok first of KG gives you blocks, rebounds and EVERYTHING. He also worked on his game this summer. Which means he's still better then Darko which he's only going to get 10/6 and Smith, who we'll have to fight for the starting job.
Then to top it off you let go of Butler, he's finally finding his groove. As for the third player you got of then trade Harris aint really going to do that much for ya man.
I think KG will up his assist totals this year with the personnel his has around him now, however, Josh Smith will not have to fight anyone for his job. The only thing training camp is going to decide is whether they have him starting at small forward or power forward.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #20
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

butler is gonna have such a good year. and kg, well he is kg and you dont trade him
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #21
holabuster
I brick open layups

holabuster has decent reputation

You always ALWAYS want to trade UP. Depth doesn't mean ****, because great free agents always show themselves over the season. Most seasons I have trouble figuring out who to drop because I want to keep ALL my players...so I try to trade to get a better star, giving room to add more good players to my roster.

DEPTH = NOTHING in fantasy, unless they are high caliber players you would NEVER drop when healthy.

Depth would be like
KG for Richard jefferson and Kirk Hinrich. This would be a good trade if one team needed a star and the other depth. THIS is depth.
holabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #22
BballKings
I airball my layups

BballKings has an OK reputation so far
Default Willing to accept all criticism

I am willing to accept all criticism I enjoy you guys pointing out my weaknesses and telling me how I got ripped in that trade. It just adds another perspective to my thought. However Im not saying also that Jameer is a top 30 player either but I did get him in the 7th round so I do think that is a good pick. I dont go by that solely I am just using it as evidence to support my ideas. They are projections like you said so if they do good then they can say they called it just like paul over nash. However alot of ppl in fantasy underrate projections and draft more on the name than the numbers. Young players on the rise are much more fantasy valuable than old guys perfect example is Duncan. A fantasy disappointment because he cares more about winning. Guys like Jameer, Smith, Hinrich, Roy, all guys with tremendous upside, guys who are no where near their full potential, I have been doing fantasy for years last year when I drafted Dwight Howard 6th or 7th round everyone mocked me. Now Howard didn't even fall to me at the 3rd pick. Guys like that are the ones you have to grab in the beginning of the year cuz when its the middle of the year you see how good they actually are.

I have also already tried to get perkins off waivers for pj.
BballKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #23
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far
Default no way

It is really a bad trade. Only if KG get injured for half of the season you will win in this trade.

Don't do something like that. However still u have a good team.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: